Freebies

[Hosterbox.com] Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes

Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

Deal Link:
Savings:
Free
Retailer:
Hosterbox.com

Hosterbox is now offering for a limited time only a FREE web hosting account! We also have tight restrictions on Overselling, so your accounts will always be reliable, responsive and fast!

FREE web hosting comes with:

Free sub-domain or use your own
100mb of disk space
250mb of bandwidth
1 e-mail account
Ftp, cpanel, Softaculous
Forum based support

Direct link:
https://hosterbox.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=39

Once you have placed your order please reply to this thread with your order number so we can approve the order.

Please join our forum for support:

http://forums.hosterbox.com

We do not include our regular support with the free service in order to prioritize our clients using our premium services. Feel free to contact us on our forum for community support.

Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/Hosterboxcom

Hosterbox FREE Tools:

Domain checker: https://hosterbox.com/billing/cart.php? ... n=register

About us:

Hosterbox is a Canadian based company that provides a unparalleled web hosting service, that includes everything you need to build, host and promote your website. Our Goal at Hosterbox is to provide simply the best managed web hosting services, we not only provide you with perfect up time, a professional and quick responding support team but we include our renowned expert panel to assist you with optimizing your website.

We are currently hosting over 10 000 international clients and over 2500 RFD Free user accounts.

Reviews and Feedback from fellow RFD users!
steeldg wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2011 10:41 pm
I have been using it for a month now. I'm very happy with their service so far. Thanks for the great service.
Terrific_Deals2k8 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 1:34 am
Just wanted to thank Hosterbox and Matt for their service. I'm a novice in terms of building a website - just registered a couple of domains today.
Are there any good online references that you'd recommend for building a website? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance!
AttackSquirrel wrote:
Mar 21st, 2011 9:34 pm
I have my domain on Hosterbox now. The customer service has been great, and I didn't even have to pay them anything :) There web building tool's were very easy to use. Just giving a heads up for anyone thinking about using hosterbox.

I have used webhostingpad which was horrible IMO, poor customer service and go daddy which offers free web hosting but they put adds on your site.
Mayoo wrote:
Mar 21st, 2011 11:21 pm
Hosting for the past two weeks .. great site and support.. no downtime at all .. !!! Highly Recommended !!!
Terrific_Deals2k8 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2011 2:52 am
Hey Hosterbox, thanks for the free upgrade to the new server. Appreciate you guys supporting the RFD community!!
thedealseeker1 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2011 11:55 am
Thanks Matt everything works great...i really appreciate that my concerns and queries were replied to promptly...good job
bargaincowboy wrote:
Sep 18th, 2011 8:02 pm
After signing up, my account was created really quickly. I was able to get my scripts up and running immediately. The control panel has all the standard management tools I expected, and my web pages load reasonably quick. Haven't noticed any lags or downtime since getting set up earlier this month. Great job!
diesel11 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 10:10 pm
As promised, here is some feedback I have for HOSTERBOX.

I bumped into this thread along with other ads on website. To give some information on me, I own a business and never had a website. All this techy stuff was/is very new to me - particularly making a website (Helll, I learned what domain name was recently). Anywho, I can go on about this but long story short, Matt, at Hosterbox is truly AMAZING. He is VERY professional, understands you, and helps you through out. Their prices are reasonable for hosting (there may be cheaper but I am happy given the service). Matt has probably spent 6 hours with me at least in total offering all support. One MAJOR "flaw" is that there is no way to call them, but he said they are working on it. BUT, that did NOT stop him from giving the service he did. Also, they give templates with website for free, which is AWESOME, because you get kick started. He knew that I did not know how to make a website but he NEVER pushed me to pay him to make one. He rather encouraged me to make one myself saying " You can do that as it is not very hard" - this attitude will do him good in long run. He only charged me small fee for editing some flash work, which I think was reasonable given all he has done for me.

