[Future Shop] HOT? FS: Kingston 2GB DDR2 Laptop or Desktop Memory - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2010 2:20 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2001
1202 posts
34 upvotes
Burnaby
Got 4x2gig desktop sticks at Futureshop for 15$ each, then 4x2gig sticks at Bestbuy for 7.69$ each! Excellent deal! Thanks!

hades
Feb 27, 2007
232 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal
I played it safe yesterday and picked up a few sticks at Future Shop. I went after 5pm today to get the price adjusted. Worked like a charm.

I tip my hat for those who got the price match at Best Buy. After a friend of mine struck out in person, i tried to order online and have it adjusted by the csr. Apparently, there's a clause in their policy that says they don't apply to, among other things, "limited time offers."

Gotta be grateful for the $15 sticks though, just the rfd'er in me that wanted an even better deal ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
217 upvotes
Ontario
You guys that were able to pm at BB, bastards!... all of you, hehe, kidding, good job :lol:
I was at work, my wife got a laptop one at FS, thanks OP!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1145 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has any extra sodimm memory bc they PM'd BB with their own receipt from FS, please PM me.
Aug 20, 2006
765 posts
128 upvotes
Just come back from BB r, refuse to PM :(

Went to FS . pick up a latop 2G . However ,I was looking for 2G for the desktop, but could not find one.
Aug 20, 2006
765 posts
128 upvotes
Riddick wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:17 pm
Woohoo, I took my FS receipt to BB for a PM and to my surprise, they accepted it. Got two sticks for $7.69 each!
Lucky, I did that too, but refused, because they said it is appreciation day sale.
Dec 20, 2006
436 posts
111 upvotes
It was OOS online and ISPU. Thanks God, I found one SODIMM at Northland FS when I stopped by at 7:00pm. Don't believe I can find it that late.

KK :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Got to Atwater/Forum location in Montreal, QC at 4:45pm today. I saw about 4-6 units of laptop ram and I think maybe 1 or 2 units of desktop ram. I picked up my too, some other customer came over and asked if I was there for the same ram deal. I too noticed it was listed at $16.66 online but I didn't care because even at that price it's firesale.

I held onto the 2 because I didn't know if these were the right models. Went to a laptop in the store to check online for the part number. Showed at $16.66 so I assumed it was a different model but then I noticed it was the same part number on the main futureshop page. The guy came back and told me it scanned at $15 anyway so I was relieved and went to pay for 2 units. That was all but 15-25mins and when I crossed the ram display on my way to the cash there was no more ram left. I guess everyone bought it out before 5pm.

I'm so glad I didn't hesitate to pick up these 2 and keep them on me from the first pass oh boy. There was some open box DDR2 Crucial memory for desktops and laptops $25-$30 too.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1938 posts
315 upvotes
I went to the FS Victoria store at 4:30pm today to pick up my ISPU order of 6 x 2GB desktop memory modules. The stupid clerk that had looked after filling my order, gave me 6 x 2GB Kingston flashdrives, the same ones that FS sold last week for 2.99 each.

Of course the store was sold out and the manager wasn't very sympathetic. He scribbled his name on my ISPU confirmation email printout and told me that I could get them in the future at the same price when they got more in. But I had to see just him to get the sale price. What an arse.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
adot111 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:58 pm
Lucky, I did that too, but refused, because they said it is appreciation day sale.
Same here, I went to BB and spend a hour their and they refused to price match.

First time I tried the sale said it was out of stock at Futureshop when they check online.

Second time I bring it up front they said right off the bat that FutureShop sale is limited offer so they won't price match!

Futureshop.ca had like 200 to start with and selling rate was about 3 items per second. I was watching it.

HOW...PEOPLE TEACH ME HOW TO PRICE MATCH. This is the second time I have PM at FutureShop/BestBuy in years and I have never had a success.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1247 posts
99 upvotes
Kingston ON
Thanks again to OP!
Got mine tonight from earlier web order with ispu - automatically gave me the Customer Appreciation price of $14.99 X 2.
FYI,
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
zoolander wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:43 pm
You guys that were able to pm at BB, bastards!... all of you, hehe, kidding, good job :lol:
I was at work, my wife got a laptop one at FS, thanks OP!
Which FutureShop did you wife went to? All (according to the net) except Peterbrough were sold out within Ontario. I didn't want to take the chance and drive everywhere around town to save a few bucks. I went for BestBuy to PM and I failed. And I was too mad of how much time I wasted at BB so didn't bother with FS.
hades wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:33 pm
Got 4x2gig desktop sticks at Futureshop for 15$ each, then 4x2gig sticks at Bestbuy for 7.69$ each! Excellent deal! Thanks!
hades
Dam...just how do you do that?
At FutureShop, its one per household limited/one per customer. How can you get 4 out the door and where?
BestBuy, what was the trick to PM? They won't do it for me. I tried two different sales.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Banned
Jan 23, 2009
270 posts
Canada
hades wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:33 pm
Got 4x2gig desktop sticks at Futureshop for 15$ each, then 4x2gig sticks at Bestbuy for 7.69$ each! Excellent deal! Thanks!Image
hades
Yeah, that's pretty cool. :)
Nov 24, 2007
860 posts
337 upvotes
Ordered 2 x laptop & desktop for ISPU. But I only picked up the laptop ram. So at South Edmonton Common there should be 2 desktop sticks at customer service.
Banned
Nov 3, 2007
91 posts
7 upvotes
Kamloops BC
achc wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:31 pm
HOW...PEOPLE TEACH ME HOW TO PRICE MATCH. This is the second time I have PM at FutureShop/BestBuy in years and I have never had a success.
It all depends on the store and the current staff. The Staples here will PM anything a Walmart with out a phone call because they dont believe anyone that works at Walmart knows anything and it is not worth talking to them on the phone. I took a print out to them of a MP3 player that Walmart was out of stock on for months 2 minutes later I got it for $25 reg $80
Its not free if I have to pay for something first