Sep 30, 2001
26604 posts
5518 upvotes
Toronto
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2008 9:37 pm
-
Anyways, I proved my point
You've proved nothing other than how to be a forum troll.

-Yes capital is required for anyone wanting to buy into a premium Franchise. Buying into a Tim's is going to cost you more than buying into a no-name Taco joint.
-Yes you have to buy the equipment as laid out by the franchisor. It's called maintaining standards and QC. A Tim's bowl of chili should taste the same no matter where I go in Canada
-Yes locations are set by the franchisor. If you want to build where you like then setup your own coffee shop
-Working hard. Nope that NEVER happens at any other business (regardless of industry)
-Employee turn-over. A fact of the business when dealing with low wage staff.
-If Tim's is a risky adventure I shudder to think what you consider that no-name Taco chain to be. Blue Chip?
-Senority. Why shouldn't the company reward it's oldest and most profitable owners by giving them first pick? If anything it demonstrates that they know how to run a business and they know how to adhere to the brand.

You claim you make $100k, are quite brilliant, and have a refined culinary palette yet time and time again you just come off as a forum troll. And that's tonight's word.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9801 posts
338 upvotes
Brampton
I dunno about horror stories when it comes to owning a tim hortons, but I have heard of horror stories when it comes to working in one.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1335 posts
22 upvotes
Hey KKF, I think that Dave Chappelle summed it up nicely for ALL of us:

Silky Johnston: I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you.
Why is nobody on RFD accountable for their actions???
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
274 upvotes
jcoltage wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2008 11:58 pm
You still don't know what a franchise is ... hell even 8 year old know what a franchise is after watching the Pretzels Mobile epsiode of the Simpson's (ask your step son) he will enlighten you. You have no right to call people misinformed.

People lets not forget that K.K gets up daily puts on his safety vest/boots, construction helmet, and goes work at a construction site working 25 hours a week and making 100k. Cause clearly he is very business orientated - hell you complain when Gas companies make profit and claim that you can't invest. And the biggest thing is YOU live at Jane and Finch ... I don't remember any 100k Mansions around there.

And why should it be locked if we prove you wrong? BTW this is not bashing cause it is all Facts>

LOL...and I should give a big thank to kk!! :lol:
;)
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
154 upvotes
-
Anyways, I proved my point, and none of you have an iota idea of how franchises work, I see UncleSteve and Molala going back and forth to Google and coming back to make altered claims, before I created this thread they didn't have a clue how a franchise worked, now they think they are "experts".

Mods, lock the thread.
I am really baffeled as to how you think you proved your point.

Sure, large comapnies have closed down individual locations from time to time. That doesn't mean that the company failed, it is just a normal part of running a large company. You wont always win, and some locaitons will always preform better than others. McDonalds is still doing alright.

Large companies have also failed completely, that is also true, but what does that have to do with this post? Maybe you are saying that no matter how big the name, you can still fail, and that is 100% true, but we all knew that already.

Tacco Del Mar and Payless shoes allowing you more control over location doesn't really matter here. They are much different companies than Tim Hortons. Tim's control of how many locations are set up and where they are set up is part of what makes their franchises so valuable. If you allow anyone to set up under your name wherever they please, a company as popular as Tim Hortons will start canibilizing itself. It would be much worse to own a Tim Horton's franchise if you have a good location one day, and then Tim's lets another guy set up another location right next door.

If you want to benifit from the tim horton's name, which has been built up over decades, your going to have to work for it. They arn't giving this **** out for free.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
Yet another KK failure. Yikes...
May 29, 2008
140 posts
chindia
ima start up my own franchises.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1376 posts
1 upvote
Burlington, ON
-
Anyways, I proved my point, and none of you have an iota idea of how franchises work, I see UncleSteve and Molala going back and forth to Google and coming back to make altered claims, before I created this thread they didn't have a clue how a franchise worked, now they think they are "experts".

Mods, lock the thread.
I'm the one going back and forth to Google to make claims? You're the brilliant one who got his information about franchises from the Intraweb, not me, kiddo. I worked for over 14 years in the Finance Department of one of this country's largest franchise companies, followed by another 2 years working for Canada's 3rd largest restaurant company, in terms of sales volume, with sales approaching $ 2 billion. I've worked along side real estate, marketing, product development, finance, IT, accounting and other professionals. I've worked on budgets for franchised companies. I've been part of a due-dillegence team when our company acquired a franchise company in the USA. I know how the industry works. I've worked in it, unlike you.

The mods don't need to lock this thread, they need to give you a perma-ban.
"Happiness is a good martini, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman, or a bad woman, depending on how much happiness you can stand" - George Burns
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2810 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
chrza wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 3:05 am
Yet another KK failure. Yikes...
an epic fail
if the original sealed package has been opened in any way or form, it is NO LONGER BRAND NEW IN BOX!
if an item has been USED no matter how little, it is NOT new at all!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
274 upvotes
UncleSteve wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 9:25 am
I'm the one going back and forth to Google to make claims? You're the brilliant one who got his information about franchises from the Intraweb, not me, kiddo. I worked for over 14 years in the Finance Department of one of this country's largest franchise companies, followed by another 2 years working for Canada's 3rd largest restaurant company, in terms of sales volume, with sales approaching $ 2 billion. I've worked along side real estate, marketing, product development, finance, IT, accounting and other professionals. I've worked on budgets for franchised companies. I've been part of a due-dillegence team when our company acquired a franchise company in the USA. I know how the industry works. I've worked in it, unlike you.

you could only interpret him if you thinks Red Lobster is a 4 star restaurant
;)
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11907 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
UncleSteve wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 9:25 am

I'd like to see K_K come back to this.
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
but but but....you guys keep getting riled up everytime KK says something dumb....don't respond and he will seek his thrills elsewhere, simple concept actually.

:rolleyes:
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16372 posts
1812 upvotes
Langley
Taco Del Mar doesn't have many locations. Since all franchises have radius restrictions, it makes sense that smaller companies have fewer restrictions. Seriously, would you open a franchise knowing that anyone else could open the wherever they wanted, a block away for example?

Even if a franchisee makes 3%, that can still be a ****** of money.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1335 posts
22 upvotes
3weddings wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 12:50 pm
but but but....you guys keep getting riled up everytime KK says something dumb....don't respond and he will seek his thrills elsewhere, simple concept actually.

:rolleyes:

Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Why is nobody on RFD accountable for their actions???