Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Honeywell 5-2 Programmable Thermostat $26.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2014 4:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: Honeywell 5-2 Programmable Thermostat $26.99

Costco is selling this 5-2 programmable thermostat by Honeywell for cheap.

Is a very poplar model and use in many new homes. I had been searching for a cheap programmable thermostat to replace some of my old analog thermostat. This unit is the lowest I have seen that's made by Honeywell.

http://www.costco.ca/Honeywell%C2%AE-5- ... 26762.html

Price $26.99.
21 replies
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a bad deal for a programmable thermostat. This model goes for $39 at Home Depot so $26 with Costco's great return policy not bad at all.
Oct 10, 2006
202 posts
29 upvotes
The only problem..not hardwired into the house so batteries die about every month or 2
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Really? It must be the backlight. I have a non-backlit Honeywell 5+2 programmable thermostat, and I only change the batteries every 2 years, whether they need it or not.
May 29, 2005
766 posts
302 upvotes
Nepean
don't know what batteries you are using but my Honeywell thermostat (similar one) lasts over two years on a couple of eneloops.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2211 posts
2139 upvotes
Winnipeg
beer_baron3 wrote: The only problem..not hardwired into the house so batteries die about every month or 2
I have used this thermostat for a long time, and batteries last at least two years or more.
Jan 8, 2007
587 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton
Are these in store or just online?
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Oct 31, 2009
370 posts
76 upvotes
what kind of thermostat is this? can this be wire to a 240volt heating unit? I check the spec sheet on costco site, it doesn't say anythin about 240volt.

For what use is thie thermostat?
Sep 3, 2014
74 posts
140 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
fanfaron wrote: what kind of thermostat is this? can this be wire to a 240volt heating unit? I check the spec sheet on costco site, it doesn't say anythin about 240volt.

For what use is thie thermostat?
Cant use it for 120/240. it says on the site
Oct 31, 2009
370 posts
76 upvotes
then what does this thermostat control? for central heating/ac stuff?
Banned
Sep 10, 2014
694 posts
145 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: Really? It must be the backlight. I have a non-backlit Honeywell 5+2 programmable thermostat, and I only change the batteries every 2 years, whether they need it or not.
jamzbe wrote: don't know what batteries you are using but my Honeywell thermostat (similar one) lasts over two years on a couple of eneloops.
window shopper wrote: I have used this thermostat for a long time, and batteries last at least two years or more.

I haven't had mine as long as you's I believe I installed it the beginning of summer. Although not this exact model, a similar Honeywell model with the back light. So far the batteries don't show any sign of weakness, so maybe the other guy uses dollar store cells.
Banned
Sep 10, 2014
694 posts
145 upvotes
fanfaron wrote: then what does this thermostat control? for central heating/ac stuff?
If you bothered to read the product details, it clearly states it is no good for electric baseboards, central heating/AC only
Oct 31, 2009
370 posts
76 upvotes
lovefreemoney wrote: If you bothered to read the product details, it clearly states it is no good for electric baseboards, central heating/AC only

my bad, thank you for the info.
Aug 25, 2006
836 posts
166 upvotes
window shopper wrote: I have used this thermostat for a long time, and batteries last at least two years or more.
I have this for about 6 years. I agree batteries on it last more than 2 years. Battery life is not a problem.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
Can you install this by yourself? I have an old one Id like to replace.
Sep 17, 2002
167 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
how hard is it to replace? I have radiant heating so is it compatible when it says yes to hot water?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
JohnB wrote: Can you install this by yourself? I have an old one Id like to replace.
Very easy. Just take out the old unit and re-plug the wires same way it was plugged in the old one. Voila!
Jun 6, 2006
171 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond
I wouldn't recommend this for hot water radiant heating. The response time for radiant is very slow - i.e. it takes 4-5 hours to heat up or cool down your slab.
You should just leave it on all the time, just at a lower setpoint than for a forced-air system.
Aug 25, 2006
836 posts
166 upvotes
This thing has some intelligent. For example, if you set your temp to be cooler in the afteroon to 18C and you want it to be 25C at 6pm, it will turn the furnace a bit earlier (5:30pm) (depending on the temperature differences and how long it takes to raise temperature in the house), so by 6pm it will be around 25C.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
Will check this out... I like this model as it has a combination of switches and digital... I currently have a honeywell model that is digital and I hate pushing buttons to turn on/off or heat/cool.. switches are much simpler.

Edit: maybe not.. this thing is kind of big...

Depth: 22.86 cm (9 in.)
Height: 16.76 cm (6.6 in.)
Length: 4.45 cm (1.75 in.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)