Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

HOT*** Logitech UE 6000's for $69.99@ TigerDirect PM for $53

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2013 11:21 pm
Nov 17, 2008
335 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
moneybags wrote: Sound-wise, semi-decent mids and lacklustre everything else. Bass is cardboardy, if you know what I mean, which is the opposite of what all the reviews say. I'm simply not moved by the sound when I put them on. I haven't been able finish a single song without switching to another headphone just because I know it'll sound better.

Physically, they're relatively heavy compared to my other phones, earpads are also the smallest, just barely wraps around my ears and I don't have big ears.
What other kinds of headphones do you have, because for me these headphones sound amazing for the price. Sub $100 these are amazing. Bass sounds clean but is a bit much, but for me that's not a problem. The sound only gets good when you turn on the noise isolation because that activates the batteries that add additional power for sound and bass. With the noise isolation off ya they sound pretty bad.
RedFlagDeals: Buy Now Think Later :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
manwinder wrote: i don't think they are super good but for the price they're. Idk how you got them down to $53. If they're $69.97, 10% is about $7. I got mine for $70 with hst.
It's 10% of the difference, not 10% of the lower price.

FS' price is $230
TD's price is $70

$230-$70 = $160

$160*0.10 = $16

Final price: $70-$16 = $54+tax.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
These try to compete in the Beats segment and sound better, for bassheads, and genres like EDM, hiphop, and pop.

Not to be compared with much more expensive Senns for genres like classical and jazz.

If I were spending $200, I put it toward better cans, for $53, you can't go wrong for a half decent pair, probably the best pair you can buy for that price, and for days when you want bass pounding. Run passive if not; and burn them in to get the full signature.
Mar 3, 2012
334 posts
210 upvotes
Edmonton
AncasterRFD wrote: These try to compete in the Beats segment and sound better, for bassheads, and genres like EDM, hiphop, and pop.

Not to be compared with much more expensive Senns for genres like classical and jazz.

If I were spending $200, I put it toward better cans, for $53, you can't go wrong for a half decent pair, probably the best pair you can buy for that price, and for days when you want bass pounding. Run passive if not; and burn them in to get the full signature.
Agreed. I just got my cans in and I love them for electronica and dance.

Compared to my other cans (Shure SRH840, Beyerdynamic DT1350, Sony MDR-1R, Sony XBA3 and Skullcandy Mix Master) these have fantastic u-shaped frequnecy response. They are FUN to listen to!

Now what I really like about these is that the built in amp lets me get a whole lot of bass punch without bringing an external amp to connect my DAP to. I could never quite get the bass kick (without the muddiness of bassfart) without using a stationary source like a good soundcard or DAC.

I think what a lot of people miss when they start going into the audiophile world is that there comes a point where you can have generic all arounders that do good with lots of music (even if its low bitrate) but not particularly well (Sony MDR-1R), provide a really rich but clinical sound (SRH840) or provide a very fun sound that lacks detail (UE6000 with NC on and the MixMaster). There's no one perfect headphone for all audio needs- you need to choose the right headphone for the right music and the right need and I think that point gets forgotten. There is no magical unicorn headphone that will be clinical, fun and work with all genres.

EDIT: forgot to mention one of the great things about this can- you have two sound signatures with the NC function on/off- turn on NC for the boom and turn it off for everything not techno/dance/electronica
Nov 18, 2010
132 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
halhen1 wrote: I just managed to buy the White ones online @ FS. The rep blundered the process so bad. First he said yes he can price beat, so I proceed to order on the web in front of me.

Then as he's processing I ask him to give me the total. He gives me a completely wrong amount that wasn't $53.97.

As he tries to process the price beat he says he couldn't get it to go through (I had a hunch it was because this rep couldn't even do math, and had entered the wrong difference amount which was why the system didn't proceed). He then tells me he has to deny the sale and assumes it's because it's a "special clearance" price. WTF.

So I said why did you tell me you'd price beat for me, and then deny the sale after I ordered online? So he exhaled and re-entered the proper figure into the system (which was $53.97) like he should've in the beginning, and the order went through.

The whole time I was rolling my eyes at how this guy couldn't do math. Thankfully I didn't get mad, I just sat there guiding him through the whole process.

REMEMBER
, always ask for the rep's name and ID number when you do price beats/matches.
This is another way that future shop makes money. Doesn't train it's staff and requires it's customers to walk them through it.

Thing is that if you didn't do this, you would have been overcharged. Futureshop can sometimes (actually most of the time) be a bunch of scoundrels.
Apr 19, 2004
448 posts
40 upvotes
Variability wrote: Has no one tried the microphone on this? Really curious. The reviews I've seen haven't said anything about it's quality.
I use mine with my Nexus 5 occasionally. It works fine, I don't know how it sounds on the other end but I've never had any complaints. The only annoying part is remembering to press the top button to talk, and not the middle button which mutes it.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My HEAT
Sep 1, 2011
99 posts
118 upvotes
Bought a pair for my sister and I, we both really like it. The sound is great and they are quite comfortable. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1886 upvotes
No problem price matching. CSR only glanced at my phone. Thanks, OP!

Edit, these are going fast! last night every store had, now it's oos in the GTA
Sep 22, 2012
890 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
Saw the white one in-stock and snagged it, too lazy to go to the store :P
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ellisc wrote: There's no one perfect headphone for all audio needs- you need to choose the right headphone for the right music and the right need and I think that point gets forgotten. There is no magical unicorn headphone that will be clinical, fun and work with all genres.

EDIT: forgot to mention one of the great things about this can- you have two sound signatures with the NC function on/off- turn on NC for the boom and turn it off for everything not techno/dance/electronica
+1

The comparable Beats don't work passively (without battrries) and are subpar in any range except if you like synthetic bass.
Jan 13, 2007
29 posts
+1
PM successful at Yonge/Dundas FS. Gave me a hard time but eventually they gave it up for $60.99 incl tax.

These are good for the price. I have ATH-M50 at home and these are slightly below them in terms of sound quality and comfort, however for the price + iphone control these rock.
thanked OP
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1886 upvotes
^^
Same compared to my DT770Pro250. Hopefully they'll sound better after burn in, but for the price, you can't even compare and these are foldable with detachable cord for portability.

Thinking I should've got the white. Although black looks better, the piano finish is fingerprint nightmare
Dec 16, 2010
4 posts
Nice deal, got them at local FS store.
The specs are:
50 Ohms DCR Powered Off, 1K Ohms Powered On
Does anyone has tried these with a portable amp?
Aug 26, 2011
154 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks Turbinator_007 for this post I gave you a +1 for it.

Just came back from future shop and grabbed Logitech UE6000 (White) they had both black/white in stock i showed the rep the link to tigerdirect on my phone and no questions asked i got the deal $69.97-10.00 = 59.97. also added a 2 year warranty for $18.

After using the headphones for a little bit i have to rate it 8/10 the sound quality, noise cancelling is amazing the only problem i have is the cord is too short (maybe just not long enough for me) the other deal on the Sennheiser HD 449 comes with an extension cord for the wire but keep in mind its a $229 for $52/59... crazy!!
Mar 29, 2011
161 posts
111 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Thanks op. Picked up 2 at futureshop in Niagara. No problem getting PM. 53.99+tax
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Got one no problem from FS! Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5063 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
on a scale of 1 to audio technica ath m50 how good are these :lol: ?
Mar 18, 2010
252 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't fully broken in the UE6000 but so far the M50 mids and highs (vocals) are clearer. When it comes to bass, the UE6000 is mind blowingly orgasmic. I thought the bass in M50s were good but the UE6000 is in its own league. The built in amp/DSP really brings out the details and provides more than enough power to make your head shake in a good way. Very rewarding because I was only hearing half of the song until I put on the UE6000. Must get if you are a basshead. I can almost guarantee it will put a smile on your face when you listen to bass heavy music. People say it it is fake bass, but most of the bass in electronic music is fake anyways.

Definately worth the $70.

randomkidx wrote: on a scale of 1 to audio technica ath m50 how good are these :lol: ?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2298 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
So anyone outside of Ontario able to PM these at FS without them adding the 11$ shipping ?
Mar 2, 2007
126 posts
Thornhill
Did TG adjust the price for the white one since they know FS now had no stock for the black version as it costs 10 bucks more
600+ feedback on ebay !! :D
Deal with confidence !

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)