Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

HOT!! Future Shop - $0 BB 8900, $50 BB Storm + more

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2009 1:41 am
Dec 22, 2007
364 posts
20 upvotes

[Future Shop] HOT!! Future Shop - $0 BB 8900, $50 BB Storm + more

Future Shop will have..

Rogers Blackberry 8900 on for $0 (with a 3 year agreement) .. This is $225 less than everywhere else!

Bell Blackberry Storm for $50 (with a 3 year agreement) .. This is $200 less than everywhere else! You can either take it for $50, or pay $200 and get a free 15" TV

Telus LG Dare.. 2 for $50 + a free laptop (not sure which one?)

OR a free 15" TV with any Bell smartphone (Palm, Windows, Blackberry, or HTC)

..Best Buy will have similar promotions as well running this weekend only (Fri, Sat, Sun)
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
wow i got my storm for $200 on a 3-year on sale. great deal.
Jul 27, 2004
2245 posts
669 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
invisible wrote: Future Shop will have..

Rogers Blackberry 8900 on for $0 (with a 3 year agreement) .. This is $225 less than everywhere else!

Bell Blackberry Storm for $50 (with a 3 year agreement) .. This is $200 less than everywhere else! You can either take it for $50, or pay $200 and get a free 15" TV

Telus LG Dare.. 2 for $50 + a free laptop (not sure which one?)

OR a free 15" TV with any Bell smartphone (Palm, Windows, Blackberry, or HTC)

..Best Buy will have similar promotions as well running this weekend only (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Any links or scans?

Also (kinda OT): are the big 3 trying to lock people in before the cell market is opened up (is this still happening?)...

Wanna get a new smartphone, but don't want to lock into a contract if it's gonna be a total ripoff...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
etherboy wrote: Any links or scans?

Also (kinda OT): are the big 3 trying to lock people in before the cell market is opened up (is this still happening?)...

Wanna get a new smartphone, but don't want to lock into a contract if it's gonna be a total ripoff...
i say if ur getting a good deal off a phone, an a ok rate plan, then go for it.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2245 posts
669 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
trixR4kids wrote: i say if ur getting a good deal off a phone, an a ok rate plan, then go for it.
Thanks for the info... will look into this sale...
Aug 15, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
I saw this in the Toronto Star today. Either in the World section or Greater Toronto section can't remember right now. And the laptop OP mentioned is an ACER netbook, I believe they claimed that the value is $399.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5485 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
the laptop that was offered in the BB flyer was Acer Aspire One I am assuming its gonna be the same for FS as well
Jan 30, 2009
702 posts
83 upvotes
Victoria
Is this currently on sale now or starting this weekend?

My Pa is going to get a blackberry today but I will tell him to hold off until this weekend if that's the case...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12139 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
Is this for new customers only?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
squall458 wrote: Is this for new customers only?
99% yes, hardware upgrades are done through rogers/telus/bell, while this deal is a futureshop thing, and futureshop and other retailers make money selling new cores, and make very little selling upgrades.
Jan 25, 2007
220 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you need to get a minimum data plan or can it be just on a voice package?
May 11, 2004
79 posts
1 upvote
tomthegreat wrote: 99% yes, hardware upgrades are done through rogers/telus/bell, while this deal is a futureshop thing, and futureshop and other retailers make money selling new cores, and make very little selling upgrades.
Not true, I have done two upgrades at the Future Shop already. Bought times, I took an iphone. If this deal was in place then, I would of taken a Curve instead.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2625 posts
503 upvotes
Thornhill
Wow. This is really hot. But for anyone who's interested I. The BB Storm, I suggest waiting. They're making version 2.0, with a completely revamped screen and with wi-fi, which imho is essential for data devices.
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
blahzay163 wrote: Not true, I have done two upgrades at the Future Shop already. Bought times, I took an iphone. If this deal was in place then, I would of taken a Curve instead.
So you got the promo pricing for the iphone, twice? that's different since apple said that if you were signing on a contract you got the iphone for a lower price.

Any hardware upgrade is done through rogers, and it shows up on your bill, so unless your futureshop rep phones rogers and somehow gets them to lower the price of the phone, these are just new line activations.

But if you are not on contract anymore, you could port your number to a new account and keep your number, but get the promo pricing, but you would have to get a new plan as well.
May 11, 2004
79 posts
1 upvote
tomthegreat wrote: So you got the promo pricing for the iphone, twice? that's different since apple said that if you were signing on a contract you got the iphone for a lower price.

Any hardware upgrade is done through rogers, and it shows up on your bill, so unless your futureshop rep phones rogers and somehow gets them to lower the price of the phone, these are just new line activations.

But if you are not on contract anymore, you could port your number to a new account and keep your number, but get the promo pricing, but you would have to get a new plan as well.
I was able to do a hardware upgrade through Future Shop for my own line 3 months ago. I also helped my friend two weeks ago get an Iphone through Future Shop on a hardware upgrade with Rogers as well. Only reason I chose this method than calling Rogers, is cause I was able to get the iPhone the same day instead of waiting for it to be delivered. They will not charge you anything. It will be on your next Rogers bill, the charge for the iphone. Which in my case was $224.99. Hope that helps.
Jan 30, 2009
702 posts
83 upvotes
Victoria
Can someone please tell me if this deal is on now or this weekend??

I don't see anything on the FutureShop site about a 0.00$ Curve, link?
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
blahzay163 wrote: I was able to do a hardware upgrade through Future Shop for my own line 3 months ago. I also helped my friend two weeks ago get an Iphone through Future Shop on a hardware upgrade with Rogers as well. Only reason I chose this method than calling Rogers, is cause I was able to get the iPhone the same day instead of waiting for it to be delivered. They will not charge you anything. It will be on your next Rogers bill, the charge for the iphone. Which in my case was $224.99. Hope that helps.
i'm not saying you CAN'T do a hardware upgrade through futureshop, I'm saying the price will be nowhere close to what they are offering for new accounts/lines.
There would be no way to get the curve 8900 for $0 at futureshop (or anywere) if you want to upgrade your current account.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2245 posts
669 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Can't wait to see the flyer now...

I'm liking the 8900... but I was kinda set on a touchphone...

The phone I really want is the iPhone... as silly as that is...
Dec 22, 2007
364 posts
20 upvotes
Prices in effect now!!! They end Sunday though so act fast!!!
Jan 17, 2006
959 posts
302 upvotes
Mississauga
etherboy wrote: Wanna get a new smartphone, but don't want to lock into a contract if it's gonna be a total ripoff...
I think this is an awesome price for the Storm, back when I bought my storm it was $649 by itlsef and $249 with the 3y plan and the highest fee for cancelling the contract is $400 so I figured if I ever want to cance is like I paid full price for the phone so I don't feel tied to my contract... and the cancellation fee goes down slowly during the contract term...

At this price I definately would go for it...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)