Freebies

[Hosterbox.com] Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
749 posts
131 upvotes
artash26 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 10:10 am
hey, my order #1020906819 is still pending. Could you please check, Hosterbox ? Thanks
Order approved!
AsianXL wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 6:58 pm
What would be the difference between this and say 000webhost, for example? On the surface, they both offer a free service, but it appears 000webhost provides a lot more features. Not trying to crap this free service you're offering, but would like to learn the differences. TIA!
We are Canadian and this is really more of a demo service. We wouldn't recommend free hosting for anything important. It's really worth it to spend the few dollars a month and get a proper service with backups, support and the full feature list. Especially when it comes down to the cost of a cup of coffee or 2 a month.
mikeo007 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 8:40 am
Are we allowed to change the domain that we've attached to the free hosting?
I opened a support ticket asking this about 4 months ago, and it was eventually just closed without a response.
I used other hosting for the domain instead.

I've since bought another new domain and asked again a couple of days ago but still no response.
Can I assume that we're stuck with the domain we first registered with?
What's your ticket number? I can take a look at this for you.
We can't provide priority support for the free plan so those support tickets get placed in our low priority queue.

Feel free to use our community forums:

http://forums.hosterbox.com/
Hosterbox Web hosting - Free web hosting
Jun 26, 2004
442 posts
96 upvotes
mikeo007 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 8:40 am
Are we allowed to change the domain that we've attached to the free hosting?
I opened a support ticket asking this about 4 months ago, and it was eventually just closed without a response.
I used other hosting for the domain instead.

I've since bought another new domain and asked again a couple of days ago but still no response.
Can I assume that we're stuck with the domain we first registered with?
Just an update, I was able to get the domain changed this time, so you are able to use a new domain if you ask support. My first ticket probably wasn't clear enough because the second one got answered after a few days.
Aug 19, 2009
997 posts
147 upvotes
Just ordered 7540680733. Looking forward to the service
Jun 3, 2007
388 posts
51 upvotes
Scarborough
Just ordered 7856575063 Looking forward to the service
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
6610 posts
929 upvotes
Hosterbox wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 9:59 pm
Order approved!

We are Canadian and this is really more of a demo service. We wouldn't recommend free hosting for anything important. It's really worth it to spend the few dollars a month and get a proper service with backups, support and the full feature list. Especially when it comes down to the cost of a cup of coffee or 2 a month.

What's your ticket number? I can take a look at this for you.
We can't provide priority support for the free plan so those support tickets get placed in our low priority queue.

Feel free to use our community forums:

http://forums.hosterbox.com/
I posted in the forums at hosterbox, but any reason why certain emails cannot be replied too? @hotmail, @me (never heard of this but someone emailed me from this one) gets blocked. Looks to be that those emails are in the hosterbox block list?

Anyway, this would be a huge setback if I cannot reply to all emails I receive. Overall I really like the service and I'm even thinking of going with the basic 4$ monthly (BTW, is this CAD or USD?)
Dec 18, 2007
890 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hi, my order # is 8269789499. Thanks!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
749 posts
131 upvotes
Orders approved!
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 1:49 pm
I posted in the forums at hosterbox, but any reason why certain emails cannot be replied too? @hotmail, @me (never heard of this but someone emailed me from this one) gets blocked. Looks to be that those emails are in the hosterbox block list?

Anyway, this would be a huge setback if I cannot reply to all emails I receive. Overall I really like the service and I'm even thinking of going with the basic 4$ monthly (BTW, is this CAD or USD?)
The IP has been added to a few blocklists due to spam/abuse related to offering a free service like this. I would really recommend one of our premium plans if you're doing anything important with the account. We run Mailchannels on our premium servers so spam never gets sent from our servers and our IP reputation stays clean.

As for the free hosting server, we are working on cleaning up the blocks. If you do want to upgrade just open a support ticket referencing this post and I can give you a free 30 day trial to try it out.
Hosterbox Web hosting - Free web hosting
Nov 13, 2003
48 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Your Order Number is: 9294840990. Please review and activate!

Thanks a lot!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel