Freebies

[Hosterbox.com] Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

Jul 11, 2007
64 posts
23 upvotes
MTL
Hello!

Here's the order number:
We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below:

Order Number: 1200051542
Thanks!
Feb 21, 2005
736 posts
62 upvotes
My mail is handled by google. With the free account, does that mean that I am limited to only one email? All accounts are setup through the google admin panel, I don't want to lose them. I really just need a place to park my domain and have a single link to email me.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
770 posts
138 upvotes
soblecram wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 7:47 am
My mail is handled by google. With the free account, does that mean that I am limited to only one email? All accounts are setup through the google admin panel, I don't want to lose them. I really just need a place to park my domain and have a single link to email me.
You can change your MX records to point to your Google mail server and use the free account just for the hosting and Google for the mail.

Here is a guide:
https://www.mcgwebdevelopment.com/blog/ ... th-cpanel/
Mr_A wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 8:04 am
Looking forward to try out the service. My order number is 3011987897. Thanks !
Order approved
100% Canadian Web hosting! Hosterbox.com
Try our Free web hosting!
Apr 20, 2005
268 posts
3 upvotes
Hello,

Thanks for the opportunity to try your service. My order number is: 6488469502

Cheer!
Jul 29, 2007
93 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm not sure if this has been asked - this is a long thread to go though!

but the way I understand it, if my domain is mysite.com, with the free service it will be something like mysite/hosterbox.net?

Is there a way I can redirect anyone who enters mysite.com to mysite/hosterbox.net? Or will I have to tell EVERYONE my new address? (I have it printed on some cards - personal ones, not business cards.)

Or do I need to spring for the paid version for that?

Also - my domain is registered with godaddy - would I be better of just transferring it over?
Feb 16, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
New Brunswick
You can point your A record over to the Hosterbox. Alternatively you can use a URL forwarder if your registrar supports URL redirects (which it should) Who currently hosts your website?
Jul 29, 2007
93 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Hostmonster, but they want $9.99 USD a month and won't go any cheaper for me (I was on chat for an hour last night)

I just have a simple portfolio style website - I do not need much, but I do need people who go to mysite.com to be able to see my page. I can't reprint all my cards

Ideally I'd find a cheap place that allows add-on domains as I want to make a second website, but if I can find something cheaper and reliable, I'd forgo that option.
Aug 23, 2016
33 posts
3 upvotes
order number 3898076376, please approve, thanks! cannot wait to try it :)
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
770 posts
138 upvotes
deal_addict wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 5:51 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the opportunity to try your service. My order number is: 6488469502

Cheer!
Jedi66 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 11:29 am
Thank you Order # 9659766567
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 1:29 pm
I'm not sure if this has been asked - this is a long thread to go though!

but the way I understand it, if my domain is mysite.com, with the free service it will be something like mysite/hosterbox.net?

Is there a way I can redirect anyone who enters mysite.com to mysite/hosterbox.net? Or will I have to tell EVERYONE my new address? (I have it printed on some cards - personal ones, not business cards.)

Or do I need to spring for the paid version for that?

Also - my domain is registered with godaddy - would I be better of just transferring it over?
Actually, you can use your current domain name that you have registered with Godaddy you will just need to update it with our nameservers. When signing up for the plan select this option: "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers".
guojiaqi666 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:59 am
order number 3898076376, please approve, thanks! cannot wait to try it :)
Orders approved!
100% Canadian Web hosting! Hosterbox.com
Try our Free web hosting!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)