Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1288 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto

Hot Star Fried Chicken: Toronto/Windsor- Free Chicken and 20% off Ontario-wide

Expiry:
November 17, 2017
To celebrate its second anniversary in downtown Toronto, Hot Star is handing out free chicken meals to its first 50 customers on Nov 11 and 12th. This is also available at the Windsor location. There's also a 20% off Ontario-wide deal that will be extended until Nov. 17th

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/n ... -this-week

Time to get that Lipitor prescription filled!
35 replies
Feb 23, 2016
40 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks! Will be picking up some hot star on the weekend!
There's usually not that many people at the Yonge/Finch location!
Jan 1, 2008
63 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
vanana wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:16 am
Thanks! Will be picking up some hot star on the weekend!
There's usually not that many people at the Yonge/Finch location!
Careful, free chicken only at Windsor
Before you ask, yes. Yes, I do regret this username.
Jun 24, 2015
51 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
but it takes forever for them to deep fry. its 10min wait on a regular....can't imagine how long you'd have to wait for this promo...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5626 posts
245 upvotes
I miss the fried chicken in Taiwan!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
1107 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
how do people find the taste compared to other fried chicken? I personally find it too sweet, i think they season it in salt and sugar
Jan 15, 2013
708 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
Love love love Hotstar BUT godamnit why can't they just serve rice? What Asian restaurant doesn't?

Their rice only goes with 1 item on the menu and they won't let you buy it as a separate item (at least the one in Kitchener won't).
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2546 posts
1707 upvotes
Toronto, ON
First 50? Would you have to set up camp outside the night before the opening day to get it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8235 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
GOOD LUCK TO WHOS LINNING UP.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jan 29, 2015
57 posts
17 upvotes
Brookside05 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:38 am
Love love love Hotstar BUT godamnit why can't they just serve rice? What Asian restaurant doesn't?

Their rice only goes with 1 item on the menu and they won't let you buy it as a separate item (at least the one in Kitchener won't).
What? Rice? Kitchener? Since when did hot star start having rice as part of its menu? And there is no location in Kitchener.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5016 posts
792 upvotes
GTA
how do you guys like this... from yelp it sounds not so good compared to the actual places in asia.

We Shall Never Forget 7/08 '14
We Shall Never Forget 8/19 '11

Toilet Paper Calculations Thread
Jan 29, 2015
57 posts
17 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:47 pm
how do you guys like this... from yelp it sounds not so good compared to the actual places in asia.
As far as the hotstar brand goes it's the same between Canada and Taiwan - expensive and thick breading so only the tourists fall for it, and the natives usually go for the local unfranchised places. But this is all you get in Canada so it's better than nothing when there's a craving.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5016 posts
792 upvotes
GTA
rytwjyx wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:54 pm
As far as the hotstar brand goes it's the same between Canada and Taiwan - expensive and thick breading so only the tourists fall for it, and the natives usually go for the local unfranchised places. But this is all you get in Canada so it's better than nothing when there's a craving.
Ah thanks, i suppose i will try it one day!

I am sure some small place here will replicate it.

We Shall Never Forget 7/08 '14
We Shall Never Forget 8/19 '11

Toilet Paper Calculations Thread