Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Hot! The Bay: Bodum Burr Coffee Grinder $53.99 ($158 at BB/FS PM YMMV) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2014 12:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes

Hot! The Bay: Bodum Burr Coffee Grinder $53.99 ($158 at BB/FS PM YMMV) YMMV

The Bay is selling their Bodum burr coffee grinders for only $53.99. I confirmed with staff that its nationwide pricing. YMMV though since they are clearing out all Bodum stock. There was only 1 left at the Ottawa St Laurent location which I bought.

This is an awesome price for an awesome coffee grinder. Best Buy and Future Shop are selling the same coffee grinder for $158.99, so a PM might be dooable. I uploaded my receipt just in case it helps somebody. If successful at PM'ing you'll get an extra $10 off.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bod ... 75a279en02

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... dda65cen02

[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... f421ba.jpg[/IMG]
57 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2010
1017 posts
351 upvotes
This is a smoking hot deal if you can find one.

Will be great for filter, Aeropress or pourover. Not as great for espresso (not fine enough) and mediocore for French Press (when you grind very coarse it's not that consistent and will produce a lot of fines).
Nov 18, 2006
652 posts
316 upvotes
Going to check this out, thanks OP.

Couple years ago, I bought a Breville burr grinder. Biggest gripe is the plastic catch bin -- bad for static and flimsy.

The Bodum one is glass, supposed to be better...
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1128 posts
422 upvotes
Oakville
Hate to break your bubble but this device is not what it is cracked up to be, although the price is much lower for this deal.

It is cheaply made being very delicate definitely not worthy if the Bodum branding.

After a few uses the grind wheel housing cracked making it impossible to change the grind setting. You cannot change the grind setting when you have beans in the hopper. This is written in the he guide.

It also has static issues even though glass collector is used.

Difficult to clean because of the type of plastic on the housing.

I returned it and kept using my old grinder.

Looks good but it's not going to work for serious coffee enthusiasts, IMHO.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
Toronto?
Lobloco wrote: ...

After a few uses the grind wheel housing cracked making it impossible to change the grind setting. You cannot change the grind setting when you have beans in the hopper. This is written in the he guide.

hmm, didn't know that?
Dec 12, 2009
627 posts
259 upvotes
Had this one. Don't like it very much. But good deal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I've had one for 3 years and I love it. No problems and is a great grinder. A friend of mine had to replace his after 2 years though.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
haven't had it as long as some people in this thread
but I've been using mine steadily since the summer and it's been great
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Aug 15, 2012
73 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary, AB
oj777 wrote: The Bay is selling their Bodum burr coffee grinders for only $53.99. I confirmed with staff that its nationwide pricing. YMMV though since they are clearing out all Bodum stock. There was only 1 left at the Ottawa St Laurent location which I bought.

This is an awesome price for an awesome coffee grinder. Best Buy and Future Shop are selling the same coffee grinder for $158.99, so a PM might be dooable. I uploaded my receipt just in case it helps somebody. If successful at PM'ing you'll get an extra $10 off.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bod ... 75a279en02

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... dda65cen02

[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... f421ba.jpg[/IMG]
Is it just these two? or all bodum?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I like mine but I agree with some of the issues. Get's dirty and hard to clean which is also related to the static issue. Grind setting I pretty much leave set

I bought mine years ago when I saw on rfd for around 70ish on amazon so this is the lowest i've seen on the bodum.

I like to know what other serious coffee drinkers would recommend for a burr grinder in a similar price range.
Jan 8, 2012
884 posts
740 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks OP.

Too rich for my blood, at the moment, but appreciate it none-the-less.

cheers

asdf
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1913 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone able to PM with either FS or BB yet? Or have a link to the grinder on bay's site?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
funkdoobi wrote: Anyone able to PM with either FS or BB yet? Or have a link to the grinder on bay's site?
need pic of a receipt from Toronto, and/or picture proof of price tag in-store and phone number of local store with stock. i'm interested in the black one. at this price, or lower with PM, you can't go wrong.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46968 posts
9263 upvotes
Found one at Upper Canada Mall, red color.
Blanka
Oct 8, 2013
387 posts
397 upvotes
Dartmouth
I've had this grinder for about a year now. I was cautious when I bought it as I've heard the quality doesn't stack up to other bodum products. That being said I've had no problems with it. Little hard to clean, I have been changing the grind setting with beans in it, I believe what someone told me was to get the beans moving first, I.E. start grinding then twist it to what you want. Moving back and forth between the percolator and the aeropress. Does a great job, I've been a happy customer for my year with it. At this price, I'd recommend it without a second thought, especially at this price.
Mar 2, 2011
845 posts
205 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote: Found one at Upper Canada Mall, red color.
And you'll get it for me at cost and we meet in Richmond Hill ... Ha Ha Ha ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5213 posts
1231 upvotes
Burlington
Picked one up as well, just curios if anyone uses flavoured beans in burr grinders and how it might affect performance over time?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
Tha_Doggg wrote: Picked one up as well, just curios if anyone uses flavoured beans in burr grinders and how it might affect performance over time?
i think it wouldn't be a good idea to use flavored beans in burr grinders often and would stick to using organic, because the flavoured ones have coatings that leave residue and i heard it's hard to clean these machines. also flavour's unhealthy imo.
Greasy wrote: I've had this grinder for about a year now. I was cautious when I bought it as I've heard the quality doesn't stack up to other bodum products. That being said I've had no problems with it. Little hard to clean, I have been changing the grind setting with beans in it, I believe what someone told me was to get the beans moving first, I.E. start grinding then twist it to what you want. Moving back and forth between the percolator and the aeropress. Does a great job, I've been a happy customer for my year with it. At this price, I'd recommend it without a second thought, especially at this price.
wouldn't advize to changing the grind setting with beans in it, as you could be slowly damaging it as other poster mentioned.
Oct 8, 2013
387 posts
397 upvotes
Dartmouth
ManCaveGamer wrote: wouldn't advize to changing the grind setting with beans in it, as you could be slowly damaging it.
I can't really bring myself to care. If it breaks, it breaks. If the alternative is screwing about taking beans out and changing it, I don't mind taking from it's lifespan in order to have a better time using it. I've been using it like this for a year, considering I'm consuming coffee more or less every day, I think it's safe to say it can take it for some amount of time.

That being said, getting the motor going and adjusting it does make some degree of sense. You'd damage it by adjusting the coarseness because of vertical pressure that the machine isn't designed to take, get the motor going and it will at least beat the beans out of the way rather than let them stay put and put pressure on things not meant to withstand it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)