Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

*HOT* ME: Corsair Force Series 3 240GB SSD Drive $246.24 after MIR

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2012 9:15 am
Apr 1, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton

*HOT* ME: Corsair Force Series 3 240GB SSD Drive $246.24 after MIR

Hey guys, just let left MemoryExpress with a Super Deal

I wanted a SSD for my Macbook and I need something around the 240GB range

MemoryExpress has it for $329.99 Before a $30 MIR

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX33598

PC-Canada has it for $286.99 With No Rebate

http://www.pc-canada.com/item/CSSD-F240GB3-BK.html

They Approved and I left with a 240GB for $276.24 Before MIR

Awesome Deal for a Sata III SSD just about $1/GB

Not Bad for a First Post =)
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Is this better or worse than the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB?

edit: Did some reading. I think the Mushkin that's on sale at NCIX for $269.99 may be the better deal.
Feb 3, 2010
325 posts
494 upvotes
HBP wrote: Is this better or worse than the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB?

edit: Did some reading. I think the Mushkin that's on sale at NCIX for $269.99 may be the better deal.

The Mushkin is faster, however the Corsair F3 uses Marvell based controller like the Crucial M4. It will probably provide a more reliable experience.
Jul 28, 2002
344 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
greentea711 wrote: The Mushkin is faster, however the Corsair F3 uses Marvell based controller like the Crucial M4. It will probably provide a more reliable experience.

Only concern is reliability. I'll switch to ssd but will be doing backups often and personally don't want to spend more than around 100 for something that's going to fail. Corsair seems to be the most reliable based on newegg reviews overall from my research.
Apr 1, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Yea reliability was key for me as well. I would go with Intel because they are known to have the lowest Reliability, but its just TOO expensive for my taste. And I think these ones are actually using the Sandforce chips which are known to be the most stable at the moment.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1743 posts
349 upvotes
Toml wrote: Yea reliability was key for me as well. I would go with Intel because they are known to have the lowest Reliability, but its just TOO expensive for my taste. And I think these ones are actually using the Sandforce chips which are known to be the most stable at the moment.

maybe i'm too tired...but i think there may have been a typo up there...and, iirc, the Sandforce based drives seem to be the least reliable.
Nov 9, 2010
654 posts
464 upvotes
Richmond, BC
greentea711 wrote: The Mushkin is faster, however the Corsair F3 uses Marvell based controller like the Crucial M4. It will probably provide a more reliable experience.
The Force 3 uses the same sandforce controller as the Mushkin. The difference is the Mushkin uses toggle nand which is faster then the Force 3's asynchronous nand.
Banned
Aug 21, 2011
1286 posts
338 upvotes
A lot of misinformation here... the Crucial M4 uses Marvel only, both this drive and the Mushkin Chronos use the exact same Sandforce Synchronous controller while only the Chronos Deluxe uses the Asynchronous controller (which was never on sale anyways). Since this comes out cheaper and essentially the same drive, then this is the best deal.
May 1, 2007
320 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond
zatnaf wrote: A lot of misinformation here... the Crucial M4 uses Marvel only, both this drive and the Mushkin Chronos use the exact same Sandforce Synchronous controller while only the Chronos Deluxe uses the Asynchronous controller (which was never on sale anyways). Since this comes out cheaper and essentially the same drive, then this is the best deal.

The Chronos Deluxe is on sale (but sold out) at NCIX (http://www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php ... ticFeb2012) for $270 (no mail in rebate). That's what people are comparing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Scythe89 wrote: The Chronos Deluxe is on sale (but sold out) at NCIX (http://www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php ... ticFeb2012) for $270 (no mail in rebate). That's what people are comparing.
zatnaf wrote: Ohh that was a great deal! Although for $20-25 less this is also a good deal.

I bought it after it sold out... but requested a price match for this:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?s ... 20ENHANCED

Even though it's not the deluxe, slipped through the cracks and it was approved for pick up!
Feb 1, 2012
78 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
zatnaf wrote: A lot of misinformation here... the Crucial M4 uses Marvel only, both this drive and the Mushkin Chronos use the exact same Sandforce Synchronous controller while only the Chronos Deluxe uses the Asynchronous controller (which was never on sale anyways). Since this comes out cheaper and essentially the same drive, then this is the best deal.

Close, but technically the controller is identical on both drives (Force 3 and Chronos Deluxe), the Sandforce SF-2281. The difference is the NAND (flash memory) itself.

Asynchronous (slowest): Corsair Force 3, OCZ Agility III, Mushkin Chronos etc.
Synchronous (faster): Corsair Force GT, OCZ Vertex 3 etc.
Toggle NAND (fastest): Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS, Patriot Wildfire

The 240GB Deluxe @ $265-300 blows away anything else in terms of price/performance. Bought one myself from NCIX 2 weeks ago for $279 + HST local pick-up.
Dec 8, 2009
32 posts
3 upvotes
gramboh wrote: The 240GB Deluxe @ $265-300 blows away anything else in terms of price/performance. Bought one myself from NCIX 2 weeks ago for $279 + HST local pick-up.
Chronos Deluxe 240GB shows as 'in stock' at DirectCanada. $273.28 - free ground shipping.
Feb 3, 2010
325 posts
494 upvotes
gramboh wrote: Close, but technically the controller is identical on both drives (Force 3 and Chronos Deluxe), the Sandforce SF-2281. The difference is the NAND (flash memory) itself.

Asynchronous (slowest): Corsair Force 3, OCZ Agility III, Mushkin Chronos etc.
Synchronous (faster): Corsair Force GT, OCZ Vertex 3 etc.
Toggle NAND (fastest): Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS, Patriot Wildfire

The 240GB Deluxe @ $265-300 blows away anything else in terms of price/performance. Bought one myself from NCIX 2 weeks ago for $279 + HST local pick-up.

Oh yes, you are right. i was thinking of this SSD... http://ncix.com/products/?sku=65260&vpn ... re=Corsair