Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mobilicity

Locked: Hot - Mobilicity Pre-Boxing Day Sale - Galaxy Nexus for $249.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2013 7:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1512 posts
1764 upvotes

[Mobilicity] Hot - Mobilicity Pre-Boxing Day Sale - Galaxy Nexus for $249.99

[IMG]http://mobilicity.ca/media/files/images ... up_ctf.png[/IMG]

http://mobilicity.ca/phones/list/?type= ... sort=price

There's many phones on sale but this is what stood out to me.

Galaxy Nexus - $249.99 - http://mobilicity.ca/phones/galaxy-nexus/
Galaxy S3 - $499.99 - http://mobilicity.ca/phones/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/
BlackBerry Curve 9380 - $199 - http://mobilicity.ca/phones/blackberry-curve-9380/

The Galaxy Nexus should be unlocked by default and being pentaband, it'll work on Wind, Rogers, Fido, Bell and Telus. Not to mention this is a great phone to use while in USA on T-Mobile. Check out Andriykoua's thread for more info on T-Mobile plans - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/usa-roam ... w-1244921/

Any thanks is appreciated!
81 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1512 posts
1764 upvotes
ibuddler wrote: that's pretty cold. i thought they would have the 25 plan again against wind 29. fyi the same phone is 0 on winds Tab.
You buy these phones straight and run on them Wind. The Galaxy Nexus is a great device at this price point.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1922 posts
1195 upvotes
Calgary
bandersnatch wrote: You buy these phones straight and run on them Wind. The Galaxy Nexus is a great device at this price point.

well, not really. we have 75 s2x right now and 75 one s before. that phone doesn't worth 259 imho

it was a great phone.
Dec 14, 2012
1 posts
Ottawa
S3 prices are good. Galaxy Nexus is an okay price. I wont jump off my chair to go grap it though. If I need it then yes good price.
Jul 20, 2007
692 posts
260 upvotes
Aurora
bandersnatch wrote: You buy these phones straight and run on them Wind. The Galaxy Nexus is a great device at this price point.
+1 it is a good deal for those who doesnt want to use windtab. I am using nexus and it is a pretty solid phone.
Dec 11, 2009
229 posts
30 upvotes
Is the Galaxy S3 unlocked?

I can buy it and use it with Speakout 711 prepaid?

Thanks.
Dec 11, 2009
229 posts
30 upvotes
Hmm I don't see a checkout option anyway - can't buy this online? No stores located for Winnipeg. :(

BAH!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to sign up for a plan to take home a phone from them. So add a month of service if you're just going to cancel and switch?
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
I'll make you a deal buy me wind sim and first month and I will trade you my mobi 23 dollar unlimited everything plan. you might even be able to get the $100 prepaid credit too.
ibuddler wrote: that's pretty cold. i thought they would have the 25 plan again against wind 29. fyi the same phone is 0 on winds Tab.

link:http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/HolidayPhones.aspx
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to sign up for a plan to take home a phone from them. So add a month of service if you're just going to cancel and switch?
no you don't

you can cancel it the next day, some dealer might charge you one month in advance, just don't let them know your intention of cancel the service right after, some dealer will refuse to sell you the phone.

just call Mobi the next day and tell them you wanted to cancel. if dealer charge you one month, they will issue a check but it'll take a couple of weeks before you get the check.

And make sure you sign up for the cheapest plan

i am speaking from my experience and that's how i got my note 2, since wind don't offer it to exsisting customer and wind note 2 is a lot more expensive
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Listen, I know that RFD is all anti-contract and everything, but how is this a good deal unless you're really penny-pinching without regard for service quality?

My math shows that going on Fido with their $56/mo plan, on a 2-year contract is a total of $1344. You will get the Galaxy Nexus for $0 PLUS a $150 Best Buy gift card if you pick it up from there. Almost unlimited everything with solid add-ons.. 2GB data good enough for most with the trade-off being much better network quality with Fido. Net = $1194

Going with Mobilicity and a Galaxy Nexus costs $1,059 over 2 years with the 50% promo off their $45 plan (with really, 6GB of "basic" slower data). If you decide to have premium data and access their faster 4G network completely un-throttled up to 20GB, it will cost an extra $20/mo, totalling up to $1539 over 2 years. Btw, from everything I've read about their data, it's not very impressive either way and LTE on Fido is light-years better. Everything I've heard personally about their network is that it sucks. Sure, there's coverage at most places and it works in the metropolitan area but a friend of mine (here in Vancouver) doesn't get coverage up at SFU nor at Cypress Mountain for starters as an example. I've heard other complaints that reception is just overall spotty and that people complain that calls jump straight to voicemail.

