[Amazon Canada] Asus TF300T with English dock -$324.86 amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2013 9:42 pm
Dec 27, 2010
87 posts
13 upvotes
pmclicker wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 8:52 am
Successful price match at Best Buy yesterday. They had a like new open box in white. Total price 295 plus tax. Total 336.
Thanks OP
How did you get it for $295? Did they toss in an open box discount on top of it?

Fantastic price, congrats =)
Nov 25, 2002
305 posts
7 upvotes
If anyone does not want their dock, pm me~ I bought my tf300t 4 months ago around 260- n ever since, i am looking for the cheap dock-
Sep 18, 2011
11 posts
1 upvote
Yes they threw in 5% open box on top. Box was a bit banged up but otherwise the unit still had the screen protector and I had to upgrade it to 4.1.1
Was a good day...
Jun 28, 2007
163 posts
66 upvotes
Just got mine, I can confirm that the amazon.ca keyboard is English, not bilingual.
Mar 10, 2012
123 posts
35 upvotes
THORNHILL
Mine won't power up even on the charger. The LED blinks 3 times if I hold gown the power button, but that's it.

I'll leave it for awhile on the charger, if it's anything like the TF101 it charges fast.
Dec 31, 2003
931 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond Hill
price drop on Amazon to $323.44 now
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1723 posts
48 upvotes
true but it is more future proof...

the 16 gb is only about $100 more which seems to be a better deal in the long run given I already have a keyboard.

probably will wait for nexus 10 UNLESS this tablet goes under $150 teheheh...
Rykusx wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:41 pm
The Nexus 10 is quite superior in terms of hardware and performance, but keep in mind that it is out of stock everywhere and the tablet alone is about $200 more expensive than this tablet + keyboard dock combo.
ShadowVlican wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:04 pm
+1 i have both and i find myself using the nexus 10 more

superior speed, screen, software
Nov 20, 2012
61 posts
49 upvotes
Hamilton
that was fast.
ordered sunday evening, free 2 day shipping.
package delivered tuesday afternoon.

initial charge aboot 2hrs.
Nov 11, 2003
272 posts
13 upvotes
received mine as well, charging and will play with it tomorrow~

I have a nexus 7 and it's nice holding the Asus, feels a lot more sturdy that's for sure!
May 17, 2010
16 posts
Victoria
Got PM'd at BB for $309+tax. Good deal but the bilingual keyboard might be a bother. The guy after me was going to get something else and ended up getting the same deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1522 posts
206 upvotes
EDMONTON
Pretty hot for a 10" tablet and dock

still kicking it with the tf101 though
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Dec 27, 2010
87 posts
13 upvotes
Just a heads up for anyone trying to price beat at visions.ca: unfortunately they are being complete *****s and are now refusing to honour their price beat guarantee on this item. I called them on the weekend to inquire about doing a price beat and was told to email them the link to the item, and as long as it met their criteria it would be okay'ed the next working day. I didn't hear anything so on Monday afternoon called them and spoke to a lady who said she was just waiting on her boss to verify it was in stock in Amazon and okay it, and that I would have a reply within an hour. Two hours came and went so I called back, and was told the lady I had dealt with was on her break. She then emailed me shortly thereafter to say that there was a delay in verifying the Amazon price and stock, but that I'd hear by the end of the day. Well, that passed by with no response, and most of Tuesday as well, so I called this afternoon just before closing to check on the status. I asked for the lady I had dealt with before, and was told she had left for the day, but the other lady said "You're the guy who wanted the Transformer? I was told to tell you we can't do do it". To my (not so much) surprise, they were suddenly "out of stock" and the item has been removed from their website, so therefore they wouldn't price beat. (NB - they had over a dozen in stock as recently as 30 minutes before I called)

It was after my first conversation with the rep yesterday that I started to get a feeling they were not going to honour their price beat policy, based on her tone when I told her the price had dropped again to $324. Her reason sounded suspicious to me - anyone who is able to read can tell that the Amazon link satisfies all of the terms and conditions of their advertised price beat, but she said there were "delays in verifying stock and price"? Seriously? It says right on the Amazon page.

I plan on complaining to their corporate office tomorrow. It probably won't do anything but hopefully there are some people in the company that view corporate policy as something more than a suggestion and value professionalism and reputation.

To be quite honest I would have been perfectly happy if they said they couldn't afford to price match it (for example, if the Amazon price is less than Vision's cost), but to string me along for a few days without any intention of honouring it just pisses me off. One of the reasons I wanted to order from Visions as opposed to BB or FS is that Visions is advertised as a wholly Canadian company - sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything very much Canadian about them.
Oct 15, 2001
908 posts
16 upvotes
At the time of this post, it says "Only 2 left in stock"!
laptop-tech wrote:
Dec 12th, 2008 11:53 pm
On boxing day everything will be free.
× < >