None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7367 posts
739 upvotes
Victoria
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 8:48 am
So far I'm almost 50 hrs in and around 46% complete. Still lots to do but man, the minute you get into the desert area, the difficulty when engaging the robots is really ramped up!
I kind of advanced the main story to the point I was able to get the awesome armor, then immediately started doing all the b-story stuff for a long while. That armour is a little OP, but I like being OP (obviously it makes the game easier).

You can actually play the main story right up to the point where you get the purple spear and then play around with the b-stories and stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5492 posts
1216 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:32 pm
I kind of advanced the main story to the point I was able to get the awesome armor, then immediately started doing all the b-story stuff for a long while. That armour is a little OP, but I like being OP (obviously it makes the game easier).

You can actually play the main story right up to the point where you get the purple spear and then play around with the b-stories and stuff.
I heard that armour is crazy resilient. I got two power cells so far to unlock the blast doors but still need the three other ones to disengage the locks holding the armour in place.

Last thing I did was take out the two corrupted Rockbreakers and that took forever. High HP, burrowing, high damage attacks etc. I had to take the shoulder cannon off a Ravager to kill one and then got lucky when the second one got killed by a Longlegs and Behemoth tag team.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7367 posts
739 upvotes
Victoria
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:41 pm
I heard that armour is crazy resilient. I got two power cells so far to unlock the blast doors but still need the three other ones to disengage the locks holding the armour in place.

Last thing I did was take out the two corrupted Rockbreakers and that took forever. High HP, burrowing, high damage attacks etc. I had to take the shoulder cannon off a Ravager to kill one and then got lucky when the second one got killed by a Longlegs and Behemoth tag team.
The armor has a shield. Once you take enough damage it depleats, so you just run away until it recharges and go back at it. I think there was a mission on top of the snowy mountain where you had to take down this giant bird machine thing. I was struggling so hard, so I went back and followed other quests until I got the armour. It made it much easier :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5492 posts
1216 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:49 pm
The armor has a shield. Once you take enough damage it depleats, so you just run away until it recharges and go back at it. I think there was a mission on top of the snowy mountain where you had to take down this giant bird machine thing. I was struggling so hard, so I went back and followed other quests until I got the armour. It made it much easier :)
Ah kinda like the Shellwalkers' shield. I did that mission you're describing. I find the easiest way to take down a Stormbird is to tether it down with the ropecaster and shoot out it's weak spots.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5875 posts
743 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah just put Handling mods onto your Ropecaster so you can machine gun fire it and then tie it down. Tearblaster arrows are also great to get its initial components off. It does have a massive HP pool though. I climbed up there too by accident, long before you're supposed to. Took most of my resources to down it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6558 posts
740 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:41 pm

It is but its a game breaker.

I finished the game on hardest difficulty as my 1st play through and once i got the armor, after the games ending, I was basically godmode. You still have to dodge and play smart, but still, its not something I'd think of as amazing to have. Its an armor that can help you be lazier, essentially, and forego much of the stealth factor when attacking.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2040 posts
564 upvotes
Edmonton
I've learned so much in these last few posts ... lol. I totally forgot about those powercells, I might have to jump back in to get the armor.

Yah, I tethered the s*** out of that bird. Pretty much had it in one spot the entire fight. Used a lot of resources.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7367 posts
739 upvotes
Victoria
Buggy166 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 7:13 pm
It is but its a game breaker.

I finished the game on hardest difficulty as my 1st play through and once i got the armor, after the games ending, I was basically godmode. You still have to dodge and play smart, but still, its not something I'd think of as amazing to have. Its an armor that can help you be lazier, essentially, and forego much of the stealth factor when attacking.
yah.. once I got the armor and the purple spear I basically went hack n' slash for the last part of the game. I thoroughly enjoyed doing so though :)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3686 posts
310 upvotes
I actually use the stealth suit and spear more then the shield armor. I put the shield on when I figure might fall to my death or I know I can't hide in a battle.

Can some one explain how to change the difficulty settings in game? No matter what key I press I can not seem to change it while in game. Running a PS4. Go into the menu where it says difficulty. No matter what I hit it won't change. Driving me nuts.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5492 posts
1216 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 1:22 am
yah.. once I got the armor and the purple spear I basically went hack n' slash for the last part of the game. I thoroughly enjoyed doing so though :)
Wasn't aware there's another spear to be had!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3686 posts
310 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 2:24 pm
Wasn't aware there's another spear to be had!
It's part of the story mission.
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5492 posts
1216 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 2:41 pm
It's part of the story mission.
I'm having way too much fun exploring to tackle the main story right now. I'm debating hitting all the Tallnecks and Cauldron's before progressing.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3686 posts
310 upvotes
The cauldrons allow you to over ride everything. It's awesome and highly recommended.

North east of the map in the desert there is an area surrounded by snow in ciclred. Inside of it is two thunder jaws. To farm I rush in from the camp fire with fully upgraded silent armor. If you rush seems to work better then hide in bushes. Over ride the first thunder jaw and hit the second one with an arrow to draw it in. While they fight it out just hide. Shortly after knock both the launchers off the unfriendly thunder jaw. When it dies position the launchers for easy use together. Hit the launchers off your friendly thunder jaw and pick up the other launchers you positioned. With good hits you take it down. Uses roughly 4 arrows to kill two thunderjaws. Go back to camp fire quick save then load from last. Farm until your fingers go numb.

Having the full tree and max gear helps. Others do corrupt arrows but takes to long and uses lots of arrows.
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5175 posts
1633 upvotes
Toronto
Looking forward to playing this after finishing Killzone Shadowfall. That game wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be and sort of sold me on the hype behind this game. I imagine this is a much better game with the time Guerrilla had to put into this compared to Killzone which did seem a bit rushed and struggling for ideas towards the end.
Banned
Apr 16, 2017
22 posts
1 upvote
what armor and spear are you guys talking about? I have been plying for a while and my spear hasn't changed from the start of the game. i have reached to the point where aloy finally gets some informaition about elizabeth and talks to the one who had been whispering into her focus through a hologram