Page 1 of 3

HOT-Costco Almond Butter $4.59 on Sale

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 2:59 pm
by palmer
Costco has MaraNatha Natural Almond Butter 737grams $4.59 on sale - regular $6.59($2.00 off)

This is already an awesome price compared to any other store at regular price, at the sale price its time to stock up. This was at Costco in London so it could be in a bunch of Ontario/East stores then. The same amount of this purchased at RCSS for example would cost you around $20.00 if you were crazy enough to purchase it there.

Re: HOT-Costco Almond Butter $4.59 on Sale

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:17 pm
by mic2074
bought a jar two months ago... I really can't get used to the taste after years of eating peanut butter.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:19 pm
by thelefteyeguy
expiry date?

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:19 pm
by palmer
mic2074 wrote: bought a jar two months ago... I really can't get used to the taste after years of eating peanut butter.
I like almond butter much better after years of eating peanut butter.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:20 pm
by palmer
thelefteyeguy wrote: expiry date?
Expiry said July 09, 2013. Lots of time for a good stock pile

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:21 pm
by a1qwyx20
I will let you all in on the best way to eat any almond butter. Everyone I know who has eaten this love it.

Put almond butter and then a bit of honey on your favorite bread/toast. Simply amazing! After you taste it youll hoard both of those items at costco.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:22 pm
by palmer
a1qwyx20 wrote: I will let you all in on the best way to eat any almond butter. Everyone I know who has eaten this love it.

Put almond butter and then a bit of honey on your favorite bread/toast. Simply amazing! After you taste it youll hoard both of those items at costco.
Yep the honey is always a great deal at Costco

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 3:31 pm
by boyoflondon
thelefteyeguy wrote: expiry date?
I bought mine last week and it was end of Dec for expiry.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 5:25 pm
by taro-chan
I bought one on the weekend. Its a good deal but I find this almond butter too watery compared to my almond cashew butter. Not sure if is because of the brand or the type. :(

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 5:31 pm
by palmer
taro-chan wrote: I bought one on the weekend. Its a good deal but I find this almond butter too watery compared to my almond cashew butter. Not sure if is because of the brand or the type. :(
Watery? Weird we eat this all the time and never found it watery in anyway. You refrigerate after opening right? It's just all natural almonds ground up, nothing added, maybe your cashew almond mix makes for different texture.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 5:36 pm
by taro-chan
palmer wrote: Watery? Weird we eat this all the time and never found it watery in anyway. You refrigerate after opening right? It's just all natural almonds ground up, nothing added, maybe your cashew almond mix makes for different texture.
That's what I am thinking. Does your's drip off the spoon once you scoop it? My almond cashew butter sticks to the spoon while the Costco almond butter runs off the spoon.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 5:59 pm
by blazed16
bought this probably 2 or 3 months ago for same price and have about half left with expiry of end of october.Decent stuff for price.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 6:01 pm
by photon
taro-chan wrote: That's what I am thinking. Does your's drip off the spoon once you scoop it? My almond cashew butter sticks to the spoon while the Costco almond butter runs off the spoon.
The top portion is always runny! The button portion is always viscous & thick. You should use a clean spoon to stir & mix evenly the whole jar of the almond butter .
I hope this help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 7:54 pm
by taro-chan
photon wrote: The top portion is always runny! The button portion is always viscous & thick. You should use a clean spoon to stir & mix evenly the whole jar of the almond butter .
I hope this help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stirred it again. Still not as thick as my almond cashew butter. Oh well. Its still a hot price!!

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 8:24 pm
by mic2074
taro-chan wrote: Stirred it again. Still not as thick as my almond cashew butter. Oh well. Its still a hot price!!
I find it very runny too - even after stirring.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 8:24 pm
by bobor
Is there oil separation with this product? Do we need to stir it before using each time?

Used almond butter once awhile back, would like to give this a try.

As an aside, has anyone noticed the price of peanut butter (especially Kraft)? It seems to have nearly doubled from last year! I've seen it as high as 7.99 for a 1kg jar. I haven't seen any back to school sales on these this year either. Any idea what happened?

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 8:57 pm
by Anatomy
I OD'd on peanut butter as a kid and still can't eat the stuff but I love almond butter. I'll be hitting Costco here in Edmonton, AB tomorrow and will report back if this deal is also in the west

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 9:15 pm
by palmer
Yes stir very well because the natural oil separates, then throw in the fridge. Stir again if still runny after first times use from being in fridge to further mix and it will be fine. Of course it's not going to be like smooth Kraft peanut butter because it doesn't have a bunch of garbage in it.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 9:58 pm
by IndoShindo
For those complaining about it being runny, I always store mine upside down until I've finished half the container after that the 'watery' situation doesn't occur being right side up.

Posted: Sep 12th, 2012 10:37 pm
by taro-chan
IndoShindo wrote: For those complaining about it being runny, I always store mine upside down until I've finished half the container after that the 'watery' situation doesn't occur being right side up.
that's a good idea.
Still a good price for a big jar of tasty almond butter.