• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 6:47 pm
Tags:
None
May 30, 2011
350 posts
108 upvotes
Winnipeg
I didn't find it slow. I really like it. The combat is incredibly fun. The movements are smooth. I'm playing on a pro with a 4k TV, it's incredible.

One question for people playing. Did you purchase weapons from merchants or do you end up finding upgrades?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6809 posts
587 upvotes
Victoria
I bought some armor from a merchant. I'm not sure how, but my bow seemed to upgrade itself from a common bow to a rare bow after progressing a bit.

I played a few more hours today. This game is definitely my cup of tea. It feels like it's been a while since I had a single player 3rd person action/adventure/rpg that I liked. It really does seem to be off the radar though. I hope more people discover it so we get a sequel.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1669 posts
356 upvotes
Unionville, ON
zod wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 8:51 pm
I bought some armor from a merchant. I'm not sure how, but my bow seemed to upgrade itself from a common bow to a rare bow after progressing a bit.

I played a few more hours today. This game is definitely my cup of tea. It feels like it's been a while since I had a single player 3rd person action/adventure/rpg that I liked. It really does seem to be off the radar though. I hope more people discover it so we get a sequel.
It's so nice to finally play an original single player game - I feel like all we ever get now are games focused on online multiplayer this and online multiplayer that. This is why retro consoles are sought after (re: NES classic and emulators) - it harkens back to the days of multiplayer meant the other player was sitting next to you, for you to punch and kick if they beat you...hehe ;)

Anyone else think Karst, that first merchant you meet, looks a lot like Thoros of Myr from Game of Thrones? lol!

Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6809 posts
587 upvotes
Victoria
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 2:37 pm
It's so nice to finally play an original single player game - I feel like all we ever get now are games focused on online multiplayer this and online multiplayer that. This is why retro consoles are sought after (re: NES classic and emulators) - it harkens back to the days of multiplayer meant the other player was sitting next to you, for you to punch and kick if they beat you...hehe ;)
Definitely. It's also why I have a PlayStation instead of an xbox (or at least why I don't own both). At least on the PS they throw out the odd game like infamous, god of war, last of us, horizon zero dawn etc.... It may not be alot, but most of the best xbox exclusives are multiplayer fps games.... Microsoft hasn't really been putting out any exclusives like this. Just the non-exclusive ones like tomb raider/dragon age that you can play on any console/pc. I'll give kudos to Sony for at least putting out some games like this :)
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
1959 posts
509 upvotes
Man, this game is sooo much fun. It's completely pulled me away from LoZ Breath of the Wild. This is a much better game imho. The combat is thrilling, the visuals are stunning, and the story is enthralling (if not a little complex)... and your freakin bow doesn't break after 10 arrows!!!

One tip for players as I almost skipped this, but heard about it in a podcast ... if someone mentions a cauldron ... go check it out!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6809 posts
587 upvotes
Victoria
Yah I finally had some free time yesterday to play some more.... so much of the map I still haven't explored. I am buying more and more stuff from sellers though. Just bought my first legendary armour and weapons.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2262 posts
615 upvotes

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5321 posts
1064 upvotes
Pretty good sales numbers considering Horizon released early in the year and there have been so many good games and a new Nintendo console
to release at the start of 2017.

I am playing through Nier Automata, Zelda and Tales of Berseria before getting back into Horizon Zero Dawn.
Tibbs wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:10 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6809 posts
587 upvotes
Victoria
XFactor11 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:25 pm
Pretty good sales numbers considering Horizon released early in the year and there have been so many good games and a new Nintendo console
to release at the start of 2017.

I am playing through Nier Automata, Zelda and Tales of Berseria before getting back into Horizon Zero Dawn.
It's actually the first new game I've played in a while. I've felt the opposite. There hasn't been that many single player,action,adventure,rpg,3rd party viewpoint, north american style, games coming out. I was very much waiting for something like this to come out. I don't really play Nintendo, so this was right up my alley. I think alot of people are probably in the same boat. It doesn't surprise me at all that it's selling so well.

On your list Nier Automata looks interesting. Hopefully it goes on sale by the time I finish Horizon Zero Dawn.
May 9, 2007
603 posts
119 upvotes
Oh my WOW the amount of emotion being conveyed in the facial expressions of the characters makes Mass Effect Andromeda look like it was made by first year animation students!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1669 posts
356 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Bryson wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 3:10 am
Oh my WOW the amount of emotion being conveyed in the facial expressions of the characters makes Mass Effect Andromeda look like it was made by first year animation students!
Ugh, hate to hate ME:A right now but yeah, ME:A was made by inexperienced developers, their tier 3 level studio whereas ME1/2/3 was made by Bioware's Tier 1 studio in Edmonton. ME:A was primarily made in Montreal, with help from their Austin, TX and Edmonton studios.

We can thank Electronic Arts for once again rushing an incomplete product to market.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1013 posts
346 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm almost considering buying a PS4 pro just to play this game. Stupid console exclusives lol.
Spidey wrote:
Jan 7th, 2016 10:59 am
You're 26, and your mom still buys your toilet paper.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1013 posts
346 upvotes
Hamilton
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:26 pm
Ugh, hate to hate ME:A right now but yeah, ME:A was made by inexperienced developers, their tier 3 level studio whereas ME1/2/3 was made by Bioware's Tier 1 studio in Edmonton. ME:A was primarily made in Montreal, with help from their Austin, TX and Edmonton studios.

We can thank Electronic Arts for once again rushing an incomplete product to market.
And yet I see almost all my friends playing it so sales are obviously not suffering lol.
Spidey wrote:
Jan 7th, 2016 10:59 am
You're 26, and your mom still buys your toilet paper.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
2806 posts
405 upvotes
GTA
Feel bad for cancelling my e3 discounted pre-order of this, was expecting to like ME:A so I thought I could get this later.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel