Expired Hot Deals

HOT! Amazon Cash Buy $50 get $10 credit for first time Amazon Cash users

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2018 4:08 pm
Jan 5, 2006
83 posts
53 upvotes
How long does it take to get credited with the $10 promotional credit? Scanned and bought $50 worth of amazon cash about 2 hours ago.
Dec 26, 2012
230 posts
46 upvotes
MILTON
Do some Canada Post locations not accept Amazon Cash? I just went to load $50 but it couldn't go through.
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5097 posts
1461 upvotes
Montreal
TQT wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 3:37 pm
How long does it take to get credited with the $10 promotional credit? Scanned and bought $50 worth of amazon cash about 2 hours ago.
i've noticed sometimes with these promotions it can take up to a day or so.

Try to make a "purchase" tomorrow and see if the credit shows. It should show on your payment option screen the $10. Just make sure you pick something that is shipped/sold by Amazon. Usually anything with Prime on it is good to go.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4489 posts
4648 upvotes
I think Amazon is preparing to open its own bank and compete with online payment business like Paypal. Not accepting credit card is mainly because of the high fee charged by Master or Visa. I believe Amazon will join the insurance business too once the bank business is stabilized.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1629 posts
834 upvotes
montreal
skydeal wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 1:38 pm
I've loaded Amazon cash; but haven't used it. Will I still be eligible for this promo?
Nope...
Sad, but you already are an amz cash user.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1629 posts
834 upvotes
montreal
Just stop by post office to return a package, so while I was there, I loaded a 50$ cash on my account.

The clerk had no idea how to do it, but he simply scanned the barcode, enter the amount and voilà.

My 50$ was on my account before I was out of the JeanCoutu.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
1822 posts
184 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 4:19 pm
i've noticed sometimes with these promotions it can take up to a day or so.

Try to make a "purchase" tomorrow and see if the credit shows. It should show on your payment option screen the $10. Just make sure you pick something that is shipped/sold by Amazon. Usually anything with Prime on it is good to go.
TQT wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 3:37 pm
I loaded my $50 at Shoppers at 8:30, made a purchase around 9:30. I noticed that the $10 promo wasn't on my bill. But, spoke to an Amazon rep, they said it would be applied once it shipped. I'll check again when it does.
Jul 29, 2016
54 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Be careful about this promotion, there is BIG CATCH!
The $10 will show up in your account as "Gift card promotion", and will be used automatically next time when you do purchase.
HOWEVER, if for any reason you need to return that item, any "Gift card promotion", in fact any Amazon promotion credit, will NOT be credit back to you.

For example, you got this $10 credit, and you buy a $10 piece of merchant. You paid 0 out of pocket, but when you return this item, Amazon does not credit you back anything! Basically you loose your gift card promotion!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4864 posts
891 upvotes
also it only works with ships and sold from amazon.ca items only right?
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1542 posts
184 upvotes
did this yesterday.

Got barcode and went to canada post.
Only Debit or cash to load. No CC accepted by canada post
Place order last night apprx (17$ with tax) and shipped by amazon.ca. Promo Credit did not apply.
Started chat with Amazon this morning. It seems my credit was "stuck". She Suggested to Cancel order and re-order while we were still on chat. I got $10 courtesy credit applied during checkout.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1629 posts
834 upvotes
montreal
lmx116 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:40 pm
The $10 will show up in your account as "Gift card promotion", and will be used automatically next time when you do purchase.
HOWEVER, if for any reason you need to return that item, any "Gift card promotion", in fact any Amazon promotion credit, will NOT be credit back to you.
Yes, this detail is important.
I bought the Orville popcorn 12-pak using courtesy credit.
Upon reception, the popcorn was already passed the BestBefore date.

So when I contacted amazon (chat) they told me that they will refund the purchase (and keep it or dispose of it on my side).
Then I told them I paid for it using courtesy credit.

So they had to do an "exception" and put back another courtesy credit, as normally those credits aren't refunded automatically.

Also, when you are using your courtesy credits, make sure to use them on taxable items...
The price is first reduced, then taxes are applied.
So you 10$ is in fact 11.50$ (for Qc).
Jul 29, 2016
54 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
lmx116 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:40 pm

For example, you got this $10 credit, and you buy a $10 piece of merchant. You paid 0 out of pocket, but when you return this item, Amazon does not credit you back anything! Basically you loose your gift card promotion!!!!!
I spoke with Amazon customer service today and got some further clarification: 1. You have a choice of NOT applying your available credit when you review the order, you can uncheck the promotion if you like. 2. The only case where the consumed credit would be returned back is if you cancel an order.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10676 posts
1332 upvotes
gumby wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 10:30 am
I understand this now - The promo runs from June 4 to July 8 inclusive. As long as you add a minimum $50 cash to your Amazon Cash account by the end of day on July 8, you'll get the extra $10 added to your account. You then have until August 30 (not 31) to use up the $10 credit on items sold by Amazon, otherwise it will disappear on Aug 31.
Not a problem using the promo cash before August 30 with Prime Day on July 10th.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5097 posts
1461 upvotes
Montreal
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:24 pm
Not a problem using the promo cash before August 30 with Prime Day on July 10th.
PRIME DAY ?! heck yes!!! Thank you for the reminder