[1010Tires] Hot deal on Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 tires at Tire Trends

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2011 1:43 am
Nov 26, 2003
720 posts
76 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres

[1010Tires] Hot deal on Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 tires at Tire Trends

A flat this weekend made me shop in advance for my next winter tires.

I know that there is a thread for winter tires but since it's now the end of the season for winter tires and the thread wasn't active anymore, I tought it deserves a separate thread.

I found a very hot deal at http://www.tiretrends.com/Winter-Tires- ... tireID=918

They have other brands but considering the price and the quality, their Gislaved are their best deal.

Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 are excellent tires, among the best you can find.

I just ordered 2 sets with no PST (I'm from Quebec)
205/50R17 : $524, shipping and GST included ($112 / tire + shipping)
225/75R16 : $470, shipping and GST included ($98 / tire + shipping)

Price per tire in stock are from $52 to $129.

I spoke to a friend that works at a tire shop, he just bought 16" inch tires and his cost was $155.

I think it worth it to buy in advance for next winter.

Be quick, the winter tires sales was supposed to end yesterday but it has ben extended until February 28.
Some reviews
http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_winterreife ... index.html
http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/ ... ordFrost+5

Wild Thing
31 replies
Jan 13, 2004
381 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
lame....Tire Trends blocks BC users from accessing their website...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1225 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
WildThing wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 12:56 pm
A flat this weekend made me shop in advance for my next winter tires...
I think it worth it to buy in advance for next winter.
Note that some people say you should get the freshest-manufactured tires you can because the rubber loses its cold-weather-grippiness over even a few seasons... I'm no expert, just putting it out there.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
720 posts
76 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
turbo_slug wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 1:06 pm
lame....Tire Trends blocks BC users from accessing their website...

Hum, strange. You may try to call? I would be very surprised that something limit them to sell to BC customers

Toll Free Canada: 877-920-TIRE(8473)
Local or International: 604-629-3430

TireTrends.com Enterprises Ltd.
#103 - 4848 275th Street
Langley, BC
CANADA V4W 0A3
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
720 posts
76 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
buyways wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 1:23 pm
Note that some people say you should get the freshest-manufactured tires you can because the rubber loses its cold-weather-grippiness over even a few seasons... I'm no expert, just putting it out there.

In fact I meant that I needed 4 tires right now. I was good for the rest of the winter but the flat can't be repaired so I need 4 new tires right now.

Wild Thing
Oct 14, 2009
96 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks a lot WildThing... Good timing!

Was about to order 4 new tires online... Mine will hardly finish this winter... So I order 4 x 215/60R16... Total including tx and shipping is C$ 457.63. I check review and globally they are appreciated.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
15 upvotes
North York
good deal @ $20 less per tire than when I ordered mine from them 2 months ago.
Nov 14, 2006
532 posts
51 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Thanks OP. I have the Nord Frost 3 (6th winter) and very happy with them.

What is approximate shipping cost?

I imagine you get them installed/balanced at a local garage. Can you say where (or if not, what neighbourhood)?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2138 posts
303 upvotes
Quebec
buyways wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 1:23 pm

i can confirm that.

i have bought few year ago a set of 4 brand new winter toyo garit HT that have 4 years old of manufacture already. they where REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD. the gum was so hard at 0 degres. i had no traction at all at -10.

before that, i had another set of toyo garit HT brand new newly manufatured, work 100%, was very satisfied, thats why i bought another set for my second car, but i did not about the manufactured date. now its the first thing i check on winter tires, then the thread use.

i think on the summer tires, its still important, but less.

how you store the tires have also an effect on the gum longitivity.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1551 posts
424 upvotes
Prince George
WildThing wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 1:25 pm
Hum, strange. You may try to call? I would be very surprised that something limit them to sell to BC customers
I called them last fall when I was looking for snow tires. They do not sell to BC any more, even though they are based here. I bought my last set of tires from them when they were over in Maple Ridge but they said they don't deal locally now.

Too bad for them. I went somewhere else.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
720 posts
76 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
breale01 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 3:28 pm

I imagine you get them installed/balanced at a local garage. Can you say where (or if not, what neighbourhood)?

For both of my purchase, shipping was 11.50 $ and 13 $ per tire, which is very reasonnable.

Yes I'll have them installed and balanced at a small local shop. About 12-18 $ / tire I assume.

Wild Thing
Jun 20, 2010
762 posts
119 upvotes
Thanked.

Early bird special for 205/55/16 was $590 installed from GFT and T23

This worked out to be $455.21 shipped. Add $50 for installation at my mech.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1012 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
Great tires. These are comparable to Hakka 5's but at half the cost. I've done a few winter Auto-X'es in my (studded) set and just drove on a frozen lake yesterday with them hehehe... Between now and early-mid summer is the best time to get winters when retailers are clearing them out (and to beat the rush as well).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
8309 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
these are excellent tires.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2509 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
breale01 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2011 3:28 pm

+1 I have nordfrost 3 and 4's on my car (ripped one of my 3's after first year and had to switch on a pair of 4's). this will be my third winter now with them. love them. very confident in them even with 15 cm of fresh snow on the ground.
× < >