Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo

Horseshoe valley any good? first time going

Im a expert skier just curious is horse shoe valley and different then say blue mountain or glen eden currently they have a special monday to thursday for 25.00 half off of $49.99

Gonna go tomorrow anyone wanna go im coming from cambridge going thru places along the way
12 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
sassysue wrote: Im a expert skier just curious is horse shoe valley and different then say blue mountain or glen eden currently they have a special monday to thursday for 25.00 half off of $49.99

Gonna go tomorrow anyone wanna go im coming from cambridge going thru places along the way

If your an expert skier I am afraid you wont like Horeshoe Valley. Very short runs. Blue Mountain would be a better option for you.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1375 posts
283 upvotes
Mississauga
depends on your ability..

Glen Eden & Horseshoe's vertical feels like an on/off ramp of a highway :lol:

since you r an expert it's better off to make the drive to Blue. 12cm of new snow last night :)
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
Agreed. For expert skiers better to go to Blue Mountain than Horseshoe.
Aug 13, 2004
453 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
i concur....go to blue instead.
although if your an expert you'll be disappointed anywhere in ontario.

cheers
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
160 upvotes
I'm about an "expert" snowborder(been riding out in BC and Wyoming a fair bit), and I actually have a soft spot for Horseshoe. It's small for sure, but I find it often less crowded than Blue, and it has runs that are more interesting. Not all just a straight run down the hill. It is certainly a step up from Glen Eden(though I also am a fan of Glen Eden as well as I think it is the best resort close to Toronto, mostly because all of them suck, but Glen Eden has the most reasonable prices for the quality of the Hill).

Blue is such a madhouse, and the 60-70 bucks it costs for a day there is just insane for what you are getting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
seasons passes at glen eden right now $126.00 plus 15% off plus u get free access too another hill up by toronto! 2 ski clubs for price of 1!

Season passes for next year go on sale March 7 to April 4. The website should be updated within the next few days. The prices are 15% off this season's early bird rates. They are as follows:

All Access Pass
Adult - $322
Youth - $262
Senior - $262
5 and under - $58

All Access Family Pass (minimum of 3 members)
First Member - $364
Additional Members - $169

5x7 Value Pass - Valid Mon - Fri (8:30am to 9:30pm), and Sat - Sun (4:30pm to 9:30pm)
All Ages - $126

Super Value Season Pass - Valid Mon-Wed (4:30pm to 9:30pm)
All Ages - $84

These prices do not include HST.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
BornRuff wrote: I'm about an "expert" snowborder(been riding out in BC and Wyoming a fair bit), and I actually have a soft spot for Horseshoe. It's small for sure, but I find it often less crowded than Blue, and it has runs that are more interesting. Not all just a straight run down the hill. It is certainly a step up from Glen Eden(though I also am a fan of Glen Eden as well as I think it is the best resort close to Toronto, mostly because all of them suck, but Glen Eden has the most reasonable prices for the quality of the Hill).

Blue is such a madhouse, and the 60-70 bucks it costs for a day there is just insane for what you are getting.

Stay on the triple chairs and there isn't that many crowds. Ppl have certain trails they go on that really doesn't have alot of crowds.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
gwan wrote:i wish they had a similar good deal for chicopee
glen eden is ok but way busier than chicopee (kitchener)....

i like chicopee better since im just a beginner and they're cheapest pass is $299 ouch (mon - fri all day and saturday until 4:30)

chicopee laughs they charge for lift tickets yes life tickets 41,99 something around there for a small dinky hill heh i went on there 20.00 day tax in mens day and there prices are suppose to go up again so wonder why its so dead

also u said glen eden is busy? weekdays is awesome go down the hill go up the chair lift there pretty fast they have a pretty good hills i think but your time is mostly spent on chair lifts heh
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
160 upvotes
MoonDoggy wrote: Stay on the triple chairs and there isn't that many crowds. Ppl have certain trails they go on that really doesn't have alot of crowds.
zeeden wrote: Get in the singles line

To be honest, I really have not been there in a few years. I got tired of it a while back, and so have all of my friends that I ride with. The whole place is too busy, from the line to get lift tickets, the chalet, too many people all over the hill, and the whole deal is way overpriced.

It may have some of the better hills in Ontario, but that isn't saying a whole lot. My philosophy, and that of everyone I ride with, is that everything in Ontario sucks, so may as well not go through too much hassle and pay to much for it. Can have just as much fun at
Dec 15, 2008
36 posts
Heading to Ellicottville, NY.
If you can get into Holimont you'll love it, otherwise holiday valley is not bad.....worth the drive.....and from ca,bridge what the heck!!!!,
Ski
Dec 15, 2008
36 posts
Look at flying Porter into Tremblant in just overn hour......ahhhh.....Quebec hills!,
Ski