• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 6:34 pm
[OP]
Banned
Oct 23, 2016
76 posts
15 upvotes

Hong Kong Travel thread

I understand that Canadian pp holders can stay in HK for 90 days. Is it possible to hop over to Macau and then return for another 90 day stay?
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9342 posts
469 upvotes
Markham
Yes, unless there is suspicion you're trying to do this overstay in Hong Kong, they will give you an additional 90 days on re-entry.
:lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9067 posts
1710 upvotes
Somewhere
Hairball wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:15 pm
Yes, unless there is suspicion you're trying to do this overstay in Hong Kong, they will give you an additional 90 days on re-entry.
What if I have right to abode in the People's Republic of China - Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong?
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9342 posts
469 upvotes
Markham
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 9:04 am
What if I have right to abode in the People's Republic of China - Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong?
You can stay forever, just be sure to pledge allegiance to the party of the people when entering the country.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9067 posts
1710 upvotes
Somewhere
Hairball wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:48 am
You can stay forever, just be sure to pledge allegiance to the party of the people when entering the country.
That won't be a problem, I pledge allegiance and loyalty to the People's Republic of China every night before I go to bed.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19744 posts
8325 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 2:08 pm
That won't be a problem, I pledge allegiance and loyalty to the People's Republic of China every night before I go to bed.
hey m9, y u no postings in chariot forum anymore?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Temp. Banned
Nov 18, 2015
751 posts
166 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
crouchingbunny wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 12:48 am
Which is better , Hong Kong Disneyland or Ocean Park ?
I hated Disney Hong Kong,so crowded with mainlanders....but perhaps because I've also been to Disneyland,California, Disneyland Paris and DisneyWorld,Florida . Ocean Park was a better experience(but also crowded with mainlanders!) because of the Aquatic shows and Panda's,as well as the many rides. I haven't been to either for a good many years,so don't know what they're like now.......
Malakijoys points programs tips

Favourite credit cards I have-Amex Business Gold.Amex Business SPG
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9342 posts
469 upvotes
Markham
crouchingbunny wrote:
I think Hong Kong Disneyland is pretty good if you like Disney stuff. I've also been to the Disneyland in California, while it is a little bigger, the HK one is a bit nicer cause it's far newer. There's also a new Iron Man section this year!

At the end it depends what you like doing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9067 posts
1710 upvotes
Somewhere
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 2:10 pm
hey m9, y u no postings in chariot forum anymore?
been globe trottin'
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3940 posts
579 upvotes
crouchingbunny wrote:
Ocean Park by far. That said, depending on the season and day you go to Ocean Park, you can go on every single ride in a day. Back in September I waited at most 5 minutes for one ride.

It'd be easier if you posted all your questions in one post.
Nov 26, 2015
291 posts
100 upvotes
Montréal
Ocean Park by far... Disneyland is way too overcrowded and understaffed. The one in Florida is way better. You get some dolphins show, panda and exhibitions in Ocean Park too.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 23, 2016
76 posts
15 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 9:23 pm
Ocean Park by far. That said, depending on the season and day you go to Ocean Park, you can go on every single ride in a day. Back in September I waited at most 5 minutes for one ride.

It'd be easier if you posted all your questions in one post.
Thanks for everyone's reply! Ocean Park for me!
I thought I would start a "Hong Kong" thread,like there is a Japan thread,Vietnam thread,Thailand thread,Las Vegas thread etc so other's with any HK travel questions can look in just one thread. :)