I have family members that will need a website in future and I will recommend him without any hestitation. If you need any help, look him on on here and this guy will amaze you with his attitude, services and what he does for people! * * * * * */ 6 stars for him :)

Thanks for helping me making my website and for ALL the encouragement you gave me. I have a website because of you!
jimmyjamez wrote:
Mar 1st, 2012 12:38 am
I couldn't be happier with my experience with Hosterbox. Thanks Matt
JugaJatt wrote:
Mar 1st, 2012 3:32 pm
+1 thanks HB.
polak4life wrote:
Apr 8th, 2012 9:29 pm
Hi, first, thank you for the free hosting, this is a great way to try out my personalized website!

Quick question for you. I just installed wordpress and while installing one of the themes I get the following error message: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Is there a restriction on the file size upload?

Thanks!
xtasyx wrote:
May 29th, 2012 10:42 am
Registered! Thanks hosterbox!!
qmelley wrote:
May 29th, 2012 2:57 pm
Premium hosting at no charge!? Great find OP
VonnSh wrote:
May 31st, 2012 12:25 am
signed up
really great service
thx
clammydog wrote:
May 31st, 2012 10:23 am
hiphopforce wrote:
Jun 13th, 2012 10:33 pm
Thanks Matt!

I have sign up for the service :)
Asad_A203 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2012 4:58 am
Just signed up, thanks OP.
blitzkrieg wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 12:41 pm
I'm loving the free hosting. I've been with Hosterbox for about 6 months and have had a great experience. They host a personal website that basically provides me with an online resume. Thanks very much for the account guys! Keep up the great work.
VonnSh wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2012 11:00 pm
here too

signed up for 2 month and been really great experience
hope fix soon
ChuJai wrote:
Jul 27th, 2012 10:06 pm
awesome. i signed up. thanks!
1010101010101 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2012 7:02 am
Hosterbox A+++
mgronqui wrote:
Aug 28th, 2012 8:34 pm
I'm very happy with Hosterbox's support.

I've been corresponding with Matt over email the past few days and he was nice enough to help me out via chat today. In many cases, he went ahead and did the technical stuff for me.

Thanks so much Matt!
clamsoop wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 1:51 am
Thanks for the answers/help! I very much appreciate good customer service! I'll probably give the free a go to get started, and go from there!
Emperium wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 7:40 pm
This is a great option for anyone who is looking to host a small personal website with plenty of control and options at absolutely no costs. It is also true that their support is quick and very good. Though I only have used them for just over a day. I absolutely recommend it to those that are skeptical.
RCGA wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 6:47 pm
Just another shout out to Matt and the free service he offers.

I don't get a ton of traffic, but as a small and hopefully growing business, the service he offers is very helpful.

http://www.zachwheeler.ca/
kndguy wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 7:52 pm
+1 To this thread. Bought domain + hosting from you guys solely because of this thread. Was going to go with dreamhosting but then saw this =)
squall458 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2015 10:25 pm
Hosterbox rocks! My site was up and running awhile ago and everything is smooth sailing :D

We have more great reviews in this thread but sadly we can't post anymore because of the character feel free to click on different pages to see more great reviews! We are approaching the 100 page mark!

FAQ:

How long will it take to approve my Free account?

It can take a few minutes or hours. All of our orders go through a 2+1 optional step system. Our first is an automated service called Maxmind that can validate and confirm that the client is not fraudulent or using a proxy, if it does detect some what of an anomaly with the order it will call the client and provide them with a security code that they will have to enter in to validate their order and information entered. Finally the orders are manually checked and approved. The phone validation does not happen regularly and is only there when the fraud risk score is above 8 out of 10.

We do this in order to reduce the amount of abusers or ill intentioned users on our servers which correlates into better server performance, IP's that are listed positively, better server reliability and finally less maintenance which greatly reduces the cost of web hosting for our clients. Its just one of the steps we take in order to provide the best possible web hosting services.

How many Free accounts can I have?

We only allow 1 Free account per person.

Are Domain names free?

No, domain names have a cost and are not provided free. You can however use your own domain with the Free trial plan or register one at a small annual fee. Sub-domains are provided for free.

