None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2279 posts
622 upvotes

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Discussion Thread

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/ ... ease-date/
As you can see in the trailer, we’ve decided to push the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn to February 28, 2017. It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.
We realize that this decision may not please everyone. At the same time, we’re confident that the advantages of the additional development time afforded by the new date will become clear in the coming months, as we start to share more cool details and videos from Horizon Zero Dawn. We really, really appreciate your patience and continued support, and look forward to bringing you the best game we possibly can in February 2017.

Collector's Edition

Limited Edition
Last edited by Tibbs on Jun 6th, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
104 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5900 posts
1652 upvotes
Reminds me of Snow's GF from Game of Thrones.

Delayed for "neo-enhancements".
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4947 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
Delayed first ever RPG from a developer only known for making mediocre FPS games? Where can I preorder?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan
Looks great, but collectors edition for an unproven game is just too risky.

But people will buy it, then complain when the game doesn't meet their expectations, or defend it because they put so much money into it. Such is the gaming industry.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2279 posts
622 upvotes
I hate how the art book looks like the size of the Skyrim guide. then it'll say 40-page. same thing with the NMS art book.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4688 posts
592 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 12:28 pm
Looks great, but collectors edition for an unproven game is just too risky.

But people will buy it, then complain when the game doesn't meet their expectations, or defend it because they put so much money into it. Such is the gaming industry.
Thats mainly the community and I'll never understand it. It's freaking video games we are talking about.

The game looks cool as hell, if it plays like crap trade it in and move in, skip the sequal.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
273 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 12:18 pm
Delayed first ever RPG from a developer only known for making mediocre FPS games? Where can I preorder?
Checked out the metacritic scores.

KZ 1 - 70
KZ 2 - 91
KZ 3 - 84
KZ SF - 73
KZ Mercenary - 78
KZ Liberation - 77
-----
Average rating of 79.

Not that bad actually. I wouldn't say they are a "medicore" developer at all. :lol:

I'm excited to see them try something different. I'd say CAUTIOUSLY optimistic lol. FPS games are so boring and derivative these days.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4688 posts
592 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 1:53 pm

KZ 1 - 70
KZ 2 - 91
KZ 3 - 84
KZ SF - 73
KZ Mercenary - 78
KZ Liberation - 77
-----
Average rating of 79.

Not that bad actually. I wouldn't say they are a "medicore" developer at all. :lol:

I'm excited to see them try something different. I'd say CAUTIOUSLY optimistic lol. FPS games are so boring and derivative these days.
http://www.pointandclickbait.com/wp-con ... ines-2.png
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1663 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
IMO, it's better to release a first party exclusive that's also a new IP in February rather than the holiday season.

I think it's fair for people to skeptical of this game and keep expectations in check. But this is also a chance for Guerrilla Games to reboot themselves in another direction. Naughty Dog, Rare, Ubisoft etc had plenty of average games before they discovered their hits.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5900 posts
1652 upvotes
I don't care what internet critics say, I found KZ multiplayer rewarding. People actually played the objectives much more so than most FPS I play where everyone drops in to CF or Base Claim matches and play it like TDM for easier KDR padding.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4947 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 1:53 pm
I don't hold any faith in review scores and I'm talking about my actual hands on experience playing these games myself. Have you ever played a Killzone game? The only thing that carried those games was the graphics. The story and gameplay are completely forgettable throughout the entire series.
Sep 12, 2012
663 posts
476 upvotes
KZ2 mulitplayer is the best multiplayer experience I have ever had. Put 25+ days into it. Wish they sicked to that formula instead the CoD which they tried to do in KZ3. Shadowfall was pretty fun but got stale quickly
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4688 posts
592 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 6th, 2016 3:32 pm
I don't hold any faith in review scores and I'm talking about my actual hands on experience playing these games myself. Have you ever played a Killzone game? The only thing that carried those games was the graphics. The story and gameplay are completely forgettable throughout the entire series.
Killzone screamed generic space shooter from a mile away, this not so much.