• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2014 1:40 am
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes

Hot food @ Save-On-Foods

Used to buy hot food at the Metrotown store of Save-On-Foods. Hot food like "Quarter of rotisserie chicken with potato wedges", cut-to-order "half a rotisserie chicken", "chicken pot pie", "potato wedges", "fried chicken pieces" etc.

With the Metrotown store closed, I went to the Save-On-Foods stores at New Westminster, both the Columbia St and Sapperton store. But it seems they don't sell hot food at those stores. Has Save-On-Foods stopped selling hot food?
15 replies
Mar 27, 2007
534 posts
40 upvotes
Okanagan
Probably only stopped in stores with no demand. They still have it in the interior stores.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Would have sworn I saw it in Langley a few weeks back.
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
can2do wrote: Probably only stopped in stores with no demand. They still have it in the interior stores.
The Columbia St and Sapperton store are "new" Save-On-Foods stores. They opened recently and would have no "data" on the demand for hot food.

Good to know they have not stopped the hot food service in the interior.
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Would have sworn I saw it in Langley a few weeks back.
I guess it's about time for me to shop at Safeway, all Safeway stores have hot food service.
Dec 6, 2005
422 posts
83 upvotes
The Metrotown Save-On closed? Nooooo

Anyways, where I live the Save-On had hot food (chicken, pot pie, potato wedges) the last time I checked. It is located in the deli section. I will double check and get back to you LOL
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
kayden wrote: The Metrotown Save-On closed? Nooooo

Anyways, where I live the Save-On had hot food (chicken, pot pie, potato wedges) the last time I checked. It is located in the deli section. I will double check and get back to you LOL
The Metrotown Save-On is closed because they are constructing the Station Square high rise condos at that location. The FutureShop in Metrotown at the same Station Square location is also closed, the FutureShop building has been demolished.
Aug 17, 2005
129 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
Just bought a half chicken with wedges at the Madison (Brentwood) location last week.
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
Yes, the Save-On at Madison, Brentwood has a hot food section. Ordered half chicken with wedges as well.

For New Westminster, Safeway at New West skytrain has hot food. Menu slightly different. The bonus for Safeway at New West skytrain is they have Chinese takeout food as well. That was a surprise.

Save-On at New Westminster and North Rd, Coquitlam all does not have hot food to-order. They sell mostly the pre-package type.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
T&T has hot food. Granted it's not Gwai Lo food but it's still pretty good.
Roasted meat is roasted meat. You just won't get potato wedges.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting. Will Safeway sell 1/2 chickens? whole chicken way too much for me. I might have to try Save on next time. Safeway is more convenient for me.
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: T&T has hot food. Granted it's not Gwai Lo food but it's still pretty good.
Roasted meat is roasted meat. You just won't get potato wedges.
T&T is good for their hot food. Besides the Chinese take-out, they have the dim sum as well. Only wish for T&T is they sell noodle in soup as well, such as wanton noodle, soy chicken noodle, beef noodle etc.
Nov 26, 2013
207 posts
30 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: Interesting. Will Safeway sell 1/2 chickens? whole chicken way too much for me. I might have to try Save on next time. Safeway is more convenient for me.
Safeway has a different menu from Save-On. They don't have the 1/2 chicken menu item. This is why I go to Save-On to buy 1/2 chicken and unfortunately, some Save-On locations seems to stop selling hot food..
Sep 30, 2009
212 posts
64 upvotes
Richmond
The Save On in Richmond has added more hot foods in the last few months. They have the usual and now soups others.