Contacts:

Live chat: Click HERE
Submit a Ticket: Click HERE

Don't forget to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Hosterbox_com
and like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hosterboxcom

Enjoy your free webhosting!
-Hosterbox
Last edited by Hosterbox on Dec 30th, 2010 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
1776 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2223 posts
839 upvotes
Montreal
for a company thats been in business for 6 months, what can we expect
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes
No we have not been overselling we have tight limits on the amount of clients per server (our server are dual quad core xeon) as for the age of Hosterbox is a brand new devision in its company the company has been around for years now. Please refrain from negative comments, we are offering a free service and if you are not interested simply click alt+F4.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2223 posts
839 upvotes
Montreal
Hosterbox wrote:
Dec 30th, 2010 5:35 pm
No we have not been overselling we have tight limits on the amount of clients per server (our server are dual quad core xeon) as for the age of Hosterbox is a brand new devision in its company the company has been around for years now. Please refrain from negative comments, we are offering a free service and if you are not interested simply click alt+F4.

first of all it wasnt a negative comment, it was a question. my bad if I forgot the question mark at the end. calm down

and anyways keeping negative comments is not a way to run a business. i was just wondering if in fact it was a brand new business or like many others, a new division of an older company.

anyways, not having me on board for the deal is no harm for you since this is a free deal but whatever
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes
Are you overselling tons?
for a company thats been in business for 6 months, what can we expect

It just looks like your just assuming and we have strict regulations about overselling. As for negative comments we don't mind constructive comments that might be negative but comments that assume something about any service or any product is not helpfull. And even tho we have had (me and you) a rocky start we would still love for you to try us out! :)

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Matt from Hosterbox
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2223 posts
839 upvotes
Montreal
Hosterbox wrote:
Dec 31st, 2010 1:15 am
It just looks like your just assuming and we have strict regulations about overselling. As for negative comments we don't mind constructive comments that might be negative but comments that assume something about any service or any product is not helpfull. And even tho we have had (me and you) a rocky start we would still love for you to try us out! :)

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Matt from Hosterbox

well like I said, the 2nd post, I forgot a question mark, and what i meant is really to know about your background, if you are backed by a solid company, no negative comment intended.

and first post again, not an assumption, I asked it as a question as most hosting services who do offer free hosting are overselling like crazy.

You might want to add in your OP about your strict overselling restrictions, it will keep RFDers interested!
:)
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes
You might want to add in your OP about your strict overselling restrictions, it will keep RFDers interested!

Thanks a lot for the advice I will make sure to add that to our next threads. As for your posts I am sorry if I jumped the gun to early as I thought your intentions where not well placed but all in all thanks for everything and we hope to hear from you in the future.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes
We are now offering a free subdomain with your free webhosting, so even if you do not currently have a domain name you can register one for free!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2817 posts
41 upvotes
Home
Signed up, Thanks :)
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Nov 19, 2005
797 posts
94 upvotes
Hosterbox wrote:
Dec 30th, 2010 12:16 am
Hosterbox is now offering for a limited time only a FREE webhosting account and lasts as long as you want!

FREE webhosting comes with

500mb of disk space
2gb of bandwidth
Ftp, cpanel and Fantastico
Unlimited add on domains
Unlimited sub domains
Unlimited parked domains

Direct link:
http://www.hosterbox.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

quick question will hosterbox at some point start charging the free clients?
Sep 16, 2010
303 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey Matt,

Signed up ! Thanks ! I would also like to know if Hosterbox will start charging the free clients in the future. Please comment !
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
753 posts
132 upvotes
quick question will hosterbox at some point start charging the free clients?
No we will never charge our free clients, its premium hosting at no charge! And we will keep it that way.

Hey Matt,

Signed up ! Thanks !
Enjoy your free web hosting! (Free forever)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7087 posts
365 upvotes
Hosterbox wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2011 7:12 pm
No we will never charge our free clients, its premium hosting at no charge! And we will keep it that way.

Enjoy your free web hosting! (Free forever)

Thank you! Just signed up and am looking forward to using the service.