Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

HOT!! Loblaws Clearance sale on BBQs and patio equipment

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2012 12:15 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2007
90 posts
55 upvotes
York

[Loblaws] HOT!! Loblaws Clearance sale on BBQs and patio equipment

Just came from Loblaws at Bayview and Hwy7 and they have a huge sidewalk clearance sale on BBQs and patio furniture. There was was a big crowd in front of the store. I didn't have my phone to take pics but they had 42000BTU BBQ for $99 and a 62000BTU Natural Gas Stainless Steel BBQ for $179 (reg $329)

Sorry I don't have more information like models/specs. \if anyone goes there, please add to my post.
21 replies
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
How can something be marked as a HOT sale when these bbqs are going to rot away in a couple of years. They are garbage. Oh sorry, the purchaser is going to be HOT under the collar when he has to throw this out after wasting his money on this garbage.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
isitin wrote: How can something be marked as a HOT sale when these bbqs are going to rot away in a couple of years. They are garbage. Oh sorry, the purchaser is going to be HOT under the collar when he has to throw this out after wasting his money on this garbage.
$99, use it for two years then throw away. Thats the way it goes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
isitin wrote: How can something be marked as a HOT sale when these bbqs are going to rot away in a couple of years. They are garbage. Oh sorry, the purchaser is going to be HOT under the collar when he has to throw this out after wasting his money on this garbage.
A friend of mine bought one of those PC stainless steel grills a few years ago and what you described is exactly what happened. It looked nice the first month, but the rust, failing parts, and breakage soon followed.
Jul 7, 2008
285 posts
68 upvotes
HDawg wrote: A friend of mine bought one of those PC stainless steel grills a few years ago and what you described is exactly what happened. It looked nice the first month, but the rust, failing parts, and breakage soon followed.
By all means, if the warranty period isn't done, then go and replace it. Or demand your money back!

And whoever buys this: Make sure you keep your reciepts!

Edit: I just want to add that Presidents Choice has a really good policy and that it should be fairly easy to get your money back/replacement parts because it's an in-house company and their reputation means everything to them. If you have trouble at one store, then you can always try another one.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
the_game151 wrote: By all means, if the warranty period isn't done, then go and replace it. Or demand your money back!

Edit: I just want to add that Presidents Choice has a really good policy and that it should be fairly easy to get your money back/replacement parts because it's an in-house company and their reputation means everything to them. If you have trouble at one store, then you can always try another one.
one time I bought something from bayview and 7 store. They call it Loblaw
And went to return at Mcowan. Loblaws and they didn't want to let return there. They said that is Loblaw this is Loblaws
I told them you guys use the same damn flyer. Then they let me return. That was damn stupid.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 24, 2007
858 posts
144 upvotes
GTA
my Charcoal BBQ has lasted for 3 years...still good for another year at least...

good enough lol
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
the_game151 wrote: By all means, if the warranty period isn't done, then go and replace it. Or demand your money back!

You cannot get replacement parts for these grills. Once they are all sold, there are no parts available. Don't get fooled by this baloney.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
Hugh Jass wrote: $99, use it for two years then throw away. Thats the way it goes.
A waste of time & a waste of money.
Jul 1, 2009
531 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
*********** some things aren't mean to last that long.

If you saw a steak dinner deal for 1 dollar would you turn it down cause its going to rot in two years?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
worst quality BBQ's you can buy..
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2504 posts
317 upvotes
I've never owned a BBQ before and want to buy one since the deals are on now. What makes a cheap BBQ not last? Friends tell me to buy a weber and I'll be fine. Thoughts?
Jun 17, 2008
78 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
It is a 250$ BBQ that costs 99$ that looks like a 400$ BBQ that performs like a 250$ BBQ. If its lasts 3-4 years thats only 25$ a year. Not bad at all.

Only complaint so far is - meat sticks to grill easily, so we have to oil the grill before each use. If it starts falling apart do a tuneup :)
Jul 15, 2008
507 posts
20 upvotes
enforcerviper wrote: I've never owned a BBQ before and want to buy one since the deals are on now. What makes a cheap BBQ not last? Friends tell me to buy a weber and I'll be fine. Thoughts?
Your friends are right. If you want a quality propane/gas BBQ then go for weber. You won't run into all the problems noted in this thread. You will, however, pay a hell of a lot more than 99$ for a similar sized (albeit infinitely better) BBQ.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
enforcerviper wrote: I've never owned a BBQ before and want to buy one since the deals are on now. What makes a cheap BBQ not last? Friends tell me to buy a weber and I'll be fine. Thoughts?
a Weber is a BBQ you buy and you'll be able to give it to your children.. it's built well with good quality parts. The stainless steel on a weber is real, not this chinese crap that you see on Walmart/Loblaw's BBQ's. If you want durability in your stainless steel gas grill put a magnet on it. If the magnet sticks, don't buy it. Some manufacturers use a mixture of different metals so put that magnet all over the grill to test it all.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Never owned a Weber (wish list), but I own a Vermont Castings 5 burner and a Broil King (not Broil Mate) before that and both are great grills. A good cover is key as well as keeping it clean and maintaining it. Grills need to be cleaned a couple times a year, the burners poked with pins, tubes cleaned for webs, etc.

Granted, my friend with the rusted PC grill doesn't take care of it. He is also neglecting his Vermont Castings (we both bought during that mega thread here at RFD 3 years ago or so). His VC looks like crap also, but at least it isn't rusting and falling apart. Mine is obviously a bit used, but I keep it clean and wipe up grease before it hardens.

Oh, according to Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction show, he suggests oiling food rather than the grill. Also, this and a high heat grill is the secret to non-sticking food. Exception is fish, which takes some care in cooking.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: one time I bought something from bayview and 7 store. They call it Loblaw
And went to return at Mcowan. Loblaws and they didn't want to let return there. They said that is Loblaw this is Loblaws
I told them you guys use the same damn flyer. Then they let me return. That was damn stupid.
That is so funny!
Board games!!!!