• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2018 4:44 am
[OP]
Nov 13, 2011
532 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Hong Kong Airlines Review

Anyone have experience traveling with Hong Kong Airlines? How is the service and your experience?
4 replies
Oct 14, 2017
39 posts
52 upvotes
Flew HK airlines a month ago. Took four flights in total as part of the trip. Two long haul and two short hauls.

The long haul planes were old, but it was fantastic. There were no in-flight entertainment units on the backs of seats. Instead, they gave out iPads to everyone. Seats were comfy with good legroom and the ability to recline more than any plane in recent memory.

The short haul flights were more modern with in flight entertainment and seats comparable to more modern aircraft.

Service on all flights was top notch, friendly and efficient. All four flights left right on schedule.

10/10 - would definitely fly again.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2239 posts
1105 upvotes
GTA
stally wrote:
May 15th, 2018 1:13 am
Flew HK airlines a month ago. Took four flights in total as part of the trip. Two long haul and two short hauls.

The long haul planes were old, but it was fantastic. There were no in-flight entertainment units on the backs of seats. Instead, they gave out iPads to everyone. Seats were comfy with good legroom and the ability to recline more than any plane in recent memory.

The short haul flights were more modern with in flight entertainment and seats comparable to more modern aircraft.

Service on all flights was top notch, friendly and efficient. All four flights left right on schedule.

10/10 - would definitely fly again.
Do you work for HK airlines? Tempted to book just for the free iPad.
Oct 14, 2017
39 posts
52 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 9:27 pm
Do you work for HK airlines? Tempted to book just for the free iPad.
Nope, I do not. The iPad is only for use while at cruising altitude - it's not to keep.
May 5, 2016
421 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
I usually stop at YVR for a day or so when I'm going to HK. I was thinking about flying with HK Air. But I'm not a fan of the A330, a little too dated TBH. Flew with Cathay Dragon in a A330 a few times into mainland and they're usually plagued with some sort of problem. Since YVR is one of their few long haul routes, I'd wait until they take more A350 deliveries. They're operating some at their LAX-HKG route. In the meantime, I'd rather stick with Cathay because they have one A350 flying to YVR everyday. I think the flight number was CX855. It was a really nice plane.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)