• Jan 23rd, 2012 11:01 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2079 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
A little common sense folks...In a labour intensive activity such as carpet cleaning how can someone legitimately expect someone is going to clean a whole house for $35? is the guy going to drive for free and transport cleaning equipment for one hour to get to your house...and then provide cleaning fluid and work for 4 hours for a total of 35 bucks?
Shopping 101 states that if a deal is too good to be true...it usually is.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that they can get their carpets cleaned for peanuts.
Group Buy's do not work on anything labour intensive...no one is going to work for 5 dollars/hr....it only works on merchandise that is proven to have a high markup...period.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2011 11:53 pm
A little common sense folks...In a labour intensive activity such as carpet cleaning how can someone legitimately expect someone is going to clean a whole house for $35? is the guy going to drive for free and transport cleaning equipment for one hour to get to your house...and then provide cleaning fluid and work for 4 hours for a total of 35 bucks?
Shopping 101 states that if a deal is too good to be true...it usually is.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that they can get their carpets cleaned for peanuts.
Group Buy's do not work on anything labour intensive...no one is going to work for 5 dollars/hr....it only works on merchandise that is proven to have a high markup...period.
lol You mean 17.50... everyone forget deal finds takes half! I'm sure they never saw a dime of that money... one or two complaints and dealfind delays paying the merchant. I bet most people won't even bother getting the refund... So for the bad service dealfind will pocket 15-29k....for what??? bandwidth??? 40% non redemption is nice when your the deal site
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9639 posts
3936 upvotes
Ottawa
emignott wrote:
Dec 19th, 2011 9:48 pm
you don't have to be a deal hunter to be posting on redflagsdeal .... you're one of those guys who believes everything he reads...lol...
Apparently you're one of them too seeing as you signed a ridiculous contract anyone with a pair of neurons would've run away from.

emignott wrote:
deal hunters are dense ...it sure shows...lol Pay the proper price and stop being so cheap...looking for top service and only willing to pay little or nothing
some businesses are badly run ..it sure shows...lol Learn to read contracts and stop being so gullible...looking to offer services to get paid little or nothing

I can't for the life of me see how a high pressure salesperson can convince a successful (and I use the term loosely in this context) businessperson to work 4 hours for $17.50. You don't have to be a mathematician to run those numbers in your head and in a matter of a few seconds figure out the proposition is absolutely ridiculous and unsustainable. Furthermore you claim they told you there is a non-redemption rate of 40%. Who cares if that's a lie or not, a 40% non redemption just means you're working for $31.50 instead of $17.50. How hard is this to understand that even with this 40% you're working for under minimum wage not including transportation costs?

Instead of blaming deal hunters have a long look at yourself in the mirror and stop blaming the world for your stupid decisions. I know personal accountability is not in vogue right now in the 21st century...but suck it up buttercup.

EDIT: I hope you also know you're not in the oil change business where people go see you 4 times/year. I don't remember nor do I care who cleaned my carpets last time...and next time I'll call a few places for a deal. There is very little to no loyalty in your business period.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Nov 28, 2003
343 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
When you signed up your company for this group deal, how many deals did you think you would sell (ie the number sold, not including non redemption)?

Were you expecting to at least break even or were you willing to take a loss and plan to make it up with repeat business.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
You don't sign up with break even in mind....you sign up to reach new customers...
Customers that will love your service and clean with you again. Really it's a great service.

It gets you to qualified leads that want your business

and yes you only get 50% of the total but as we all know there is going
to be some upselling which is 100% yours.

@CASS77 "I hope you also know you're not in the oil change business where people go see you 4 times/year. I don't remember nor do I care who cleaned my carpets last time...and next time I'll call a few places for a deal. There is very little to no loyalty in your business period." Buddy you know eventually your luck is going to run out....

I'm not from Ace Steam Cleaning..

but the point i'm trying to make is..... the impossible price sells

If you haven't been there and done it...like most of you consumers... selling 850 vouchers in 5 days is incredible, but being realistic, you would have to have
a very powerful group of people working with you.. to be able to answer the phone....give answers to the customers questions...reply to e-mails and set up appointments.

