Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HOT! - Canon SD1200IS $99.99 Best Buy Nationwide

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2010 1:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes

[Best Buy] HOT! - Canon SD1200IS $99.99 Best Buy Nationwide

Full credit to Remus here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-stap ... st10934123

At least in Winnipeg, BB has the SD1200IS for $99.99. Figured it is worth it to make a thread since many people probably have given up on Staples.

This deal IS NOT advertised, and is not even on the website, on the site the camera is still $135. That means there is a much better chance of getting one if you still want it.

After Remus said that I went to BB Polo Park at 12:30PM, and they had 6 SD1200IS cameras. 2 grey, 2 blue, 2 pink. 6 total, they weren't in shelves, they were in large plastic boxes on a table near the cameras. I picked up 1 grey, so there should still be 5 at Polo Park.

Regent probably has some more.

I had wanted to PM the Staples price somewhere, but FS is out of stock, and Staples went out of stock on Day 1, but if you find some other place that carries the SD1200IS, you can probably PM against BB.

Obviously now that BB was smart enough to lower the price, you can't PM for a huge price difference and get $10 off anymore.

Still a good price though. Happy hunting.
144 replies
Jun 18, 2003
200 posts
111 upvotes
It's all Best Buys and Pink one comes with a case. I picked one up at Heartland, Mississauga. Ask for the pink avril kit if you want the case.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1190 posts
501 upvotes
Abbotsford
Good find

Just an idea, but it might be a good idea to put what a SD1200SI actually is in the title.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes
lookn_4_deals wrote: It's all Best Buys and Pink one comes with a case. I picked one up at Heartland, Mississauga. Ask for the pink avril kit if you want the case.
Great, thanks for the info. Updated the title.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is actually cause of the new store opening in Milton here in the GTA...it was in the grand opening flyer
Deal Addict
May 17, 2006
1621 posts
392 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: The deal is actually cause of the new store opening in Milton here in the GTA...it was in the grand opening flyer
The flyer says it's 134.99, not 99.99.
---
Oct 4, 2007
665 posts
186 upvotes
FS adjusted their price, too.
It's now priced at $98.99.
Nov 5, 2009
95 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Seeing that it isn't on futureshop or bestbuy's website. Is this a deal only when scanning at the checkout?
Jan 4, 2006
655 posts
3 upvotes
odinthegreatone wrote: Seeing that it isn't on futureshop or bestbuy's website. Is this a deal only when scanning at the checkout?
Only one way to find out :twisted:
Dec 17, 2006
97 posts
3 upvotes
I just came back from BB in Ajax and it's listed at 99.99 there too. Just for those who want one. Didn't really check for stock, just exchanged the pink for the grey.
Oct 4, 2007
665 posts
186 upvotes
604girl wrote: Can I find this in BC for $99.99?
Where is it on the FS site I cant seem to find it for $98.99
Like OP said, it's not advertised, you'll just have to go to the store to pick it up directly, it'll scan at $99 or $100.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
Just back from the Sherway Gardens store.

$99 confirmed. They have plenty in stock of all 3 colours (dark grey, pink, and blue which looks pretty damn teal to me).

By plenty of stock, I mean over 20. They'll push the service plan and memory cards hard because "you're saving so much on the camera" (marked down from $179.99 supposedly).
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2904 posts
220 upvotes
staples is the same price.
Aug 1, 2009
172 posts
57 upvotes
:twisted: This camera is a couple of generations old. The SD1300 IS routinely goes on sale for $169.00 . It is hard to justify the SD1200 IS price at $179. There are so many unsold. I went to Best Buy in Greenfield Park Que trying to price match to Staples and was told by the floor manager that Best Buy does not sell below cost and since Staples stated minimum 5 per store this was limited quanties. She stated that her sources informed her that they only had pink. I told her that she was BS ing me that in fact they had all the colours and my local store had over 15 in stock. Staples has a lot of these and the minimum 5 is to create drama in the buyers mind to rush over. By the way this Best Buy had over 30 units on the floor. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11816 upvotes
Calgary
99 dollars in Calgary plus printer for 30$
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
55 weezer wrote: :twisted: This camera is a couple of generations old. The SD1300 IS routinely goes on sale for $169.00 . It is hard to justify the SD1200 IS price at $179. There are so many unsold. I went to Best Buy in Greenfield Park Que trying to price match to Staples and was told by the floor manager that Best Buy does not sell below cost and since Staples stated minimum 5 per store this was limited quanties. She stated that her sources informed her that they only had pink. I told her that she was BS ing me that in fact they had all the colours and my local store had over 15 in stock. Staples has a lot of these and the minimum 5 is to create drama in the buyers mind to rush over. By the way this Best Buy had over 30 units on the floor. :twisted:
QFT

At $99 though this camera is worth the money. Even being a couple of generations old it is still strong in terms of features, although has it a plastic feel to it (unlike the SD series of old which had solid build quality).
Nov 4, 2003
654 posts
81 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got the Pink one for the gf. Checked both Markville and Bayview & HWY 7 location Pink colour with the one that comes with the case is sold out. For $99 can't complain though.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2904 posts
220 upvotes
55 weezer wrote: :twisted: This camera is a couple of generations old. The SD1300 IS routinely goes on sale for $169.00 . It is hard to justify the SD1200 IS price at $179. There are so many unsold. I went to Best Buy in Greenfield Park Que trying to price match to Staples and was told by the floor manager that Best Buy does not sell below cost and since Staples stated minimum 5 per store this was limited quanties. She stated that her sources informed her that they only had pink. I told her that she was BS ing me that in fact they had all the colours and my local store had over 15 in stock. Staples has a lot of these and the minimum 5 is to create drama in the buyers mind to rush over. By the way this Best Buy had over 30 units on the floor. :twisted:
I'm not sure how they are interpreting this. To be minimum means at least. So there's at least 5 or more and no less.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
101 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Even being a couple of generations old...
Actually it's just one generation old. The SD1300 and SD1400 were released simultaneously earlier this year.

However, the SD1200 lost several features compared to the previous SD1100, such as panorama assist, time-lapse and high-speed video, audio recording, and personalization with your own startup photo and sounds.
Apr 16, 2010
387 posts
28 upvotes
i was looking at one of these today.
i love everything about it except that the maximum video record resolution is vgay (640x480)
if it could do 720p i would pay twice the price for it

EDIT: ooops, wrong camera. i was referring to the SX120IS