Is it really worth the hassle?

If you're buying strictly for the pentaband phone, I ask the same question. Why not just sign with Fido since there will not be a cheaper plan anytime soon offering as many features and get the phone for free with a gift card? And if there is, well, make a fuss and hopefully you can hop on the better plan.
Removed external link in signature.
Nov 21, 2011
103 posts
37 upvotes
NORTH YORK
lhsonic wrote: Listen, I know that RFD is all anti-contract and everything, but how is this a good deal unless you're really penny-pinching without regard for service quality?

My math shows that going on Fido with their $56/mo plan, on a 2-year contract is a total of $1344. You will get the Galaxy Nexus for $0 PLUS a $150 Best Buy gift card if you pick it up from there. Almost unlimited everything with solid add-ons.. 2GB data good enough for most with the trade-off being much better network quality with Fido. Net = $1194

Going with Mobilicity and a Galaxy Nexus costs $1,059 over 2 years with the 50% promo off their $45 plan (with really, 6GB of "basic" slower data). If you decide to have premium data and access their faster 4G network completely un-throttled up to 20GB, it will cost an extra $20/mo, totalling up to $1539 over 2 years. Btw, from everything I've read about their data, it's not very impressive either way and LTE on Fido is light-years better. Everything I've heard personally about their network is that it sucks. Sure, there's coverage at most places and it works in the metropolitan area but a friend of mine (here in Vancouver) doesn't get coverage up at SFU nor at Cypress Mountain for starters as an example. I've heard other complaints that reception is just overall spotty and that people complain that calls jump straight to voicemail.

Is it really worth the hassle?

If you're buying strictly for the pentaband phone, I ask the same question. Why not just sign with Fido since there will not be a cheaper plan anytime soon offering as many features and get the phone for free with a gift card? And if there is, well, make a fuss and hopefully you can hop on the better plan.
I think most mobilicty/wind customers are pretty much 'penny-pinching without regard for service quality'.
The average mobi/wind customer is on the unlimited $29 or $23 mobilicity deal. They aren't going for the expensive $45+ plans. So they save a lot every month and tolerate the spotty service rather than try to replicate a big network's service by paying mobilicity a lot of monthly fees.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
jp149 wrote: I'll make you a deal buy me wind sim and first month and I will trade you my mobi 23 dollar unlimited everything plan. you might even be able to get the $100 prepaid credit too.
Hi, wanna trade with my wind pay as you go account (with sim)? In Mississauga. Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
The last time they had a similar deal ($299 for the GNex) they forced you to prepay for 2 or 3 months of service to get the promotional price on the phone.
I'm guessing the same rule will apply.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
if you do decide to buy the Nexus, make sure you get a brandnew unit. When my buddy was buying it back in summer, all the boxes were already open & cables were wrapped carelessly. The dealer kept saying it was a brandnew unit, but looking at the condition of the wires and the way the items were packed in the box, it definitely looked like it was a returned unit.
Apr 21, 2011
85 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
sitpot wrote: I think most mobilicty/wind customers are pretty much 'penny-pinching without regard for service quality'.
The average mobi/wind customer is on the unlimited $29 or $23 mobilicity deal. They aren't going for the expensive $45+ plans. So they save a lot every month and tolerate the spotty service rather than try to replicate a big network's service by paying mobilicity a lot of monthly fees.
That is downright stupid - most people wouldn't go for a $40 plan if the $29 plan has all the same things they need minus one thing they don't. The only difference between my $40 holiday miracle plan and my mother's $29 plan is that I can call all of NA for free and she can "only" call all of Ontario. I pay extra not because I need it, but because I think it's good value for when I might need it. There is no fundamental difference in the stability or quality of the data and voice service you are getting just because you pay less.

Regarding comparisons to the incumbents - both of them have Rogers 3G network as a fallback which is Canada-wide, so there aren't any issues with coverage if you go outside their zones. I've never had to roam on Rogers' network once and I've never had a single call drop since Feb 2010. Other people get calls drop when switching from home network to Rogers network. Call handoff is supposed to be seamless and in the case of Rogers they don't handle it properly - iirc Wind had to complain to the CRTC about this.

So in theory, if you lost signal from your home network for whatever reason you shouldn't have any issues with service at all, but that assumes the network you have dirt cheap government-mandated roaming agreements with is going to play nicely. Cause last I checked, the 20-25 cents a minute you pay roaming on Rogers' 3G network when using Wind/Mobi is by far cheaper than Rogers' own pay-as-you-go options.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
930 upvotes
Everywhere
galaxy nexus will be $200 once the nexus 4 starts being sold at retail.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
it dont seem hot but thx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)