Group buy wag deal find jag people should qualify your business first to make sure you can handle it....before they run your ad
this would save a lot of headaches for everyone..... but they DON'T... because the consumers blame the merchant not the group buy people.

if you don't agree with the above statement post why?

you people sound angry....lol
Nov 28, 2003
343 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
emignott wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 9:00 pm
You don't sign up with break even in mind....you sign up to reach new customers...
Customers that will love your service and clean with you again. Really it's a great service.

It gets you to qualified leads that want your business
Are you keeping track of who bought the group deal vouchers to see if they come back in the future? I wonder how many will be repeat customers.

My feeling is that a good percentage of people who buy these group deals will simply look for another one of these deals next time they need such a service again.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
deals wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 9:14 pm
Are you keeping track of who bought the group deal vouchers to see if they come back in the future? I wonder how many will be repeat customers.

My feeling is that a good percentage of people who buy these group deals will simply look for another one of these deals next time they need such a service again.
you are totally right... but some will become good customers even if you just get a few out of hundreds.

You know the difference between bad and good service no matter what price you pay... not all services are created equal...

It's impossible to price shop when it comes to a service... but some do..

ie... mr/mrs customer... calls a service

Joe does an excellent job for $29 from deal find....regular price $300.... mark does a crappy job for $29.... bill horrible job for $29.... it gets to the point

where the customer bites the bullet and calls Joe for full price.

People will always look for a cheaper price...but quality of work will always bring them back to Joe.

@deals Of course any successful business has a database for it's customers.... with reports that can tell you their shoe size...lol
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1019 posts
99 upvotes
Maple
emignott wrote:
you don't have to be a deal hunter to be posting on redflagsdeal .... you're one of those guys who believes everything he reads...lol...

We are in a thread talking about Ace Steam Cleaning...and how you sheep bought 850 vouchers looking for a cheap deal

deal hunters are dense ...it sure shows...lol Pay the proper price and stop being so cheap...looking for top service and only willing to pay little or nothing

Next

The person who sounds the angriest (besides the OP and others complaining) is you! Other posters have stated they didn't even purchase the deal, why would they be angry? Also, you're calling deal hunters 'cheap', 'sheep', and 'dense', yet you held one of these deals, so you're calling your customers names essentially. So what if you offer good service, you have a crappy attitude. I hope your customers find these posts on here.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
lilnymphie wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 1:07 pm
The person who sounds the angriest (besides the OP and others complaining) is you! Other posters have stated they didn't even purchase the deal, why would they be angry? Also, you're calling deal hunters 'cheap', 'sheep', and 'dense', yet you held one of these deals, so you're calling your customers names essentially. So what if you offer good service, you have a crappy attitude. I hope your customers find these posts on here.
That was directed to that specific poster... I was just trying to prove a point.... I have posted about the good and bad... but I noticed you only chose this post. We can all talk when where are behind our keyboard and computer screen. I'm straight up....not hiding behind my anonymity of a screen name. What I speak is the truth.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. :( lol

you bought a voucher from ace didn't ya...lol
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1019 posts
99 upvotes
Maple
emignott wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 4:03 pm
That was directed to that specific poster... I was just trying to prove a point.... I have posted about the good and bad... but I noticed you only chose this post. We can all talk when where are behind our keyboard and computer screen. I'm straight up....not hiding behind my anonymity of a screen name. What I speak is the truth.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. :( lol

you bought a voucher from ace didn't ya...lol
Nope, I didn't buy any vouchers, and nope you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm merely pointing out that you are, through your posts, trying to mock and ridicule when you're really the one that's bitter. You repeatedly laugh and imply that you're above it all while implying that others are hurt, been taken advantage of, or plain stupid. So your 'truth' is that your customers are sheep and cheap? Nice. I'm glad I'm not your customer. Oops, sorry to point out the truth.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
lilnymphie wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 5:33 pm
Nope, I didn't buy any vouchers, and nope you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm merely pointing out that you are, through your posts, trying to mock and ridicule when you're really the one that's bitter. You repeatedly laugh and imply that you're above it all while implying that others are hurt, been taken advantage of, or plain stupid. So your 'truth' is that your customers are sheep and cheap? Nice. I'm glad I'm not your customer. Oops, sorry to point out the truth.
you still haven't answered my question from the final post... if you are going to make a point might as well make your point on the whole thing.

maybe I have to repeat the question just for you.

