Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Asus TF300T with English dock -$324.86 amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2013 9:42 pm
Dec 31, 2003
931 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got one extra I price-matched from BestBuy to sell at cost - $366.69 ($322.20+$2.30EHF+tax). Its the blue colour, still plastic wrapped, with receipt of course.
Mar 21, 2012
84 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Rykusx wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 9:24 pm
Just a heads up for anyone trying to price beat at visions.ca: unfortunately they are being complete *****s and are now refusing to honour their price beat guarantee on this item. I called them on the weekend to inquire about doing a price beat and was told to email them the link to the item, and as long as it met their criteria it would be okay'ed the next working day. I didn't hear anything so on Monday afternoon called them and spoke to a lady who said she was just waiting on her boss to verify it was in stock in Amazon and okay it, and that I would have a reply within an hour. Two hours came and went so I called back, and was told the lady I had dealt with was on her break. She then emailed me shortly thereafter to say that there was a delay in verifying the Amazon price and stock, but that I'd hear by the end of the day. Well, that passed by with no response, and most of Tuesday as well, so I called this afternoon just before closing to check on the status. I asked for the lady I had dealt with before, and was told she had left for the day, but the other lady said "You're the guy who wanted the Transformer? I was told to tell you we can't do do it". To my (not so much) surprise, they were suddenly "out of stock" and the item has been removed from their website, so therefore they wouldn't price beat. (NB - they had over a dozen in stock as recently as 30 minutes before I called)

It was after my first conversation with the rep yesterday that I started to get a feeling they were not going to honour their price beat policy, based on her tone when I told her the price had dropped again to $324. Her reason sounded suspicious to me - anyone who is able to read can tell that the Amazon link satisfies all of the terms and conditions of their advertised price beat, but she said there were "delays in verifying stock and price"? Seriously? It says right on the Amazon page.

I plan on complaining to their corporate office tomorrow. It probably won't do anything but hopefully there are some people in the company that view corporate policy as something more than a suggestion and value professionalism and reputation.

To be quite honest I would have been perfectly happy if they said they couldn't afford to price match it (for example, if the Amazon price is less than Vision's cost), but to string me along for a few days without any intention of honouring it just pisses me off. One of the reasons I wanted to order from Visions as opposed to BB or FS is that Visions is advertised as a wholly Canadian company - sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything very much Canadian about them.
Yeah, I sent an email last night just to do a price match less 5%...got a email late this morning saying sorry and that it is out of stock at Visions online and they won't be getting anymore in. Definately was thinking suspicious since all last night they had it online and this morning it's gone.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2012
1231 posts
392 upvotes
deal dead. looks like its back at $469 :( only 2 left.. :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2317 posts
576 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
I price matched at visions yesterday at the Calgary SW location. I did try to do it online but they told me it was OOS so I went into the store. They had about 8 in stock at the time but all other stores were completely OOS. The manager took a while in his office confirming whether they could price match. They refused to take off the extra 5% as they said anything you can order online and can't go physically pickup, they won't do that on. I didn't bother arguing.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1494 posts
222 upvotes
gta
so glad i pulled the trigger on this deal lastnight when it went down to $323. now looking for a good case and a micro hdmi cable.
anyone have any recommendation for a case?
Nov 19, 2005
765 posts
86 upvotes
ecaps wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 1:15 am
I got one extra I price-matched from BestBuy to sell at cost - $366.69 ($322.20+$2.30EHF+tax). Its the blue colour, still plastic wrapped, with receipt of course.
PM sent :)
Nov 19, 2005
765 posts
86 upvotes
ecaps wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 1:15 am
responded to your last message yesterday, havent heard back .. please let me know
Aug 24, 2005
625 posts
196 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hi all, not to bring this thread back from the dead, but just a little update:
I had ordered from amazon.ca at $330 something (i cancelled once from $360 something but didn't do it a second time to get the lowest possible price) I arrived by Tuesday and all was good except there was quite noticeable bleeding on the right hand edge so I requested exchange. To Amazon.ca's credit it arrived on Friday and after using it over the weekend (and spending over 6 hours playing around to make it the way I like it), I noticed more than a few times where the machine wouldn't wake from sleep when I pressed the power button. It will eventually after pressing the power button like 10, 20 times. I thought it was strange so I tested it to try to isolate the problem. I noticed it would happen sometimes when I dock it or...this is the strange part, when I plug in headphone it would happen too. Also as an added annoyance they had replaced it with a unit that has a bilingual dock!

Tonight, after experiencing the problem a couple more times I decided to wipe the machine and requesting exchange again. I am going to give it one more shot. This is truly a quality machine and I was quite impress with it (when it decided to wake up, which was like 70% of the time).
Now I kinda wish I bought it local by PM as packing it up is a bit of a pain.

Third time's a charm I hope. Wish me luck guys!
× < >