Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT: Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT navigator $169.99 shipped at Costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2011 11:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…

[Costco] HOT: Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT navigator $169.99 shipped at Costco.ca

This thing has Real time traffic, Bluetooth, Lifetime map updates and much more - $169.99 shipped. It normally retails for about $230.

The lifetime mapping alone sells for $70 - and having Bluetooth is a real plus.

[IMG]http://content.costco.ca/Images/Content ... 31c_EN.jpg[/IMG]

Features:

Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): (internal speaker)
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation): (with junction view)
Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation)
Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road)
Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
Bluetooth® wireless technology
FM traffic compatible: (receiver and lifetime traffic included)
Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection)
ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route)
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device)
Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device)
Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
Picture viewer
Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature)
Touchscreen

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... opnav=&s=1
46 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
It's a very nice GPS, It was $200 (after $50 OFF) at costco back in November 2010.

I wish they drop the price on 1490LMT as it has a 5" screen.
Jan 11, 2011
98 posts
163 upvotes
HOT for sure

Best Buy has the 1390T for $199.99 and Future Shop is $249.99 on this exact one!
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
I picked up a 1450LMT for $199 yesterday by PMing at BB with gpscity.ca. I think the 5 inch screen alone is worth the extra cost if you don't need the bluetooth.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
I am waiting for the nuvi 2460LMT to go below 200.00 > :(
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-1450LMT-Po ... B002RL8H1Y

Garmin nüvi 1450LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates
rice: $188.33 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
bingo_jake wrote: It's a very nice GPS, It was $200 (after $50 OFF) at costco back in November 2010.

I wish they drop the price on 1490LMT as it has a 5" screen.

US DEAL -Garmin nüvi 1450LMT 5-Inch GPS with Lifetime Map & Traff.-$188.33

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-1450LMT...d_i=B002RL8H1Y

Garmin nüvi 1450LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates
rice: $188.33 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Mar 20, 2006
229 posts
3 upvotes
It's hot if you need one right now, otherwise cold.

"Tomorrow" 1490LMT could be had for $150. GPSs are dropping faster than rocks.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
rv2843 wrote: It's hot if you need one right now, otherwise cold.

"Tomorrow" 1490LMT could be had for $150. GPSs are dropping faster than rocks.
By 'could be' you suggest that that pricing trends downward . . true enough.

But how long do most of us want to wait? This is a good deal today. If you want to buy something cheaper, the 265WT is $119 at costco.ca if you are looking to push the pricing envelope - same lifetime traffic, but no lane assist or lifetime maps.

The difference between the 1390 and 1490 is that the 1490 has a larger display, has 10 routes (which few, if any use) and supports multiple ordered destinations (which I find useful) where the 1390 does not. The 1490 commands a $20 premium at retail.

The larger screen is a negative for me - I find 4.3 inches on my windshield to be the perfect size - bigger tends to be too intrusive and distracting.
Dec 2, 2007
362 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
169.99 is a great deal for this GPS. I have both a 4.3 and a 5 inch Garmin GPS and I find that I have much less character inputing errors with the 5 inch version. The characters are closer together in the 4.3 version even compared to the old 3.5 inch Garmin's because they have both the alphabet and the numerics on the same screen. I never had inputing errors on my old Garmin 360 (3.5) before but typing things in the 4.3 inch screen can be frustating. However, I do agree that if you have a smaller car, the 4.3 inch is a better size. The 5 inch is more suitable for a larger vehicle with a big windshield.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
I haven't bought the 1390 myself - I have a 760 in my car and a Zumo 660 on my motorcycle. If I upgrade it will likely be to a 3790, which has a smaller screen than even the 1390. But some of the things that Garmin has done to more recent models really turn me off - so this was a post for the sake of popularising a hot deal for others.

However, I have had a lot of navigators in the past and my 760 has a 4.3 inch screen - the numerics are also on a separate screen - I have had no issues typing on the 760. The new series' full QWERTY keyboard on the 4.3" display hasn't been an issue for me on the display units in Costco and on units in friends' cars . . .
Nov 24, 2003
423 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed one of these, I was looking for a low-end GPS, and was leaning towards a 265WT, but the lifetime maps seemed worth it on this one. I bought (and returned) a GPS 2 yrs ago, the maps were just too out of date in my area. Quick delivery to Ottawa, I put in the order on Monday and it came Wed.
Feb 2, 2008
583 posts
394 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rv2843 wrote: ...GPSs are dropping faster than rocks.

The fact that more and more people have smartphones with this functionality already built-in has got to be scaring the heck out of Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
goathead wrote: I grabbed one of these, I was looking for a low-end GPS, and was leaning towards a 265WT, but the lifetime maps seemed worth it on this one. I bought (and returned) a GPS 2 yrs ago, the maps were just too out of date in my area. Quick delivery to Ottawa, I put in the order on Monday and it came Wed.

never had gps before,sorry for silly question:why need lifetime maps? anyway,we won't use gps for life and road won't change that much.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
947 upvotes
smartie wrote: never had gps before,sorry for silly question:why need lifetime maps? anyway,we won't use gps for life and road won't change that much.

Because roads and highways DO change that much.

Also, it increases the resale value if you won't keep it for long, as you suggest. No one is going to buy a second-hand GPS with old maps, but if you get one with lifetime maps the value is much higher.
Nov 24, 2003
423 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote: never had gps before,sorry for silly question:why need lifetime maps? anyway,we won't use gps for life and road won't change that much.

This may depend to some extent on where you live. Last time I bought one, there were a couple of new roads in my area that weren't on there, and it caused it to give me lousy directions from my house. We took a trip with it to the maritimes, and lots of roads were missing. Even a couple of roads that have been changed causes a problem ( for 2 hours across new brunswick, the GPS thought we were driving thru a field).
May 8, 2007
46 posts
6 upvotes
Halifax
dumb question... is lifetime maps locked to the particular unit or if i upgrade/change to another garmin could i switch my lifetime maps to that unit?
May 29, 2006
497 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
goathead wrote: ... for 2 hours across new brunswick, the GPS thought we were driving thru a field.

Same here to Fredericton and we were on Trans Canada highway not little street in new subdivision.
May 29, 2006
497 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
drbadskwerl wrote: dumb question... is lifetime maps locked to the particular unit or if i upgrade/change to another garmin could i switch my lifetime maps to that unit?

lifetime maps is locked to only one device.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)