Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] HOT!! - FS Lenovo N581 IdeaPad i3-3110 750gb 8gb HDMI Intel4000 USB3.0 $449

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2012 6:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad, nice find. I haven't used Windows 8 myself but I'm sure the learning curve can't be that bad. I sure do miss XP going to Windows 7 and I'll likely feel the same about Win 8.
Posting to the front page.
Oct 22, 2012
73 posts
2 upvotes
Configuration looks good and decent. Only concern is with the OS "Windows 8", how it will work. So far, I have received a mixed review on windows 8. Is it user friendly?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32242 posts
5379 upvotes
adamowens798 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2012 4:25 pm
Configuration looks good and decent. Only concern is with the OS "Windows 8", how it will work. So far, I have received a mixed review on windows 8. Is it user friendly?
Probably will be much user friendly with touch screen features but this Canadian deal is nevertheless very good.
Sep 5, 2010
583 posts
54 upvotes
all windows 8 customers come into, scarb west fs friday, 5-9, kennedy FS sat 1-5, and sun bb progress 1-5. will be demoing windows 8 and giving out free stuff!
Sep 5, 2010
583 posts
54 upvotes
the acer touch screen is the best selling laptop right now. best integration with win 8
Mar 21, 2008
287 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Would be a great laptop for the average World Wide Web user or Skype user. Seems to have a good battery life for movies on the go. Unfortunately it comes with an integrated graphics chipset, with an Impressive 8GB of RAM.
Feb 8, 2007
402 posts
11 upvotes
I'm returning mine tomorrow. On paper it looks like great specs for the price but I was very disappointed in the HD4000 video card and overall performance compared to my Windows 7 AMD Gateway NV52 which should have been slower but performs way better in practice especially when it comes to any sort of gaming. The laptop isnt comfortable to use, the edges are hard and sharp and the touchpad has a wierd sticky feeling to it. I wouldn't recommend it.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
Intel HM76 Express =/= Intel HD 4000?
Unless the Specs on FS are wrong, I'm pretty sure it's not the Intel HD 4000 that's in your Lenovos
Feb 8, 2007
402 posts
11 upvotes
HM76 is the motherboard chipset, HD4000 is the video device according to the documentation and my device manager.
Nov 1, 2004
740 posts
22 upvotes
Do you have the link to the acer laptop? I hope it's cheap.
sony17 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2012 8:16 pm
the acer touch screen is the best selling laptop right now. best integration with win 8
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
wpgcabby wrote:
Oct 29th, 2012 10:35 pm
HM76 is the motherboard chipset, HD4000 is the video device according to the documentation and my device manager.
Hate it when Retailers don't put the proper information on their websites > :(
testinz wrote:
Oct 29th, 2012 11:07 pm
Do you have the link to the acer laptop? I hope it's cheap.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix-me- ... s-1248596/
Dec 7, 2012
1 posts
KELOWNA
Not trying to revive old threads, but as this deal is still on I thought I'd add to the topic.

I honestly don't believe what Futureshop has listed for the battery capacity is correct. Everywhere I've looked, including Lenovo's own site for this model, lists the battery capacity at 4400 mAh. As Futureshop is known to screw up the specs on their website for things they sell quite a bit, I'm inclined to believe the various reviews out there and Lenovo's own site for the true capacity of the battery.

I see that someone mentioned they are returning this laptop because it didn't meet expectations for their usage. It is unfortunate that is the case, but knowing that it has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 chipset, I'm not sure what you expected out of it for gaming. This is clearly not a gaming system, not even close. While the HD 4000 is a much better performer than the HD 3000, it is still by no means ready to play modern games on anything but 720p resolution and the lowest settings. HD video playpack and media streaming though won't hold this back at all.

I'll be able to play with this system tonight when I get home from work, as I've got it reserved for my brother and he will be picking it up in a few hours. For the price, I can't find anything out there that is a better value for the performance. Aside from the display (resolution could be higher, contrast better, but for this price point this is what you get), the hardware configuration for the price point is top-notch. As this won't be used for gaming at all (maybe some casual titles here and there), and is used as a general purpose machine for web browsing, media streaming, file sharing, and video playback natively or to his HDTV, this should be more than ample and last quite a few years before it shows its age.
× < >