Tags:
None
[OP]
May 22, 2011
102 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

"Honest" Honda Dealership within GTA?

So I'm about to trade in my 08 civic (not selling privately) for one of those new accords (Coupe of course :D )

My current vehicle was purchased new through Action Honda on Kingston Road by my brother who was the first owner (His first vehicle). The owner of the dealership was apparently a family friend so we received a "fair" deal when the car was purchased new. I remember a day or 2 before confirming everything we had met with the owner (my brother, mother and myself to watch) to discuss what was included. He had stated 2 year free oil changes with them and he had written it down (not on any contract or some sort, just on a paper) with everything else we knew that we were getting. So of course we thought it was a family friend we could trust him. So I went with my brother on the 1st oil change and when the service was done received full bill. My brother had informed the service rep that we were supposed to get a free oil change as part of the "agreement" we had. We went to speak with the salesperson who sold us the car and informed him what was supposed to be given. The salesperson was not present when we spoke with the owner of the dealership the day or 2 before purchase so he couldn't confirm it so he couldn't do "anything". So we went to visit the owner and he brushed us off like nothing saying he never agreed to these terms (it was probably 5-6 months since the car was purchased). So after that my brother just payed for it because he had to drop me at school and he could not bother arguing. We told our mother (she knew him since immigrating to Canada over 30 years ago) and she called him personally to inquire but my mother told me that over the phone he flat out lied and said he never agreed on any of this. :facepalm: I find it hurtful that even my mother remembered him saying that he would give us this service and he lied about it.

I know the majority of people on this board don't even bother with dealerships and oil changes are quite simple and not expensive, but the car was purchased in "good-faith" and something small as this can prevent future business with a dealership. :facepalm:

Ive been reading reviews online and so far it shows that Sisley Honda is a crap-chute, Roadsport Honda is hit and miss and Parkway Honda and Formula Honda are worth looking into. Pretty sure theres some other ones just not to sure where. Im just going in with the mindset of pure negotiation and everything written on the final terms of sale. Don't want to go through what my brother did.

Anyone have feedback on some of those dealerships?
52 replies
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes
Curious - can you give me some info on your 2008 civic and how much you're looking to get for it by trading it in. I am in the market and you can help out a fellow rfd member and still get the same price as you would from honda?
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3132 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal
Guys, never never trust a salesman unless you are one yourself.

Ask your reliable friends around because someone is bound to have a Honda.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5243 posts
759 upvotes
Scarbs
Accord Coupe
Dayum son, that car is just sexy as hell.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
I was going to mention that I've had good service (from the Service department) at Georgetown Honda, but then I read this....so forget about that suggestion.
I had a horrible buying experience from Meadowvale Honda, so I can't recommend that either.
I got my Civic from a friend of a friend at Bolton Honda and that was an excellent experience in my case, but that may not be their norm.

Clarington Honda has good reviews at http://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer/Clarin ... iew-32166/ and it's not too far from you.

Parkway Honda is also on that site at http://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer/Parkwa ... iew-33914/ and they seem to care about their reputation.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
I have had a good experience at Ideal Honda, Dixie and 401. I did not buy the car but I liked how they did not pressure me into a sale and gave me all the information I was looking for. Might be worth checking them out.
Apr 23, 2006
188 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
I've bought 2 cars from Formula Honda, both great experiences
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1294 posts
211 upvotes
I would go to Ready Honda any given day . Had a wonderful experience . Look for Nick ( Sales Manager )
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
newlyborn wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:42 pm
I would go to Ready Honda any given day . Had a wonderful experience . Look for Nick ( Sales Manager )
My friend had a horrible experience with them in regards to warranty. Engine broke basically and they refused to fix it because he had HIDs, it had nothing to do with the issue. He took it to Lakeshore Honda and they did an engine replacement under warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7294 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
Pickering Honda.

Go see Jose Paul (I believe that was his name). The best salesman I've had.
Oct 7, 2010
42 posts
3 upvotes
Don't ever go to Family Honda. I made the mistake of going there with my wife and kid. Went to look at a used Odyssey, liked it so went in to see if the price can be somewhere where I wanted it to be, we were dealing with the used car manager. Asked him what was his last price, he kept on insisting, that I tell him my price so I took approx 10% off from the listed price of approx. 24,000 and told him. He said, that is too low so I told him so I asked him again what is his price, he still kept on saying that I give him a price so I told him I gave him my price. He just got up and said if that is your f***ing price, then I don't think we can make a deal and walked away to another waiting customer.
[OP]
May 22, 2011
102 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
kamilio wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:32 am
Curious - can you give me some info on your 2008 civic and how much you're looking to get for it by trading it in. I am in the market and you can help out a fellow rfd member and still get the same price as you would from honda?
Haven't gotten a quote yet but its an automatic LX sedan with sunroof with that sexy white (best colour hands down) at like 89k... I got the car in may 2010 and it had 65k on it from my bro so I'm a pretty light driver compared to him. This models is the year before the redesign where they changed the front bumper and added that chrome strip in the back so mine is all nice and round :razz:

Thanks for all the suggestions Ill be looking into it shortly :)
Banned
Nov 12, 2008
807 posts
19 upvotes
Menthos12 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 2:18 am
Haven't gotten a quote yet but its an automatic LX sedan with sunroof with that sexy white (best colour hands down) at like 89k... I got the car in may 2010 and it had 65k on it from my bro so I'm a pretty light driver compared to him. This models is the year before the redesign where they changed the front bumper and added that chrome strip in the back so mine is all nice and round :razz:

Thanks for all the suggestions Ill be looking into it shortly :)
Manual or automatic? Feel free to get a quote from them and message me after.
× < >