• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2010 2:20 pm
Sep 26, 2007
658 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
kaimui22 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:07 pm
has anyone ever considered the fact that....the item you have bought for ISPU might NOT be the one that is going to be on sale?
I mean...they could very well have the sku or serial numbers off by a letter or a number to make it NOT the same item that will be on sale tonight

it might be the same product but they could easily make one and the other 2 different products by altering the product number...

e.g. the one on the website now is 12345 and the one to be on sale could be 12345-a....

if this happens, i don't think anyone can get a pricematch because they will say it's 2 different products..

Well if that the case then we just tell them that we don't want the memory when we pick up. Remember, they only charge on your CC when you are picking it up.
Nov 26, 2007
135 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Then slap on the ISPU order on CS face to cancel and grab the one on sale.
kaimui22 wrote:
has anyone ever considered the fact that....the item you have bought for ISPU might NOT be the one that is going to be on sale?
I mean...they could very well have the sku or serial numbers off by a letter or a number to make it NOT the same item that will be on sale tonight

it might be the same product but they could easily make one and the other 2 different products by altering the product number...

e.g. the one on the website now is 12345 and the one to be on sale could be 12345-a....

if this happens, i don't think anyone can get a pricematch because they will say it's 2 different products..
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
and dont forget the other costs if everyone returns theirs; the added employee costs; administrative costs, etc etc

and the bad will, negative publicity, marketing etc etc....
Nov 26, 2007
135 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't miss the memory sale of the year.
zickvon wrote:
Oh, I hate you guys! Don't need any, but as everyone here is buying, I ordered too. Evil RFD :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3396 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
a in yul wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:35 pm
and dont forget the other costs if everyone returns theirs; the added employee costs; administrative costs, etc etc

and the bad will, negative publicity, marketing etc etc....
Huh? employees are not gonna work overtime to process returns, and how would administrative cost go up (the paper they use to print your receipt)?.
How would anything equate to bad will or negative publicity?, it's not like a bait and switch scam.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10894 posts
2486 upvotes
rivet wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:20 pm
Is the desktop ram ddr2 667 or 800?

If it's the one we are all hoping it is, then it's 667 according to the specs on FS's site!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3818 posts
26 upvotes
zickvon wrote:
Oh, I hate you guys! Don't need any, but as everyone here is buying, I ordered too. Evil RFD :twisted:

Lol...you are not alone..just ordered and ISPU confirmed already.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3479 posts
1327 upvotes
Anjou, QC
a in yul wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 12:19 pm
any ideas if this works on the acer aspire 1, AA1 or the MSI wind netbooks..?
the acer aspire one only takes a maximum 1gb in its slot.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
its not a question of overtime per se; but rather that the salespeople being productive doing 1 thing would instead be busy processing returns resulting in less productivity..

a more simplistic approach is defining returns as "extra paper" etc but there are added costs; including non dollar value costs created by the negative goodwill....

in short; i dont think FS is irresponsible and is not aware of the spike in sales of this product;

i dont see any purpose or objective in FS risking alienating smart shoppers by having a slight modification in product id...do u?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
NonStopInTheMix wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:46 pm
the acer aspire one only takes a maximum 1gb in its slot.

thank you, i will look into this memory being compatible with the MSI wind...
Jul 17, 2008
39 posts
a in yul wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:49 pm
thank you, i will look into this memory being compatible with the MSI wind...
There's a good site you can use to scan your PC to see what
RAM is compatible with your PC or laptop.

It is:

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

You can start the system scan and will provide
you with the info.

Crucial is another company that makes RAM.
I used this scan on my other PC's and laptop's and works
well. Tells you what you have, and what is compatible.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1485 posts
99 upvotes
Guelph
Just got home from my local Futureshop, with a $14.99 2 gb Kingston ram stick, valued at $59.99 (Futureshop cost $40).

After showing a person in the computer department the link on this first page, the person (after phoning his manager one or two times) took me to the check out and I left with the purchase and 3 stunned Futureshop employees behind me.

Mission Accomplished, Let the RFD Hounds Out :) .
Nom nom nom.
May 23, 2007
547 posts
15 upvotes
Wasteland
does someone on here considers PM BB when sale starts? did anyone PMed limited time offers by BB or FS before? I mean each weekly flyer from FS is kind of limited offer too, but BB will PM any item from it no problem. Also any tips on possible arguments with CS representative at the time of PM?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
Striker-GTA wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 1:55 pm
There's a good site you can use to scan your PC to see what
RAM is compatible with your PC or laptop.

It is:

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

You can start the system scan and will provide
you with the info.

Crucial is another company that makes RAM.
I used this scan on my other PC's and laptop's and works
well. Tells you what you have, and what is compatible.
thank you for the link. since i do not have access to the WIND here; i tried it on my HP 6935ca; unfortunately i got the blue screen of death,