Mississauga
My m/c reporting my rams as PC5300 :( . The says it is PC6400 :mad:
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
canaboost wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:43 pm
It all depends on the store and the current staff. The Staples here will PM anything a Walmart with out a phone call because they dont believe anyone that works at Walmart knows anything and it is not worth talking to them on the phone. I took a print out to them of a MP3 player that Walmart was out of stock on for months 2 minutes later I got it for $25 reg $80
I did take a print out with me of FutureShop to BestBuy. I gave it to the guy and he went to Futureshop.ca to check right away and said there is no stock (online and in store).

When I came home, I notice Peterbrough has stock (according to the net) but when I went back, this time, instead of the sales people to do the checkout at the back, they took it up front to customer service and right away they said no as FutureShop is doing this only as a limited time offer.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
crasher wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:45 pm
My m/c reporting my rams as PC5300 :( . The says it is PC6400 :mad:
??? The RAM on sale is PC5300 at 667 MHz as stated clearly.
PC6400 @ 800 MHz is not on sale.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Jun 13, 2007
28 posts
Markham
I bought 3 sidomm, one says compatiable with pc6400, the other 2 say pc5300.

but the stickers on the 3 rams are all "RMN2-667/2G".
Banned
Nov 3, 2007
91 posts
7 upvotes
Kamloops BC
achc wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:49 pm
I did take a print out with me of FutureShop to BestBuy. I gave it to the guy and he went to Futureshop.ca to check right away and said there is no stock (online and in store).

When I came home, I notice Peterbrough has stock (according to the net) but when I went back, this time, instead of the sales people to do the checkout at the back, they took it up front to customer service and right away they said no as FutureShop is doing this only as a limited time offer.
I kinda thought BB would have a sale tonight too since they are the same company. I am sure if you send a Email in to the higher up's at BestBuy/FurtureShop and state your discuse with Best Buy Not being willing to comp there sister companys prices, and that not just BB will be losing your bissness but Future Shop as well. they should come clean on the comp. At the end of the day they are the same company and they should comp there own prices.
Its not free if I have to pay for something first
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
canaboost wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 11:00 pm
I kinda thought BB would have a sale tonight too since they are the same company. I am sure if you send a Email in to the higher up's at BestBuy/FurtureShop and state your discuse with Best Buy Not being willing to comp there sister companys prices, and that not just BB will be losing your bissness but Future Shop as well. they should come clean on the comp. At the end of the day they are the same company and they should comp there own prices.
If you pay attention to those two stores, you will find they NEVER have the exact same item on sale at the same time. I don't know why as they are the same company but it has never happened. In fact, some items are not even offer at BestBuy and they have it at FutureShop. Funny eh~ When you do online purchase, they are shipped from the exact location but the BestBuy shipment is one day slower.

What I am looking forward to is because the economy is so bad, after FutureShop did their sale, BestBuy will do one as well. And who knows, maybe I can get mine then as I am running on 1GB right now (2 year old stock laptop). I know US BestBuy have a Black Friday sale next week.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
ssun2 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:56 pm
I bought 3 sidomm, one says compatiable with pc6400, the other 2 say pc5300.

but the stickers on the 3 rams are all "RMN2-667/2G".
If you are talking about the Kingston memory sale of FutureShop, they only had the PC5300 on sale.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2001
1202 posts
34 upvotes
Burnaby
achc wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 10:37 pm
Dam...just how do you do that?
At FutureShop, its one per household limited/one per customer. How can you get 4 out the door and where?
BestBuy, what was the trick to PM? They won't do it for me. I tried two different sales.
I didn't notice the "one/household", and I still don't see that on the FS website.

I ordered mine online for in-store pickup (Coquitlam). There was no problem, picked it up and walked out. Got in the car, drove across the street to Bestbuy, got 4 sticks off the shelf (there were 10), and went to the cashier. Gave her the FS receipt and she whipped out her calculator and off it went.

I always deal with cashiers, have either a printout or receipt ready. If that doesn't work, I go back to the actual department.

hades
Nov 15, 2007
579 posts
144 upvotes
Successfully PM in Bestbuy, bought 4 @ $7.69 each :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2847 posts
239 upvotes
hades wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 11:10 pm
I didn't notice the "one/household", and I still don't see that on the FS website.

I ordered mine online for in-store pickup (Coquitlam). There was no problem, picked it up and walked out. Got in the car, drove across the street to Bestbuy, got 4 sticks off the shelf (there were 10), and went to the cashier. Gave her the FS receipt and she whipped out her calculator and off it went.

I always deal with cashiers, have either a printout or receipt ready. If that doesn't work, I go back to the actual department.

hades
I see the trick now. I recall the '1 per household' mention on FutureShop website did not start until 5pm. If you were on their site before then, you can order as many as you want provide the store have it in stock for ISPU. Starting at 5pm, they show limited amount (200?) and 1 per household. They will simply not allow you to add more then one qty to your cart.

And as for fooling BestBuy, with the receipt at the cashier, I guess you are lucky. I did one try with the cashier as well up front, they said 'o, for pm, you have to pay at the customer service' and those guys know right off about the FutureShop sale was limited time offer. I tried at the backcounter (computer section) but that guy took my product and took it up front (2nd fail) and was told by the same guy at customer service.

I had print out but I guess with receipt of a just purchase from FutureShop, it would have had a higher chance and it all depends on the luck you have with the people there.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Jun 13, 2007
28 posts
Markham
achc wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 11:07 pm
If you are talking about the Kingston memory sale of FutureShop, they only had the PC5300 on sale.
I checked it again, the print text is "RMN2-800/2G" , the bar code sticker attached to the paper is "RMN2-667/2G". I guess they made a mistake.
Jan 11, 2007
65 posts
to quote the label on the RAM (only some of them have this):
Compatible
800MHz (PC6400)
667MHz (PC5300)
533MHz (PC4200)

the rest just say:
Compatible
667MHz (PC5300)
533MHz (PC4200)

they are the same SKU, I even confirmed this with a futureshop salesperson.
Nov 20, 2003
274 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
I ordered my "memories" around 1pm pst @ $16.66, was afraid to wait till the site changes to 14.99 at like 2pm? could've been sold out by the time hits.

and I had no limit on how many to purchase at the time. I did noticed a limit of 1 at 2:30ish

I wonder who ordered the most on a single order. :D
Sep 4, 2008
637 posts
71 upvotes
New Westminster
hades wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 11:10 pm

hades
u got so lucky! that bestbuy ALWAYS gives me lame excuses. i didnt even bother this time. partly because i have exams to study for as well =)

anyways, i tihnk FS and BB should consolidate their policy on this price match thing. we want PM goodness all around!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10666 posts
889 upvotes
ordered at yonge/eglington but in the end couldn't make it down there to pick it up since things came up...damn it!