Freebies

[Hosterbox.com] Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
778 posts
142 upvotes
Sorry for the delay guys. We are working on adding more capacity to our free servers, I can approve a few more orders but we will need to put a hold on new free hosting orders until we can add more capacity to our free servers.

We have been experiencing longer than usual ticket queues, if we missed anything please feel free to PM me and I'll take care of it for you.

Matt
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1884 posts
510 upvotes
Ottawa
Had another ticket from 2 weeks ago that was still open. Submitted another ticket regarding another issue. Let's see how long it takes.

edit: Ok, it took less than 10mins to get the ticket resolved. Very nice.
Dec 7, 2012
763 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
Been with Hosterbox for a while now and the service has been rock solid for the past 12+ months. Thank you for offering this service for free. It's perfect for personal use.
Your advertisement here
Oct 9, 2007
46 posts
3 upvotes
Status is pending for over 2 weeks now. Do I raise a ticket?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29031 posts
2133 upvotes
Winnipeg
can someone please explain these terms? sub domain, add on domain and parked domain?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1884 posts
510 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, I'm now more than fed up with Hosterbox.
I decided to just get my own dedicated server for my own personal and work use.

I sent a cancellation request in mid October.
I get a message from "Gregory D"
Hello Andy,
I noticed your cancellation request and I just wanted to check in with you and see if there's anything we can do for you to make things right. I'm sure we can address any issues you're experiencing.Let me know what we can do for you Andy and please let me know if you have any questions!Best wishes,
-Gregory
To which I reply with
Sorry Gregory, not much can be done.
I'm just looking to move somewhere else.
I received no reply after that.
This morning, they closed that ticket, ignored my cancellation policy, and then charged me for another month.

I suggest everyone to stay away. This is just stupid now.
Feb 8, 2011
172 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Your Order Number is: 9328932014

Thank you
[OP]
Dec 27, 2010
778 posts
142 upvotes
Vietlord wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 2:27 pm
Well, I'm now more than fed up with Hosterbox.
I decided to just get my own dedicated server for my own personal and work use.

I sent a cancellation request in mid October.
I get a message from "Gregory D"

To which I reply with

I received no reply after that.
This morning, they closed that ticket, ignored my cancellation policy, and then charged me for another month.

I suggest everyone to stay away. This is just stupid now.
Hello,
I deeply apologize. I replied to the ticket personally, you had a Paypal subscription setup so Paypal sends us the payment on a set date. We don't actually pull the payment. I refunded the payment and canceled your subscription.

Please reply to the ticket, I know we could've done better and I would still like to make things right with you.

As for the free hosting, the hold is still in effect and I will update the thread when we're ready to take on new free hosting accounts.
Mar 14, 2006
83 posts
50 upvotes
Your Order Number is: 6170391217.

Looking to get my feet wet in Wordpress and just found this thread.

Hoping that at least one free account comes up - thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1213 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
diav wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 1:31 pm
Have you heard back from OP / HosterBox support?
I also sent in a ticket and an email but haven't heard back either.
Sent a follow-up reply in the ticket I opened back in August (I forgot to follow-up in a 2 month period -- my bad), and Gregory solved the issue I had.
Oct 25, 2007
143 posts
46 upvotes
Not sure how active this deal is on Freebies anymore, but wanted to leave this for anyone considering Hosterbox free hosting.
I've been with them for 3 years and they have provided great service especially considering it's free. For that I'm grateful.
Last week I had an issue where I needed to open a ticket marked urgent. I couldn't access my cPanel anymore, and system told me to contact support. After almost one week and 3 messages (2 in the ticket and one through rfd) there has been zero response, and zero resolution. I don't know if that means Hosterbox is no longer supporting their free hosting anymore, or if there's some other issue.
I would have hung in for longer but noticed that in the last couple of days my website was no longer loading. So I had no choice but to switch to another webhost.

So again this isn't to bash Hosterbox, they provided great service for a few years, but now not sure what is going on there.
Jun 20, 2009
846 posts
170 upvotes
Edmonton
Saw the message above and checked my site. It isn't working either. Ut oh.