• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2019 4:21 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49357 posts
14614 upvotes

Honey Chrome Extension - Automatically find and apply coupon code

I already signed away my privacy away when I joined Airmiles, Optimum Program and Pepboys so...

product page:
https://www.joinhoney.com/

chrome extension page:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bbkooimhnj

Automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
Stop searching for coupon codes and sales.

Click on the Honey button during checkout and Honey will automatically apply coupon codes to your shopping cart.

Click on the Honey button on a supported online store and instantly see all the coupons and sales available for the store.

Help us keep Honey working on all your favorite stores. If you have any trouble email us at info@joinhoney.com

We currently support shopping sites in the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and India as well as sites that serve global customers.
29 replies
Nov 12, 2016
215 posts
151 upvotes
I used this a number of years ago and it never found anything. Has it improved in the past few years?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49357 posts
14614 upvotes
I was surprised to see 30k positive reviews. I don't see as many for many other productivity apps.

Will have to check later tonight but I'm supposing it's mostly for US deals but it does mention Canada.
Mar 17, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Montr
It worked to book my hotel room, price got down from 104 to 95 a day.

It is worth it to just install it and forget it.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1060 posts
624 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Rewards are amazon.com gift cards. I dont find mention of canadian gift cards.
Mar 22, 2013
671 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
I actually found a $5USD off coupon when I was purchasing an item worth around $65 or so from the US. It's the only time it's come through, but I haven't used it much, as with RFD you kinda always know what coupons to apply.

I saw it's well worth it, doesn't take much effort.
Dec 13, 2012
692 posts
278 upvotes
TORONTO
I've had this installed for over a year now and it's quite useful to have in the toolbar. It doesn't have coupons for every site, though I've seen enough that it's handy to keep around (just skips the manual step of searching for coupons online)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3751 posts
2614 upvotes
Markham
The question is does this interfere with CB? I suspect yes as they seem to offer own CB of sorts.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49357 posts
14614 upvotes
No love for Safari? :)

Too bad the referral program only gives the referrer the $5 and not the referee or maybe it's good in a way so this thread will not be full of people PM'ing each member who posts sharing their referral code. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1184 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
X24Secret wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 10:12 am
The question is does this interfere with CB? I suspect yes as they seem to offer own CB of sorts.
It does not work with G-C-R
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1377 posts
264 upvotes
Coffeebot wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 9:45 am
I used this a number of years ago and it never found anything. Has it improved in the past few years?
Same here, seemed really US-focused at the time. Granted, I used it when it was basically brand new so maybe it's improved since then. Might give it another go.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49357 posts
14614 upvotes
I ordered $120+ worth of auto tools at sears.com early this morning.

So I try to replicate the order and of course, it couldn't put in the special one-time coupon code provided by sears (the only code I can make use of and was only $5 off) and my SYW offer decreased from $20 this morning to $16 but that isn't honey's problem.

It will try as many generic codes as possible so it's kinda helpful in a way but we may have to enter special coupon codes to make the deal sweeter.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3743 posts
692 upvotes
Had it installed for a few months
It hasn't successfully applied a code for me yet
but it tries, so i can't fault it for that
Ebay - 215 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 59 - 0 - 0

I sell clothes for cheap
Jul 24, 2014
71 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Just tried it for Old Navy and it found a 25% off coupon. I already had a 30% off coupon from my email subscription but that would have been handy if I didn't have that. I like that it tries to stack them if possible.
Jan 24, 2017
68 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
ahsatan1218 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:10 am
Just tried it for Old Navy and it found a 25% off coupon. I already had a 30% off coupon from my email subscription but that would have been handy if I didn't have that. I like that it tries to stack them if possible.
The 25% off code on the homepage? haha Old Navy always always always has a coupon code. It didn't really "find" anything.