Group buy wag deal find jag people should qualify your business first to make sure you can handle it....before they run your ad
this would save a lot of headaches for everyone..... but they DON'T... because the consumers blame the merchant not the group buy people.

if you don't agree with the above statement post why?

I personally believe at this age in being brutally honest in everything I do...... people might not like you for it, but they will respect your opinion.

Just like American Idol.... Paula was always so positive with everyone...Randy was real... Simon was brutally honest... but getting the praise from Simon Cowell ment the world.

lilnymphie I'm sorry that you don't want to be my customer.....but the truth is you can't win everyone over. c'est la vive

btw answer the question if you can :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1019 posts
99 upvotes
Maple
Well I don't know why you feel the need to add "maybe I have to repeat the question just for you", but I suppose it's another instance of you trying to act superior. Firstly, the question was not directed at me; secondly, it wasn't your final post; thirdly, it's "C'est la VIE"; and fourthly, I believe a lot of customers DO blame the group merchant in addition to the end retailer. I don't think anyone would say the group merchants are entirely blameless, I think they are trying to say the end merchant is as well.

I think in a world of capitalism and consumerism, everyone is eager to make money and save money. You are on a forum of like minded people who are trying to save money. By calling people who buy group deals sheep and cheap, you belittle your customers, you belittle your own business tactic since you yourself ran such a deal. And I think as a business owner, calling their own customers names, and repeatedly saying you're just telling the truth when you demean them, is plain bad business sense. No wonder you have to resort to creating an account just to belittle people on a forum.
Nov 5, 2011
26 posts
lilnymphie wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 9:12 pm
Well I don't know why you feel the need to add "maybe I have to repeat the question just for you", but I suppose it's another instance of you trying to act superior. Firstly, the question was not directed at me; secondly, it wasn't your final post; thirdly, it's "C'est la VIE"; and fourthly, I believe a lot of customers DO blame the group merchant in addition to the end retailer. I don't think anyone would say the group merchants are entirely blameless, I think they are trying to say the end merchant is as well.

I think in a world of capitalism and consumerism, everyone is eager to make money and save money. You are on a forum of like minded people who are trying to save money. By calling people who buy group deals sheep and cheap, you belittle your customers, you belittle your own business tactic since you yourself ran such a deal. And I think as a business owner, calling their own customers names, and repeatedly saying you're just telling the truth when you demean them, is plain bad business sense. No wonder you have to resort to creating an account just to belittle people on a forum.
lilnymphie... This is forum chat... it's hard not to come off as arrogant and condescending. You , we or all of us need to do our homework before purchasing a group buy or it ends up like Ace Steam cleaning. I'm sorry I come off as an arse to you, but it's all in your personal interpretation.

the question was an open question to everyone.... you posted on the tread, you could have answered...

I only told a story of what happened to me.... I was met with the response that I was stupid for signing such a deal... and there was no sympathy for bad service.

If merchants don't sign up for these "stupid" deals how will you deal hunters get the benefit from them??

lilnymphie your dislike for me has clouded your view on the issue.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9639 posts
3936 upvotes
Ottawa
emignott wrote:

We are in a thread talking about Ace Steam Cleaning...and how you sheep bought 850 vouchers looking for a cheap deal

Next
emignott wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 9:38 pm
lilnymphie... This is forum chat... it's hard not to come off as arrogant and condescending.
Really? 496,464 people are doing a decent job of not being douches and breaking forum rules for the most part. So you're taking back the personal attack on the community as a whole?
emignott wrote:
You , we or all of us need to do our homework before purchasing a group buy or it ends up like Ace Steam cleaning. I'm sorry I come off as an arse to you, but it's all in your personal interpretation.
No no, don't discriminate...you come off as an arse to EVERYONE in this thread not just lilnymphie.
emignott wrote:
lilnymphie your dislike for me has clouded your view on the issue.
emognott your dislike of us deal hunters has clouded your view on us. Perhaps this relationship is not going to work out. I mean we have different opinions and views...it's not you it's us I swear. :facepalm: Perhaps this is not a good place for you. There are plenty of other online forums not catering to deal hunters, and some might even share your hate of those looking to save a few hard earned bucks.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain