• Jun 27th, 2014 9:27 am
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2007
260 posts
32 upvotes
hyundainothonda wrote:
Jan 1st, 2014 6:07 pm
Had a terrible experience at a Honda dealer recently (Without mentioning names of the dealership, if anyone has similar experiences please reply).

Like any other consumer today, I did my homework or "research", read all the reviews attached to the dealership. (They have 100+, 5 star reviews from this web site called "Dealer Rater"... What a joke)

I purchased the car originally from this dealer, and the sales person was great at the time, so I bring my car periodically for services and catch up with my sales guy. (Oil changes and other small jobs since my car is relatively new)

I recently went to U.S for shopping, and I had to get brand new brakes (Brand new Honda ROTORS and PADS) from a U.S Honda Dealer. (With my receipt still in my glove box)

Within 2 weeks of getting brand new brakes, I went to the local Honda dealer for a simple oil change. (Since I put on some mileage going across the border)

About hour into my service, the service adviser called me over and told me I need to replace all the brakes (Rotors and Pads) again for my car, due to wear and tear..... LLLLLOOOOLLLLL

Without embarrassing the poor guy, I simply said "No, Thank you". (I didn't have the heart to tell him, he probably didn't even take off my wheels to notice the brand new brake parts I got from another Honda dealership.... I even had my receipt with me....)

I don't know if this dealer just want to sell me something I don't need? (Every time I go in for a small repair, they have always recommended brake jobs on my car... it seems they only do brake repairs, and nothing else)

So to sum it up, I would never go back to a place where they try to rip me off every time, does anyone else have a similar story?
1st post, no dealer name, and a sketchy username...
Also your story is sketch. How can an oil change take 1 hour? It's 0.5hr max. Unless of course you took the maintenance package which includes an oil change, brake and tire inspection, battery test, and rental for the price of a regular oil change (normal deal).
What other 'small jobs' are you taking the car in for since your car is 'relatively' new. I think your story is 'relatively' BS.
If your car is relatively new, and you needed rotors and pads, my guess is your car is about 3 years old or more. That's not relatively new by any means.

Certified Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
kaval@makeitshine.ca best way to reach me
Apr 26, 2013
927 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
kvilkhu wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 12:08 pm
Also your story is sketch. How can an oil change take 1 hour? It's 0.5hr max. Unless of course you took the maintenance package which includes an oil change, brake and tire inspection, battery test, and rental for the price of a regular oil change (normal deal).
What other 'small jobs' are you taking the car in for since your car is 'relatively' new. I think your story is 'relatively' BS.
If your car is relatively new, and you needed rotors and pads, my guess is your car is about 3 years old or more. That's not relatively new by any means.

+1
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4572 posts
243 upvotes
kvilkhu wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 12:08 pm

I find dealerships notoriously slow to do work, even with an appointment. They usually overbook, especially on Satrudays

One time I was at Hyundai for almost 3 hours for an oil change (they didn't even move it into the back for about 2.5 hours, they just massively overbooked)
Jan 11, 2008
143 posts
26 upvotes
Halton Honda was decent when buying a used Civic (they agreed to make it a CPO civic to give the low interest rate and bit of warranty).
Dec 31, 2013
2 posts
Thank you for all your interesting replies....

My story was a reply to Matrix's post.

The point of the story everyone seems to MISS is that "Dealer Rater" had 100 plus 5 star ratings for this particular dealership.... But experience in person suggest otherwise.

Other opinions on the topic of "Dealer Rater" reviews would be appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
4799 posts
229 upvotes
Honest and car dealership don't go in the same sentence.
Jan 24, 2008
256 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
matrix2013 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 3:05 pm
In my experience:

TOP 3 HONDA DEALERS IN TORONTO

1. FORMULA HONDA
2. NUMBER 7 HONDA
3. TORONTO OR ROADSPORT HONDA

BOTTOM 3

1. MARKHAM HONDA
2. PARKWAY HONDA
3. ACTION OR LAKESHORE HONDA
Any better Honda Dealers (and contact names in used cars sales) in Toronto area? Thanks.
Jul 20, 2003
778 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Ziggy007 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 1:15 pm
I find dealerships notoriously slow to do work, even with an appointment. They usually overbook, especially on Satrudays

One time I was at Hyundai for almost 3 hours for an oil change (they didn't even move it into the back for about 2.5 hours, they just massively overbooked)
Same here, every time i take my car to a honda dealership to get a oil change only takes over an hour.
× < >