Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Hot: Sears.ca Simmons Beautyrest mattress Reg. $2079 Now $799

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2012 2:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2062 upvotes
arisk wrote: When we were shopping, most mattresses at Sears were available in 2 levels of firmness and display models were firm on one side and soft on the other.

If I remember correctly, the Napa Valley was only in firm, which may explain the lack of drop down box.
That could be. I seem to recall that even the ones that were listed only as being firm still had "firm" in the size drop down. Perhaps the whole system is just inconsistent.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2062 upvotes
I phoned Sears Carlingwood and was told that in order to get the free shipping and the 60-day sleep guarantee, you have to buy a set, meaning, you also have to buy the box spring. Is everyone else being told this? Btw, the guy I spoke to also said that these are considered firm but plush. It does sound like it would be OK for people who sleep on the stomach.
Jun 15, 2004
390 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
how does this compare to Sealy Posturepedic?

The Bay has a mattress sale this week too... Saw the Sealy Posturepedic (Queen) with boxspring for 799...

Any ideas?
Jan 6, 2010
17 posts
1 upvote
i was just at The Bay this morning, the Queen size, Bronze Posturepedic with boxspring is$699, not $799. I have been shopping for a new bed for a spare room, and this is the best deal on a decent bed I've seen yet, sale goes till July 15th at The Bay, not sure about Sears.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2062 upvotes
Canada300 wrote: i was just at The Bay this morning, the Queen size, Bronze Posturepedic with boxspring is$699, not $799. I have been shopping for a new bed for a spare room, and this is the best deal on a decent bed I've seen yet, sale goes till July 15th at The Bay, not sure about Sears.
You are saying the deal at The Bay is the best deal or the one at Sears is? There is a bit of ambiguity there.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
I have a king size simmons beautyrest, excellent mattress. The individual pocket coils make all the difference. Sitting at one end does not affect the other end as well. The one we have is a "firm" mattress, I have read some negative reviews from the US about the "plush" version, but personally I think those are due to two fat people jumping on the mattress :-)

Paid $690 ish for a king size at sleep country last year (mattress only, we have a platform bed). This was a special price, because they might have been clearing out last years model. If someone is looking for king size, Sleep Country should easily be able to beat this Sears "deal".
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2062 upvotes
sb_tor wrote: I have a king size simmons beautyrest, excellent mattress. The individual pocket coils make all the difference. Sitting at one end does not affect the other end as well. The one we have is a "firm" mattress, I have read some negative reviews from the US about the "plush" version, but personally I think those are due to two fat people jumping on the mattress :-)

Paid $690 ish for a king size at sleep country last year (mattress only, we have a platform bed). This was a special price, because they might have been clearing out last years model. If someone is looking for king size, Sleep Country should easily be able to beat this Sears "deal".
Apparently, it can be quite difficult to compare mattresses or even identify them as being the same as what another store is selling. Wrt SCC, after reading the comments at: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/why-not- ... da-573046/ , I don't think I have the courage to deal with them.

I think I might end up buying the queen-size one at Sears. Any opinions on whether I could get away with putting it directly on the slats of the Ikea Malm bed frame. Would I still need to get a low profile box?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1454 posts
52 upvotes
Not much, but found a $10 off coupon that works - 941612658. None of the $20+ ones are valid anymore.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
It's impossible to comparison shop with mattresses. Names change with each retailer. It's a big scam.

It's too bad Kingsdown is not available in Canada. Puts every other bed to shame.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2062 upvotes
FatWallet wrote: It's impossible to comparison shop with mattresses. Names change with each retailer. It's a big scam.

It's too bad Kingsdown is not available in Canada. Puts every other bed to shame.
Is the Kingsdown the poster at the following post is referring to not the same one?

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sealy-va ... st11118497

....there are multiple discussions wrt Kingsdown deals on RFD and even Sears seems to sell Kingsdown.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2003
1325 posts
35 upvotes
FatWallet wrote: It's impossible to comparison shop with mattresses. Names change with each retailer. It's a big scam.

sears sells kingdown... I tried one (the sensation, I thiink) and was very impressed. Then I read reviews, and they weren't that positive for the kingsdown.... don't know what to think now.

By the way, the napa valley at sears is a semi-firm, not firm if anyone cares about that. For simmons, comparing is not too hard, with pocket coils, they have classic (ok ~ 800 coils), world class (better, ~1000 coils) and black (best, but didn't look). All retailers who sell beautyrest seem to have the same naming convention so you can compare.
Oct 31, 2006
539 posts
164 upvotes
bought the kingsdown chiro series at leons 2 years ago and sad to say it's one of the worst matresses - we thought we'd pay a bit extra because it felt great in store but after a few months it started sagging and downhill from there - maybe it is a pillow top problem :confused:
Mar 16, 2006
343 posts
344 upvotes
You will find this true of most mattresses today. They have several inches of various foams whose characteristics change over time (sometimes a week of lying on it is all it takes).

My strategy is to buy a firm tight-top (that has less foam than the Euro and Pillow tops) and then buy added foam to customize the comfort. By this means, I believe I can determine during my warranty period if the coil spring support system will stay firm or not. The foam can always be replaced.

I've scoured reviews on the net and virtually every manufacturer gets low ratings. Consumer reports found that only 1 in 3 users would buy the same brand of bed again. That's a horrible satisfaction rate.
cobretti wrote: bought the kingsdown chiro series at leons 2 years ago and sad to say it's one of the worst matresses - we thought we'd pay a bit extra because it felt great in store but after a few months it started sagging and downhill from there - maybe it is a pillow top problem :confused:

Also note that I know someone in the retail industry who has indicated they are now experiencing the highest rate of mattress returns ever.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
cobretti wrote: bought the kingsdown chiro series at leons 2 years ago and sad to say it's one of the worst matresses - we thought we'd pay a bit extra because it felt great in store but after a few months it started sagging and downhill from there - maybe it is a pillow top problem :confused:
You got the entry level. I got the top of the line 10 years ago, similar to the current "Silent Partner Collection" but without memory foam ($2500 retail US then but I paid much less), and no bed comes close IMHO. Then again, things may have changed in 10 years.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
sb_tor wrote: I have a king size simmons beautyrest, excellent mattress. The individual pocket coils make all the difference. Sitting at one end does not affect the other end as well. The one we have is a "firm" mattress, I have read some negative reviews from the US about the "plush" version, but personally I think those are due to two fat people jumping on the mattress :-)

txenglan wrote: Apparently, it can be quite difficult to compare mattresses or even identify them as being the same as what another store is selling. Wrt SCC, after reading the comments at: why-not-buy-mattress-sleep-country-canada-573046/ , I don't think I have the courage to deal with them.

I think I might end up buying the queen-size one at Sears. Any opinions on whether I could get away with putting it directly on the slats of the Ikea Malm bed frame. Would I still need to get a low profile box?

I am not suggesting a comparison shop or price match. All I am saying is: one could go to different mattress shops and ask for Simmons beautyrest. All of them have pocket coils. The more expensive ones have extra plush layers on top or a memory foam and so on.

The entry level at sears will be usually comparable to the entry level beautyrest at other stores, even though the names will be different.

When I bought my mattress, Sears had nice beautyrest for $1200 (king) which was 50% off (surprise!). They were willing to give me just the mattress for 25% off. Went to sleep country. Found one I like. The king mattress only was $9xx. Mentioned that Sears had a beautyrest for a little cheaper. Suddenly they found a deal on the previous years stock being cleared out and I got that one for six hundred something.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2471 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op... i have a simmons and loving it nightly...looking one the the guest one.
May 5, 2009
28 posts
Toronto
Sale is still on as of today BTW

Just picked up the Napa Valley from the Sears at Yonge & Dundas for $799 (with tax, delivery and hauling away my old mattress the total price was $960).

I didn't take the boxspring (boxspring + mattress is $999)
Mar 17, 2009
42 posts
26 upvotes
I ordered the Simmons Napa Valley set yesterday after checking it out at my local Sears. I liked the Stearns & Foster "Addison" too (maybe even more than the Napa Valley) but after reading the Stearns & Foster reviews on redflagdeals I'll stick with the Simmons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)