Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IBM

HOT: IBM Certified Macbook Pro Mid 2014 i5, 8GB, 128GB, Extended Warranty $950

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2016 2:27 pm
Tags:
Dec 19, 2011
911 posts
500 upvotes
Brampton

[IBM] HOT: IBM Certified Macbook Pro Mid 2014 i5, 8GB, 128GB, Extended Warranty $950

Deal Link:
Price:
More offers from IBM
Hot deal considering it includes 1 year extended warranty from IBM

Edit: There is a confusion around whether this comes with Retina display or not. Not a hot deal if not a Retina MBP.

Use promo code ibmepp for $70 off the price of $1020 bringing the total down to $950 + tax.

http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/we ... logId=-124

Thanks aviador!
aviador wrote: The laptop's ID and specs are confusing at IBM.

If you look at it in the the laptop listing its specs are MBP released mid 2014 i5/15"/128GB/8GB/CDRW(????). In its own item webpage it shows i5/13.3" (=/= to previous description)/128GB/8GB/CDRW(????)

Perhaps peeps interested in this deal should call IBM to confirm model ID and detailed specs before ordering.

Maybe useful:
126 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2008
1007 posts
337 upvotes
Are there different ratings levels on IBM? What state is "Slightly Blemished" usually?

And why does this one come with no operating system when all the other Macs on the site do? Is that a problem or easily solvable?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5785 posts
810 upvotes
1C5 wrote: Are there different ratings levels on IBM? What state is "Slightly Blemished" usually?

And why does this one come with no operating system when all the other Macs on the site do? Is that a problem or easily solvable?
Regarding OS, since all Macs obviously ship with MacOS, if it's totally wiped when you get it all you have to do is connect to the internet and it will download a fresh copy from Apple.

Note it will download the original shipping OS, it won't automatically download the latest version through internet recovery. You'll just have to go through with the upgrade to El Capitan after the original OS is installed on a blank drive.

Alternately you can create an install USB w/ El Capitan on another Mac and install off that.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4233 upvotes
are you sure it's retina? .... retina versions dont include the CD rom which this one says it does .....so it's conflicting info in the site because the last non-retina pro was 2012 ...this one says 2014
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Not a retina. This is a 13 non retina which is still available. There are 2014 versions.
Mar 25, 2006
317 posts
237 upvotes
it doesn't say anywhere it's retina. Based on description, these should be non retina pros.
pongster wrote: are you sure it's retina? .... retina versions dont include the CD rom which this one says it does .....so it's conflicting info in the site because the last non-retina pro was 2012 ...this one says 2014
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
since when did 2 year old laptops are considered HOT @ $1k?
Oct 22, 2004
534 posts
130 upvotes
Because they have an apple with a bite out of it on the cover, you see.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
badsha wrote: since when did 2 year old laptops are considered HOT @ $1k?
Because Apple.
Dec 11, 2010
728 posts
698 upvotes
badsha wrote: since when did 2 year old laptops are considered HOT @ $1k?
Apple still have not release their MBP yet this year, possibly because their last gens are good enough to compete with other laptops.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5785 posts
810 upvotes
blurx wrote: Apple still have not release their MBP yet this year, possibly because their last gens are good enough to compete with other laptops.
Also has to do with Intel not being able to fufill demand for the CPUs they're looking for.

MBP 13" will use 28W CPU's w/ Iris 550 most likely which aren't widely available right now - even 15W w/ Iris 540 chips are still rare (they're being used though in Dell XPS13), and 15" will use the Quad Core variants w/ Iris Pro. Yields were an issue for Quad Core Broadwell w/ Iris Pro 6200 so Apple kept the existing Haswell w/ Iris Pro 5200 for the last 15" refresh.
Dec 28, 2011
664 posts
419 upvotes
OAKVILLE
It doesn't seem to include the extended warranty either. Says it's $84.15 for 1 year.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
says "slightly blemished" on that invoice. Does that mean physical or cosmetic damage ?

Comes with 2014 i5, which is gen 4 ?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1073 posts
451 upvotes
does ibm ever offer macbook air for sale? I might want to wait for those if they are available...
Banned
Feb 6, 2016
128 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Are these
a. new blemished unsold stock
b. blemished store demo units
c. blemished off lease units

if B or C then not worth it
Banned
Feb 6, 2016
128 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I wonder why this is

IBM prefers the terms "notebook" or "portable computer" rather than "laptop." Users are reminded not leave your computer, AC adapter, or accessories in contact with your lap or any part of your body for an extended period when the products are functioning or when the battery is charging.

Is it due to heat or radiation zapping my man parts

Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
hrvatskaaah wrote: I wonder why this is

IBM prefers the terms "notebook" or "portable computer" rather than "laptop." Users are reminded not leave your computer, AC adapter, or accessories in contact with your lap or any part of your body for an extended period when the products are functioning or when the battery is charging.

Is it due to heat or tradition zapping my man parts
Do what they say, or no kids...