Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Garage

HOT -- Lowes: Chamberlain 3/4-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener -- $219

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2012 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton

[Garage] HOT -- Lowes: Chamberlain 3/4-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener -- $219

I've been watching for a garage door opener to go on sale for awhile now since buying my first house, and I think this is a fantastic price.

The Display model still had the "new lower price" tag on it stating it was originally $314, now $284. With this sale it is now only $219.

http://www.lowes.ca/products/search.asp ... ext=opener

Not much on their website regarding the features but here is a pic of the side of the box. It basically has all the features you could ever need in a door opener except for the garage door monitor which can be bought at lowes for $30.

I think you would be hard pressed to find one at Sears (craftsman is made by Chamberlain) with these features, especially the 3/4HP belt drive with battery backup.

Here is a 3/4HP belt drive craftsman on sale for $299, it is the closest one I could find.
http://www.sears.ca/product/craftsman-m ... 7234-18405
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6691 posts
899 upvotes
Murica
anyone know the model #?

Does Home depot have the same package. Wanna use my home depot gift cards. Need to be able to PM.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
maniacshopper wrote: anyone know the model #?

Does Home depot have the same package. Wanna use my home depot gift cards. Need to be able to PM.
It's actually looks like it's in the picture but cut off #257856
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
wheelz wrote: It's actually looks like it's in the picture but cut off #257856
Yup. I checked the rest of the box that is the only model number looking number on the box.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1512 posts
373 upvotes
Edmonton
wheelz wrote: It's actually looks like it's in the picture but cut off #257856

This is the same number they use on the lowes website in the product description but I can't find a match at HD... this one is the closest to a match but you'll have to be a rockstar to get the PM http://www.homedepot.ca/product/whisper ... -hp/937038

Is it possible that they'd have a match in store and not showing on their website?
You can't steal in slow motion
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
in the customer reviews on the HD site someone mentions the control panel having a temperature display which the one from Lowes does not, so I highly doubt you will be able to get a PM done.

The one at HD looks like the ones from sears as well, haven't seen the Lowes ones anywhere else yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
Sold out at Lowes Markham and Pickering. :( I should have went on Thursday!! Apparently Markham will be receiving a shipment on Tues night.
Dec 22, 2006
763 posts
18 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one up Friday from Brampton Lowes and had it installed yesterday. Perfect timing! Now I need to return the one I bought from Costco.
Aug 21, 2007
138 posts
269 upvotes
OP thanked. I've been watching for GD openers for a while now too and this seems like a pretty good deal!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
Markham location is getting 9 but apparently they are all already paid for. Didn't know you could do that... :(
Mar 7, 2011
425 posts
17 upvotes
I was able to price match at home depot.
lowes unit has mini remote while home depot unit has seurity panel which lights if ur door is open.
Anatomy wrote: This is the same number they use on the lowes website in the product description but I can't find a match at HD... this one is the closest to a match but you'll have to be a rockstar to get the PM http://www.homedepot.ca/product/whisper ... -hp/937038

Is it possible that they'd have a match in store and not showing on their website?
Mar 6, 2006
683 posts
107 upvotes
Yes I was told to pAid now and they will call me when their stock arrive
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
adblink182 wrote: I've been watching for a garage door opener to go on sale for awhile now since buying my first house, and I think this is a fantastic price.

The Display model still had the "new lower price" tag on it stating it was originally $314, now $284. With this sale it is now only $219.

Not much on their website regarding the features but here is a pic of the side of the box. It basically has all the features you could ever need in a door opener except for the garage door monitor which can be bought at lowes for $30.

I think you would be hard pressed to find one at Sears (craftsman is made by Chamberlain) with these features, especially the 3/4HP belt drive with battery backup.

Here is a 3/4HP belt drive craftsman on sale for $299, it is the closest one I could find.
http://www.sears.ca/product/craftsman-m ... 7234-18405

Thanks, picked one up at the Lowes in Waterloo. They had lots left. Install is $89 on sale from $118. Garage doors also 15% off.
Nov 26, 2005
58 posts
6 upvotes
Just bought 2, paid now said they will call when they arrive, i am in no rush as my new place won't be ready for a while. just grabbing everything I can while on sale and storing it. Need to find an installer but no worries on that till November.

Great Deal Though
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1288 posts
324 upvotes
Halifax, NS
adblink182 wrote: It basically has all the features you could ever need in a door opener except for the garage door monitor which can be bought at lowes for $30.

What is this garage door monitor that you speak of? I didn't see it on Lowe's website.
I might be interested in this.

Thanks.
Jan 12, 2009
320 posts
14 upvotes
Pickering location had a skid this morning as of 7:30 or so. I picked one up, but noticed that beside 3/4 hp is has an asterisks and states can handle the equivalent weight of a 3/4 hp or something like that. My guess is it is a 1/2 hp motor with gearing that will allow it to handle more weight. My other opener is a 3/4hp (true) Craftsman and it is much faster than the old 1/2 hp that I need to replace.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1132 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
just got it from HomeDepot with pm

thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
Pickering had 13 left when I called them earlier tonight. They close at 10pm and today is the last day of the sale!