None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6427 posts
2269 upvotes
Canada

Hot Deals is out of control

Please request or assign some moderators to delete all the useless thread-crapping drivel posted every time someone posts a deal.

Do we really need 300 replies every time someone posts a deal on X product and then all the fanboys come out and talk about how X is crap and Y is the best?

It's getting difficult just to find useful information any more.

People are being harassed to the point they are starting to stop posting a deal, because some clown doesn't like the deal posted.

It would be nice if the moderators would just delete everything useless they see.

Thanks
Share:
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4708 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
It's fine the way it is. I appreciate the feedback from the RFD community letting me know if a deal is in fact hot, or is not worth my time.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2947 posts
81 upvotes
East York
raspeed wrote:
Jun 4th, 2012 11:52 am
Please request or assign some moderators to delete all the useless thread-crapping drivel posted every time someone posts a deal.

Do we really need 300 replies every time someone posts a deal on X product and then all the fanboys come out and talk about how X is crap and Y is the best?

People are being harassed to the point they are starting to stop posting a deal, because some clown doesn't like the deal posted.

It would be nice if the moderators would just delete everything useless they see.

Thanks

I think it'd be better if you posted a specific example of the bolded so everyone can understand what the issue is. People having different opinions then each other isn't "fanboyism"
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4443 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
The problem is that a "hot deal" is very subjective. I think it would be better to separate it out, so that users post deals in a deals forum, or in the suitable item forum (e.g. a laptop deal would get posted in the computer forum), and then deals get voted up or down by users, with them being transferred automatically into the hot deals forum after reaching a certain threshold. That way all the deals in the hot deals forum will be deals the community agrees are pretty hot, instead of someone posting directly there and then a bunch of people arguing that it's not hot, and then some more people posting that the hot deals forum is full of cold deals, and then the OP posting that why should they try when people are just going to be jackasses.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
Jun 4th, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks
Can you please provide examples?
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
oranr wrote:
Jun 4th, 2012 1:40 pm
Can you please provide examples?

I assume one example includes this thread where he commented much in the same way:
raspeed wrote:
Jun 4th, 2012 11:49 am
I wish the moderators would just starting deleting thread crapping posts.
I'm tired of sifting through 99% drivel just to find useful information.
ymmv-futureshop-16-gb-playbook-open-box ... st14841685
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12783 posts
2236 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It got slightly better but can be much improved. I've reported many thread crapping posts that according to the new rules, said posts should be deleted. However I recall reading a moderator post somewhere saying that they go through hundreds of reports each day, and they themselves think that post is fine so they don't do anything about it.
Feb 11, 2007
881 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
The threadcrapping in this blackberry playbook thread is ridiculous. There are some posters who insist that a deal on a playbook can not exist regardless of the price.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12783 posts
2236 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
And here's some more. TD Rewards.

This is why I suggest the forums and moderators get overhauled. But sadly oranr says that won't happen.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11598 posts
1493 upvotes
So is discussing the potential of buying a hot deal to resell considered thread crapping now?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Thank you for all your feedback, discussion and opinions. This conversation is now closed.

Everything has been taken under advisement and will be discussed at our next Community Development Meeting.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD