[Newegg] HOT: Panasonic ES-LA63-S Wet/Dry Rechargable Shaver

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2010 12:52 am
[OP]
Apr 30, 2007
450 posts
43 upvotes

[Newegg] HOT: Panasonic ES-LA63-S Wet/Dry Rechargable Shaver

Newegg has the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Wet/Dry Rechargable for sale for $159.99.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... -_-Product

The retail on this is $349.99 as per Panasonic;

https://panasonic.ca/english/personalhe ... ESLA63.asp

Cheapest I have found in Canada is $289.99

http://www.shavercentre.com/canada/pana ... sla63.html

Excellent shaver ( I have the 8243k which is similar) ...I ordered one from Newegg are received yesterday.

The best part about the shaver is the warranty....Panasonic offers over the counter exchange for 2 yrs....can't beat that.
76 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17948 posts
103411 upvotes
GTA
Nice find...I was researching these Panasonic models when I bought my shaver (ended up with the Braun 7 series). Just to let people know that the only difference between this model and the top of the line ES-LA93K (currently $299.99) is that this model doesn't include the cleaning station.
Apr 22, 2008
173 posts
10 upvotes
GTA (Grand Toronto A…
You can try and price match it at SIG Electronics which retail this for 329.99
LINK

They may give you flack because of the different letter at the end of the model.

I know its petty but it's something Futureshop do all the time to get out of price matching something, who also have a a simalar "a" model for sale for $349.99
Link
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2675 posts
224 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2010 6:37 pm
Nice find...I was researching these Panasonic models when I bought my shaver (ended up with the Braun 7 series). Just to let people know that the only difference between this model and the top of the line ES-LA93K (currently $299.99) is that this model doesn't include the cleaning station.

If this is true then this is HOT HOT HOT. I bought the LA93K for $250 USD at Amazon US almost 2 months ago and I love it. I can get a perfect shave in under 5 minutes with it which makes my mornings much less rushed. I do like having the cleaner so it feels like a brand new shaver every day, but if you don't mind doing the work to clean it manually, then this very very hot even compared to the US deal.

True Panasonic quality, made in Japan too.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17948 posts
103411 upvotes
GTA
Further to the note above, this model cannot be used with the cleaning station (i.e. even if bought separately) because on this unit there are no contacts on the back.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2007
450 posts
43 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2010 9:48 pm
Further to the note above, this model cannot be used with the cleaning station (i.e. even if bought separately) because on this unit there are no contacts on the back.

With the Panasonic wet/dry shavers there is no need for any cleaning stations. Just add soap and rinse under water.

I have been using the Panasonic shavers for 5+ years and never found the need for a cleaning station like the one Braun uses.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2464 posts
75 upvotes
Can these electric shavers satisfy someone that has been using A Pro-Fusion? can you really get that close of a shave?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17948 posts
103411 upvotes
GTA
manyoo99 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2010 9:00 am
With the Panasonic wet/dry shavers there is no need for any cleaning stations. Just add soap and rinse under water.

I have been using the Panasonic shavers for 5+ years and never found the need for a cleaning station like the one Braun uses.

Oh I totally agree, makes more sense to clean it yourself as you save the cost of the cleaning station and the ongoing cost of the consumables. I just wish this shaver was at this price point when I bought my Braun :( I was just pointing this out for anyone who may have been thinking of buying the cleaning station down the road.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2007
450 posts
43 upvotes
I agree. The price point was a shocker for me as well...I could not believe that the price could be so low. I can confirm the price is what it is as I have ordered and received the product at the advertised price (+$10 shipping).
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
2787 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
Very hot price! $130 less than the place I usually look to for Panasonic razors.

I'm debating buying this as my current Panasonic is getting on to 4 years old and that is about the lifespan of most Lithium Ion batteries. These are the best electric razor I've ever used. With being able to wet shave I've not had any issues with razor burn and rashes like I used to get with Philishave and Braun.

Nov 24, 2002
255 posts
3 upvotes
I use, and have used for years, the 3 round head shaver. Will I notice a major difference if I switch to this type of arc head? Pros and cons to each?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1182 posts
194 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP - just ordered one
:lol:

Calgary, AB
Mar 7, 2002
922 posts
86 upvotes
Does this come with a case? I hate it when I travel, and the shaver turns on accidentally in my toiletry bag in my luggage.

Also, anyone know if the replacement accessories (ie. Blade, foil, etc) are cheap? And where do you usually get them from?
Jul 31, 2008
329 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
Bincent wrote:
Oct 14th, 2010 2:57 pm
Does this come with a case? I hate it when I travel, and the shaver turns on accidentally in my toiletry bag in my luggage.

Also, anyone know if the replacement accessories (ie. Blade, foil, etc) are cheap? And where do you usually get them from?

Do you have time to look at the product picture? Or read the detail section?

If you have loooooooooooots of time google the model number for replacement accessories..

:confused:
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1937 posts
42 upvotes
Why does it say normal price is 180 when it's clearly more elsewhere
× < >