None
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
Said212 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 10:40 pm
Far Cry 4 was the first Far Cry I played and I loved it. It's got some RPG elements but remains an adventure game rather than a Witcher 3 or Dragon Age (they're too much RPG for me personally) so I guess since I like the genre of 'open world' like Shadow of Mordor or Assassin's Creed, this game is up my Aloy.
Absolutely hated Far Cry.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1625 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
Played a little less than 2 hours of the game so far. My thoughts:

The game starts off slow. I could tell this will turn people off.

I'm playing on the standard PS4 and the graphics and environments are impressive.

The combat is smooth, I found it better than ROTTR.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1610 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
Posting without reading to avoid spoilers.
After about three hours into the game... I love it. I love the characters, the story, the set pieces. The game was made for me. However, I can see how it could turn other people off.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
Game is fantastic so far, loving the world design especially. The art direction and graphics are outrageously good, I can't believe how well the game flows. Guerilla has really solidified themselves as a top notch dev, I hope they become the next Naughty Dog.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
1979 posts
519 upvotes
The game starts off really slow... not much has happened yet but I'm about to go get some fire arrows. It's good to hear that things pick up.

I can see what people are saying about the dialogue and interactions being really awkward.

The game aesthetic and lens flaring is very reminiscent of Killzone Shadowfall ... and that's not a bad thing.
Dec 1, 2011
196 posts
22 upvotes
I preordered from Amazon on the e3 deal 2 years ago and they haven't even charged my card yet
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
972 upvotes
Vaughan
Feel bad for this game.

It got about two days of coverage, and is now overshadowed completely by the Switch and Zelda.

It's a good game, overrated in certain aspects, but feels similar to Titanfall 2s launch.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
Andrew765 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 4:48 pm
The game starts off really slow... not much has happened yet but I'm about to go get some fire arrows. It's good to hear that things pick up.

I can see what people are saying about the dialogue and interactions being really awkward.

The game aesthetic and lens flaring is very reminiscent of Killzone Shadowfall ... and that's not a bad thing.
Yeah it's interesting, I was almost getting to the point of disinterest but the slow build finally ramps up a few hours in and the game gets really engaging from that point on. Agreed about some of the voice acting though, some of it is fantastic but other stuff is really hamfisted.

Anyways definitely a GOTY contender on the Sony side of things. The number and diversity of exclusives is really coming together this year.
Feb 9, 2014
928 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 10:26 pm
Feel bad for this game.

It got about two days of coverage, and is now overshadowed completely by the Switch and Zelda.

It's a good game, overrated in certain aspects, but feels similar to Titanfall 2s launch.
Your constant crapping on any thread that doesn't involve your beloved Nintendo is getting old, tiring, and childish to say the least. I'd expect more from an adult.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
I don't mind contrary opinions but yeah the thinly veiled passive aggressive stuff is getting into report territory with the frequency across threads. All consoles can have cool games, it's not a competition.

Anyways getting back on topic between this and Zelda I'm in open world heaven for awhile. This is more like an action adventure game and Zelda is bit more RPG-ish apparently. Just loading it up now, can't wait to play both to completion.

I really dig the combat in Horizon but the facial animations are super weird, its kind of taking me out of the story in some cutscenes.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1744 posts
390 upvotes
Unionville, ON
squadz wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 10:26 pm
Feel bad for this game.

WH0WHAT wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 4:49 pm
Your constant crapping on any thread that doesn't involve your beloved Nintendo is getting old, tiring, and childish to say the least. I'd expect more from an adult.
squadz is a troll. He's also active in the Entertainment forum because his butt buddy movie Batman Vs. Superman didn't do well so he craps all over MCU movie threads.

Feel bad for this idiot who's been temp banned and put in penalty box more than once by the mods. Report him to get him perma ban.

Anyway - HZD is an amazing game, even on standard PS4. I'm surprised at how well made this game is, hopefully it starts a new franchise. Kind of reminds me of Heavenly Sword on PS3, amazing game, great story, great voice acting, but a sequel didn't get made because the devs couldn't come together to make on. Hopefully that won't be the case with HZD, as the art direction and style of the two games are very similar!
Feb 9, 2014
928 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 3:49 pm
squadz is a troll. He's also active in the Entertainment forum because his butt buddy movie Batman Vs. Superman didn't do well so he craps all over MCU movie threads.

Feel bad for this idiot who's been temp banned and put in penalty box more than once by the mods. Report him to get him perma ban.

Anyway - HZD is an amazing game, even on standard PS4. I'm surprised at how well made this game is, hopefully it starts a new franchise. Kind of reminds me of Heavenly Sword on PS3, amazing game, great story, great voice acting, but a sequel didn't get made because the devs couldn't come together to make on. Hopefully that won't be the case with HZD, as the art direction and style of the two games are very similar!
Yeah it’s not surprising that he/she is tainting other sections of the forum, I guess some people just enjoy being negative all the time.

Speaking of Horizon, I haven’t picked it up yet but from what I’ve seen and heard it has lived up to its expectations. People seem to be greatly satisfied by it and I’m happy for Guerrilla Games. It’s definitely turning out to be a new franchise for Sony. Speaking of performance, I’m actually surprised Horizon runs so well on a standard PS4, but then again it isn’t so surprising considering how GG have always been technical wizards.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6945 posts
620 upvotes
Victoria
I managed to play the intro part the other day and had a few more hours to play today. I quite like it, it's right up my alley. I don't know if I've been playing too many pc games lately, but I did find it little jittery (30fps?). It kept me from getting into it the other day. Today I turned game mode off my tv, and it was brilliant. I guess game mode on TV's is sometimes overrated. I didn't notice any lag, and using my tv's processing powers did the game a lot of justice.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1625 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 8:56 pm
I don't mind contrary opinions but yeah the thinly veiled passive aggressive stuff is getting into report territory with the frequency across threads. All consoles can have cool games, it's not a competition.

Anyways getting back on topic between this and Zelda I'm in open world heaven for awhile. This is more like an action adventure game and Zelda is bit more RPG-ish apparently. Just loading it up now, can't wait to play both to completion.

I really dig the combat in Horizon but the facial animations are super weird, its kind of taking me out of the story in some cutscenes.
I picked up Horizon and Zelda too. I'll probably be busy with these two games until summer that I'm thinking of cancelling my Persona 5 pre-order.

I feel Horizon is technically better than Zelda in many aspects (narrative, combat, graphics), but Zelda has more oomph.
May 28, 2012
9247 posts
1693 upvotes
Saskatoon
WH0WHAT wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 4:12 pm
Yeah it’s not surprising that he/she is tainting other sections of the forum, I guess some people just enjoy being negative all the time.
He's banned, now hopefully this thread will get back on topic.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel