Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

HOT - Canada Computers - Koss PortaPros - $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2012 1:57 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2008
618 posts
342 upvotes
Airdrie

[Canada Computers] HOT - Canada Computers - Koss PortaPros - $39.99

Best option for portable headphones, especially at that price.

1. I know they were 30$ at Zellers 5 years ago, but they're not now.
2. Yep, they're hella ugly, but they (allegedly, I don't have them) sound great. Many people prefer them to the Sennheiser PX100/100-II

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=047888
[IMG]http://img.canadacomputers.com/ProductI ... /53500.jpg[/IMG]
46 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1067 posts
22 upvotes
Those may be the ugliest headphones I've ever seen.
May 16, 2003
173 posts
42 upvotes
they are so ugly...but for years now, whenever i search for quality headphones at a good price, i always get pointed to these. and i always find a different pair, due to the uglyness. but people swear by them
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
90 upvotes
amputato wrote: they are so ugly...but for years now, whenever i search for quality headphones at a good price, i always get pointed to these. and i always find a different pair, due to the uglyness. but people swear by them

ppl swear by them 'cause of nostalgia and reputation

when they came out they were revolutionary 'cause at the time they didn't know how to make closed headphones, so they really upped the bass

this way you can travel with them and the bass wouldn't be drown out as bad

nowadays we have way better closed headphones for travel

i guess they have pretty loud drivers, but they're way overhyped
Contests Won: None :mad:
May 27, 2008
134 posts
31 upvotes
I hate any headphones because none of them is comfortable after wearing them for a long time.
But I have to say, Koss PortaPros is the lest uncomfortable headphone I have ever used.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Really good sound coming out of these headphones.

Well worth it. And best of all, LIFETIME NO FAULT WARRANTY.

I've gone through maybe 10 of them ( this is not a knock against Koss' build quality, I'm just super clumsy ) and they've replaced them every single time.

I even bought a 2nd pair to tide me over during the warranty shipping process.

A++ would buy again (but don't have to!)

But think about it, products like these that have this kind of sick longevity stick around for a reason.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
It's a good cheap option... I have 2 myself when i got them for $25 years back... also go both replaced with the lifetime warranty.

The KSC75 are a good option but I prefer the headband... the parts-express ones for $2 are good replacement. Light cheap and sounds decent imho... a rfd special... lol.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Every time i want to have them repair, i pay 15 bucks and wait 3 weeks. Own them since 10 year, sound great, but i don't know if the lifetime warranty is still included...
Mar 16, 2011
824 posts
225 upvotes
If you want great sound at a good price get these and laugh at the posers around you wearing Monster Beats :lol:
Jun 3, 2006
59 posts
68 upvotes
Can anyone comment on how much sounds leaks from them? Considering them for a workplace setting...
Jan 16, 2005
797 posts
303 upvotes
PureSolidness wrote: If you want great sound at a good price get these and laugh at the posers around you wearing Monster Beats :lol:

We've got 3 pairs in the family. 20yr old and 15yr old swear by them. 15yr old went on a snowboard trip with school and was getting teased about the look. She told them to try them and the boy with "Beats" was getting the hard time after that.

20yr had the same experience in High School, put them on friends head and shut them up.

Warranty - pay shipping both ways approx $15. Last time I did't include the bill...no problem.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Man I love the sound sig and quality coming out of these. I might pick up a second pair :P
Jun 7, 2007
333 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Great sound. Relatively cheap. LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I've bought Sennheiser PX100s, iGrados, even closed-ear headphones with replaceable cords where the CUP snapped off. iGrados have a FOUR-MONTH warranty, and PX100s are one year. Both their cords will break on you at some point, guaranteed.

I'll never buy anything but PortaPros again, and I've just ordered a second one to use when my first one is in for warranty repair. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2010
1022 posts
365 upvotes
I've read a lot about how good these are in the bang for the buck category but holy crap are they ugly :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1078 posts
663 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
shawn8888 wrote: I hate any headphones because none of them is comfortable after wearing them for a long time.
But I have to say, Koss PortaPros is the lest uncomfortable headphone I have ever used.
They are pretty comfy for the money.

If you want very comfortable full-size headphones you will be able to find them but they will be more money...starting near the $200+ mark, depending on the size and shape of your head. Look for comfort starting with Beyer Dynamic DT 250/DT 770/DT 880/DT 990, the Denon AH-D2000 and the Audio Technica ath-ad700 and ath-ad900.
Mar 23, 2008
618 posts
342 upvotes
Airdrie
I had PX100s at one point too, but I returned them as they were never quite comfortable. Portapros are on my list, but I ordered KSC75s 2 days ago.
Apr 17, 2005
464 posts
44 upvotes
rocque wrote: Can anyone comment on how much sounds leaks from them? Considering them for a workplace setting...

They're completely 'open' headphones, so the person in the next cubicle will be able to hear that you're listening to Justin Bieber. :o ;)

I have a pair of KSC75s and love them! I think they sound as good as my Grado SR60s.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)