Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Trendnet Powerline Adapter Kit $28

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2014 2:29 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes

[NCIX] Trendnet Powerline Adapter Kit $28

THis is simply the hottest price of the year / ever on this 100 mbps powerline adapter.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/trendnet-tpl ... 8-1711.htm

Here is the original thread with some good info at $34.99 - ncix-trendnet-powerline-adapter-kit-34-99-a-1493719/

Note, it's 100mbps max but good enough for most uses like streaming HD movies.
209 replies
Banned
Jun 15, 2006
517 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Ordered one. This will fix my annoying issue with my network printer that keeps dropping the connection because it's so far from my wireless router... Now I can just plug it in via Ethernet.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
PM BB for less,thanks OP.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks ordered one too. Now I can move the old NAS out of the entertainment unit in the living room and tuck it away in the office.
Oct 29, 2007
698 posts
68 upvotes
Victoria
Pretty smoking. I thought $34.99 last november was a steal, and jumped. Have 4 of them now, and seeing this makes me want to have 2 more. Have to stop myself though, as I really don't see a need for 6 of these!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Its great to see everyone get excited and see real world benefits from these. I ordered in the past at $34.99 (their usual sale prices that come around every 3-4 weeks). At $28, I just ordered another pair.

Yes they are not gigabit but given my experience, this works well for the majority of real world scenarios.

Awesome!

Thought about price matching from BB but for $2-3, was just too lazy to do it lol
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a pair already, would i need to hook this into another ethernet jack or can i just plug in the receiver and it'll work with the original transmitter I have (do they all use the same technology?)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2014
1098 posts
1405 upvotes
Toronto
Is it difficult to set a powerline through your home?
Oct 29, 2007
698 posts
68 upvotes
Victoria
These are dead simple to use. Plug into the wall and it just works. Can have up to 8 in the same house (they'll work on different channels). Still need a router plugged into 1 of them, but they'll all show up on the network (essentially it works like a hub).
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1773 posts
571 upvotes
GTA
alkaint wrote: I have a pair already, would i need to hook this into another ethernet jack or can i just plug in the receiver and it'll work with the original transmitter I have (do they all use the same technology?)
Order one. I want to know the answer as well too. I get two if it works right out of the box.
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
I have bought one pair from Dell when it was 30$ on Black Friday. Lately, I begin to use it in permanent (PC connected all day), and it disconnects a lot of times in a day. I have upgraded it with the newest firmware and it becomes more stable, but not really super stable. But at this price it's not so expensive to try.
Aug 27, 2008
457 posts
243 upvotes
How does this powerline kit compare to the one I picked up from Staples for $30 a few weeks ago (http://amplifi.dlink.com/products/DHP-541). I don't really need the switch functionality, so I'm asking strictly from a performance perspective.
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2010
1069 posts
306 upvotes
Ordered one! Thanks OP...been looking for something decent for a while.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3095 posts
1510 upvotes
QC, Canada
hmm pm is useless in quebec, because you don't have to pay PST/QST if you order on ncix.. so its basically the same but you get your order a bit faster and easy return to the store with bestbuy
Oct 23, 2010
638 posts
113 upvotes
Can't PM with BB/FS anyway because its "limited quantity" on both BB & FS. Ordered 2 pairs from NCIX, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3095 posts
1510 upvotes
QC, Canada
MicroJimnt wrote: Can't PM with BB/FS anyway because its "limited quantity" on both BB & FS. Ordered 2 pairs from NCIX, thanks OP!
where it said limited quantity on ncix webpage?
CSR said its limited quantity. I told her it wasnt.. Next was its a clearance price. I said it was not. Next was the open box things. I said its not lol
Next thing was the limited quantity again, then the clearance price too.

Edit : Lol now she's back with the open box thing !! that an horrible customer service
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2415 posts
358 upvotes
NB
Thanks OP! How much faster are these compared to Wifi? Also, are they good enough to play 1080p from a NAS?
Nov 30, 2012
973 posts
1570 upvotes
MONTR
MicroJimnt wrote: Can't PM with BB/FS anyway because its "limited quantity" on both BB & FS. Ordered 2 pairs from NCIX, thanks OP!
Yeah just tried now ... damn it .. would've have been extremely easy returning them for whatever reason.
May 23, 2009
897 posts
604 upvotes
Vancouver
how are these for gaming? or are these just used for basic stuff like internet surfing and streaming videos? currently using Asus N53 wireless USB adapter. anyone know? thanks
Oct 23, 2010
638 posts
113 upvotes
koontzy wrote: where it said limited quantity on ncix webpage?
CSR said its limited quantity. I told her it wasnt.. Next was its a clearance price. I said it was not. Next was the open box things. I said its not lol
Next thing was the limited quantity again, then the clearance price too.

Edit : Lol now she's back with the open box thing !! that an horrible customer service

Its limited quantity at BB and FS so they won't price match which is quite ***** .

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)