• Jan 8th, 2017 7:16 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 20, 2003
849 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto

Honda Lease Guard

Has anyone here lease a car at Honda and purchased Honda Lease Guard and what's your experience? Just wondering if its worth it if I intend to lease again with them when the lease is up or what if I don't tend to lease again when the lease expires any benefit here
4 replies
[OP]
Jul 20, 2003
849 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody here has any experience with Honda Lease Guard?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11590 posts
1812 upvotes
Mississauga
From their website:

Honda Lease-Guard includes:

Up to $7,500 of coverage when your vehicle is turned-in
Can be used any time prior to, or within 1 year of the original scheduled lease termination
Covers wear and tear charges up to $1,000 per single event
Lease-Guard can be cancelled with a full refund within 30 days of purchase
Coverage is available on all new Honda vehicles
Maximum 60-month term plan
Only available at time of vehicle lease inception

So it's basically an extra warranty type plan to protect against excessive damages wear-and-tear. You'll have to take into consideration the following:

- the cost of this program
- the fine print as to specifically what this does and does not cover
- how comfortable you are with spending this amount vs. the potential out-of-pocket cost of any possible repairs.
- overall how good a driver you are when it comes to things like bumps, scratches, curb encounters, etc.

It's a peace-of-mind thing that dealers prey upon. "For just the low monthly amount of $XXX, you can drive worry-free!" If you feel that you would benefit from it, then go ahead. If not, take a pass on it.
Mar 27, 2012
295 posts
123 upvotes
When I leased my BMW I got the excess wear and tear because people no longer have the courtesy in parking lots to NOT slam their doors and ding your car. I've already made up for the cost of it in the first year. My front bumper is scuffed from someone not knowing how to steer their shopping cart.

Also I don't have the time or the patience to get things fixed at an indy before lease-end, for me it was convenience and peace of mind.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2051 posts
488 upvotes
Whitehorse
Would that cover scratches from twigs? Rock chips?