Expired Hot Deals

[Hot!] Ecobee 3 Lite + 2 Free Sensors - $119 YMMV (Stack Lowes Coupon + Utility Rebate + Fathers Day Promo + Ebates)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 5:15 pm
[OP]
Oct 29, 2008
27 posts
44 upvotes

[Hot!] Ecobee 3 Lite + 2 Free Sensors - $119 YMMV (Stack Lowes Coupon + Utility Rebate + Fathers Day Promo + Ebates)

Deal Link:
Price:
$119
Savings:
$100 off
Expiry:
December 31, 2017
Hi All,

This deal is a little YMMV depending on how many of the discounts you can stack.
Best deal I've seen is $97.97 TAX IN for Ecobee3 Lite + 2 Free Room Sensors (This was the STAYUP 20% off Lowes Promo)
Now its about 124$ TAX IN with 15$ off from lowes + ebates

Updating with some of the tips from the forum:

- Canada-Wide Fathers day 2 Free Room sensor promo!! (89$ value) https://shop-ca.ecobee.com/products/ecobee3lite
- Utility 100$ Rebate (ON and AB), there may be some other ones, check with your utility provider
- Ordering on Lowes.ca sometimes they give you an online coupon (i.e. 10$ off 220$)
- Order thru RFD or GCR or Ebates cashback for Lowes.ca or equivalent. I think it might be 2% of 220 so $4.4

Links:
Ontarians in Enbridge Gas Distribution Area qualify for 100$ off. https://smartthermostats.ca/
Albertans are also eligible! https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/online ... ermostats/
Ontario Eligibility Requirements
The Rebate is available to participants who meet the following eligibility requirements: (1) your ecobee Learning Thermostat must control your primary heating source (electric baseboard heating is not eligible); (2) the residence that is linked to your ecobee Learning Thermostat must be located within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area; (3) your residence must be a single family home (detached, semi-detached, and townhouse homes only); (4) you must have an active ecobee account linked to your ecobee Learning Thermostat; (5) you must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your ecobee Learning Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to ecobee’s services; (6) you must activate your ecobee Learning Thermostat and submit an online Rebate application after January 1, 2017 and on or before December 31, 2017; and (7) agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and set out in the Program terms and conditions. Participants who reside in multi-unit residential buildings and condominiums are not eligible for the Rebate.
Last edited by J2daL on Jun 5th, 2017 8:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
349 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9839 posts
2307 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Seems like a solid deal. But do you actually need to renovate to qualify?
Who qualifies for the rebate:

This offer is only valid for Home Reno Rebate Program participants who have completed their post-renovation energy assessment. One rebate per address.
This offer is available to Union Gas customers and Non-Union Gas customers residing within the Union Gas program area
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6964 posts
1031 upvotes
Where do I buy for sale price?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2012 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal at that price!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1012 posts
128 upvotes
Markham
mic2074 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:07 am
Where do I buy for sale price?
its a rebate with enbridge. check the site in OP for more detail.
Jan 31, 2010
316 posts
86 upvotes
St. John's
Please include Enbridge rebate in the title
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2002 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto
Very good deal, I wonder if the price will drop even more during other sales this year. If anyone is wondering about the difference with the Ecobee3 and Ecobee3 Lite, here you go:
The ecobee3 lite is very similar to the ecobee3, but does not include support for whole home accessories such as HRVs, Ventilators, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers. But you still get all the other smart functions offered by the ecobee3; Wireless Sensors, Smart Home/Away, Follow Me, Smart Recovery, Schedule and Vacation settings, Home IQ, connection to Homekit/Amazon Echo/IFTTT/Smart Things and Wink, Alerts and Reminders and our Web Portal and Mobile App.

It still works with room sensors (if you need them). I have an HRV unit (Van-EE) with the digital controller. I've heard some people were able to control their HRV with the Ecobee3 but I can't find much info on it so the lite version might be best.

https://www.ecobee.com/faq/whats-the-di ... bee3-lite/
Jan 17, 2008
499 posts
84 upvotes
Yes, it looks like you need to renovate. I am in the middle of the whole process. Last week an Enbridge auditor came out to take some measurements. I'm currently getting the renos done. After the work is complete, the auditor comes back out and does the post-renovation assessment. They assign an energy score based on the difference between the first audit and 2nd audit. This 'energy score' determines the size of your Home Reno rebate. This thermostat rebate is like a bonus for people who had energy renos done to the home.

