• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2008 4:02 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
Jul 17, 2006
80 posts
22 upvotes
I have the 724 and the weakest person can pull start that. I'd imagine the 621 would be even easier.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
824 upvotes
Newmarket
All I'll say is the nice thing about elec start is if the motor isnt the type to start on the first pull every time, its easier to tinker with it if you arent using your energy trying to yank the damn pull cord. On a blustery morning when you need to get somewhere....Priceless.
4stroke motors as I understand it are hard to pull start to begin with.
Nov 1, 2005
447 posts
19 upvotes
I've got that snowblower and you don't need the electric start. It will start on the first pull everytime during the season, and by the second or third pull when starting at the beginning of the season.

Mine is about 7 yrs old and it's the best blower i've ever had. I used to have a 8hp tecumseh powered model and that one you had to have an electric start, cuz it was a POS
Sep 18, 2006
238 posts
8 upvotes
I have the 621 with electric start - wish I did not get electric start to save some $$$
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3284 posts
70 upvotes
My dad has honda snowblower (older model) and it still starts first or second pull, and it's a really light pull...
I would think you are safe without the electric start, unless you have a bad back or something
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
jackrabbit000 wrote: I'm looking at buying a Honda S621 21" snowthrower with electric start. Does anyone know if I really need to get the electric start model with a Honda, it's $200 more than the recoil start model. The reason I'm asking is that we currently have a Toro CCR2000 with electric start and if it sits inside our non heated garage for a few days at -20 there is no way it will start by trying to pull start it. The only way it will start if you plug it in and use the electric start.
I personally own the HS624 model since 1999 and beleive me when I tell you to keep your money in your pocket!!! Your Honda machine should start even with a 1/2 pull on the cord, atleast mine does and I've only changed the sparkplug once so far!!!!! When I went to buy mine, I too wanted the electric start, but the owner of Cycle World where I bought it told me that the electric start is for old folkes who can't pull hard enough. he was absolutely correct.

Enjoy your machine as you will not be disappointed!!!!

sk

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)