Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Hot deal for existing Rogers Internet customers & Free Wireless N Router!

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2009 3:48 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1599 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] Hot deal for existing Rogers Internet customers & Free Wireless N Router!

Update (December 12th):

While the free router promotion is over, the modem itself is still free and ongoing for new customers. Existing customers will not receive a $99 credit, unless they have one of the older modems (with the text on the front specifying so). If you did indeed miss out on this deal, thanks to Yohin05 - apparently Canada Computers is offering this deal with a Belkin Wireless N Router right now for $99. If someone could check out if the modem is old stock (which existing customers would qualify for) or if it's only for new customers and report back with their findings - that'd be awesome.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph ... 002&cid=NT

The Deal:

If your Internet is from Rogers, and you're a current customer - you can save $4.95 per month by eliminating the modem rental fee. Future Shop is currently selling the Rogers Internet Modem for $100 - and after activation, Rogers will credit back the $100 to your account (includes both taxes if you're lucky).

Since you now own the modem, you don't need to pay for the modem rental fees from Rogers. In addition, they're also including a free D-Link Wireless N Router with the Rogers modem.

Basically, you pay $13 for the Rogers Modem (or it's free if you got the representative to credit back taxes as well), a D-Link Wireless N Router, and get to save $5 each month. The discount works even if you have a bundle savings from Rogers. There's no contract or anything. If you're a new customer, you'll get 3 months for free and a $50 gas card.

Tips:

Even if you're an existing customer, you might be able to convince the Rogers representative to give you three months for free. Simply ask for it. Basically what they can do, is upgrade you a faster service for three months (consider you a new customer), and after the three months - downgrade back to your original speed (to avoid being charged for the higher speed). It really depends on the Rogers representative for what deal you get though, as some members have received both taxes back - while others, only one.

If you are a new customer, don't forget to ask for the $50 gas card mail-in coupon from Future Shop!

If you have difficulty, try quoting the promotional code W9S.

1950 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
4025 posts
16 upvotes
no... i got this deal as a existing customer... this is a scheme to make you downgrade your modem
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2003
1876 posts
80 upvotes
Thornhill
13sundin wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:15 pm
no... i got this deal as a existing customer... this is a scheme to make you downgrade your modem
I don't understand, why would Rogers want you to downgrade your modem?
Those who don't do it, don't get it.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2004
1237 posts
1 upvote
YorkDale Mall
13sundin wrote:
what do you means by downgrade your modem?
Jul 24, 2006
159 posts
4 upvotes
mmmken wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:10 pm
If your Internet is from Rogers, and you're a current customer - you can save $4.95 per month by eliminating the modem rental fee. Future Shop is currently selling the Rogers Internet Modem for $100 - and after activation, Rogers will credit back the $100 to your account (basically, you pay for the taxes only).

Since you now own the modem, you don't need to pay for the modem rental fees from Rogers. In addition, they're also including a free D-Link Wireless N Router with the Rogers modem.

Basically, you pay $13 for the Rogers Modem, a D-Link Wireless N Router, and get to save $5 each month. The discount works even if you have a bundle savings from Rogers. There's no contract or anything.
Sounds good if this really works, but why is Rogers crediting the $100?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
3741 posts
58 upvotes
Markham, ON
This thread is confusing.

-Why would Rogers credit back $100 to your account?
-Why would they want you to downgrade your modem?
-Why isn't it on Futureshop's website?
Apr 25, 2007
8 posts
13sundin wrote:
What do you mean scheme to downgrade your modem. Are the ones they sell slower?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1599 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
harry wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:16 pm
Do you know if this is specific to one store or nationwide? Which store did you go to?
What's the model of the cable modem?
Is the free router this one?
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 527&catid=

cheers,
harry.
I bought mine at the one in Markham (Warden/7), but I also work there - so you can look for me (Kenneth). Yep, that's the router.
13sundin wrote:
How is it a scheme to downgrade your modem?
Kwokinator88 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:32 pm
Sounds good if this really works, but why is Rogers crediting the $100?
No idea, but that's what they're doing.
yhap2003 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:34 pm
This thread is confusing.

-Why would Rogers credit back $100 to your account?
-Why would they want you to downgrade your modem?
-Why isn't it on Futureshop's website?
No idea why they're crediting the $100, but that's the offer. It's not a downgrade (unless proof is provided that the new modem is indeed slower). It's an in-store special only.
newssource wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 9:37 pm
What do you mean scheme to downgrade your modem. Are the ones they sell slower?
It feels the same as the old Motorola one, and unless hard evidence is given that it's slower - it's not.
Jul 19, 2006
547 posts
16 upvotes
Can someone confirm if it's a nation-wide promotion?
Any printouts?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1599 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
icebird144 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 10:00 pm
Can someone confirm if it's a nation-wide promotion?
Any printouts?
Why? You live in Markham, and I work at the Markham store.
× < >