I think to quality for a home energy rebate, the bare minimum you need to do is replace your HVAC system... Although, someone told me that you could also qualify by adding or upgrading insulation to your attic/basement. Just make sure you get the pre-renovation audit done BEFORE beginning the work. If you get the work done first, the rebate is void. They need to see the house before and after the renovations. Hope that helps.
ceredon wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:02 am
Last edited by jestik on Jun 5th, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2002 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto
ceredon wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:02 am
jestik wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:51 am
Yes, it looks like you need to renovate. I am in the middle of the whole process. Last week an Enbridge auditor came out to take some measurements. I'm currently getting the renos done. After the work is complete, the auditor comes back out and does the post-renovation assessment. They assign an energy score based on the difference between the first audit and 2nd audit. This 'energy score' determines the size of your Home Reno rebate. This thermostat rebate is like a bonus for people who had energy renos done to the home.

I think to quality for a home energy rebate, the bare minimum you need to do is replace your HVAC system... Although, someone told me that you could also qualify the the Home Reno Rebate by changing and adding insulation to your attic/basement. Just make sure you get the pre-renovation audit done BEFORE beginning the work. If you get the work done first, the rebate is void. They need to see the house before and after the renovations. Hope that helps.
It looks like that is the condition if you live outside Ontario.

If you are in Ontario the requirements are:

• Your Smart Thermostat must control your primary heating source. (Natural gas, propane or oil. Electric heating is not eligible.)
  • The residence that is linked to your Smart Thermostat must be located within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area.
  • Your residence must be a single family home (detached, semi-detached, and townhouse homes only).
  • You must have an active ecobee, Honeywell or Nest account linked to your Smart Thermostat.
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to ecobee, Honeywell or Nest’s services.
  • You must activate your Smart Thermostat and submit an online application form for the incentive using a Redemption Tool between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017, and for the ecobee3 lite, between May 10, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
Last edited by redkulat on Jun 5th, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 29, 2008
27 posts
44 upvotes
I think installing an ecobee thermostat qualifies as a "renovation" to your home. Not sure about the "post-renovation" energy assessment but I know a few people who have successfully received this rebate before without any hassle. Seems to be handed out by the Utility companies pretty carefree.
Jan 17, 2008
499 posts
84 upvotes
I stand corrected. I saw what ceredon had posted and just replied to that without checking through the info myself.
redkulat wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 10:00 am

• Your Smart Thermostat must control your primary heating source. (Natural gas, propane or oil. Electric heating is not eligible.)
  • The residence that is linked to your Smart Thermostat must be located within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area.
  • Your residence must be a single family home (detached, semi-detached, and townhouse homes only).
  • You must have an active ecobee, Honeywell or Nest account linked to your Smart Thermostat.
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to ecobee, Honeywell or Nest’s services.
  • You must activate your Smart Thermostat and submit an online application form for the incentive using a Redemption Tool between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017, and for the ecobee3 lite, between May 10, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8097 posts
743 upvotes

What is the diff btw lite and none lite
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2002 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 10:10 am

What is the diff btw lite and none lite

The ecobee3 lite is very similar to the ecobee3, but does not include support for whole home accessories such as HRVs, Ventilators, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers. But you still get all the other smart functions offered by the ecobee3; Wireless Sensors, Smart Home/Away, Follow Me, Smart Recovery, Schedule and Vacation settings, Home IQ, connection to Homekit/Amazon Echo/IFTTT/Smart Things and Wink, Alerts and Reminders and our Web Portal and Mobile App.

https://www.ecobee.com/faq/whats-the-di ... bee3-lite/
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15010 posts
3975 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
It seems like I can get a $100 cheque rebate even though I'm in union gas territory. Am I off base here? Also I live in a condo so not sure if that disqualifies me....

edit - I don't qualify due to living in a condo :(

Also the hoops I'd have to jump through to get the $100 back from union gas (if I lived in a qualifying home) would be a major PITA and not worth it.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9839 posts
2307 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
redkulat wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks. I'm in Ontario but the site says I'm in a Union Gas delivery area, which I think means tougher requirements.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada