Site Comments & Suggestions

Honest question: does RFD consult at all with their advertisers so ads are actually decent deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 12:46 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2496 posts
467 upvotes

Honest question: does RFD consult at all with their advertisers so ads are actually decent deals?

That CanNet Internet "sticky / locked" post on Hot Deals, doesn't actually seem like a very competitve price: 150 meg per month for the same price as unlimited widely advertised on major infrastructure providers (brands of Rogers, Bell, Telus).

On RFD, doesn't such an ad risk the advertisers reputation? RFDers are really TOUGH customers... bring a really good deal or it won't go well.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
6 replies
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
lorax1284 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 6:32 pm
That CanNet Internet "sticky / locked" post on Hot Deals, doesn't actually seem like a very competitve price: 150 meg per month for the same price as unlimited widely advertised on major infrastructure providers (brands of Rogers, Bell, Telus).

On RFD, doesn't such an ad risk the advertisers reputation? RFDers are really TOUGH customers... bring a really good deal or it won't go well.
Where can I get Rogers for $49.99 a mth for 150Mbps unltd no contract?

When I left they couldn't offer anything close
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2496 posts
467 upvotes
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 1:15 pm
Where can I get Rogers for $49.99 a mth for 150Mbps unltd no contract?

When I left they couldn't offer anything close
Virgin Mobile for one is offering $50 unlimited. I think Koodo and Fido offer similar deals. (They are the "brands of Rogers / Bell / Telus": not MVNOs operating on their networks, but just different brands of the big three).
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19073 posts
2658 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The ads pay for the expenses running RFD. I have no problems with it. It is up to the reader to decide whether it is a good deal or not. No different than people posting the availability of Switch or Xbox One X in Hot Deals when they are at regular prices.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5285 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
sandikosh wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 4:41 pm
The ads pay for the expenses running RFD. I have no problems with it. It is up to the reader to decide whether it is a good deal or not. No different than people posting the availability of Switch or Xbox One X in Hot Deals when they are at regular prices.
I think Lorax's issue was they locked the thread from open discussion among the members.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8488 posts
12857 upvotes
Scarborough
We do vet the sponsored sticky ads in the forums but to pass they don't need to be a great deal. If a company wants to advertise an offer which isn't likely going to be popular that's up to them. We check for things like reputability of the company, availability of the product(s) and things like that.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
lorax1284 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 2:58 pm
Virgin Mobile for one is offering $50 unlimited. I think Koodo and Fido offer similar deals. (They are the "brands of Rogers / Bell / Telus": not MVNOs operating on their networks, but just different brands of the big three).
But they're offering one third the speed (50Mbps only)

I'm paying $39.99 for 100Mbps unltd