Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Hot! stock 2016 Kia optima LX $7000 off ~ $18,888+HST

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2017 5:04 am
Feb 8, 2010
625 posts
572 upvotes

Hot! stock 2016 Kia optima LX $7000 off ~ $18,888+HST

Deal Link:
Price:
$18888
Savings:
$7000 off
I am looking to buy a mid-size car, then found this deal posted on autotrader by an out of town dealership.
For $18888+HST, this is the lowest priced mid-size sedan. If you can get it ~$22000 on the road, the car has a lot of advantages over a smaller sedan. Lots of room, 2.4L engine, quietness.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kia/Optima/S ... po=ShowCPO
http://www.stratfordkia.com/new/Kia/201 ... 24de3c.htm

It appears that the dealer purchased some old 2016 inventory from Kia and sell it at deep discount. Consider it is 2016 model year, the car probably has been sitting on the lot for over a year.

Look at the pictures, it has manual seat + auto shift, bluetooth & cruise control. Not too bad for a daily commute car.

Main difference between 2016 Optima LX ~ 2017 Optima LX+
power seat
heated front seat
backup camera
heated side mirrow
push start

I am struggling between getting a higher trim 2017 optima LX+ for 28k or save $6000 to get a 2016 optima LX.

UPDATE:
I bought an optima from the out of town dealer. Not the LX model but a 2016 LX Eco Turbo(1.6T). Great price.
Premium paint, touch screen(small), camera, auto seat, heated seat & steering wheel, air vent at the back. The outside mirror even folds when I lock the car.

Car was manufactured in 2015 Nov. So it has been sitting for 1.5 years.
$25999 OTR, 0 down, 2.99% finance 84 mo. (Don't need to tell me the upside-down loan liability in 5 years, I don't care. My investment account return is at 7%)

Got the car yesterday, I think there are still some inventory around. Overall I am very happy the purchase. No GTA dealer would sell me at this price.
Last edited by billy_z on May 27th, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 replies
Mar 16, 2008
301 posts
190 upvotes
Arviat
billy_z wrote: I am looking to buy a mid-size car, then found this deal posted on autotrader by an out of town dealership.
For $18888+HST, this is the lowest priced mid-size sedan. If you can get it ~$22000 on the road, the car has a lot of advantages over a smaller sedan. Lots of room, 2.4L engine, quietness.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kia/Optima/S ... po=ShowCPO
http://www.stratfordkia.com/new/Kia/201 ... 24de3c.htm

It appears that the dealer purchased some old 2016 inventory from Kia and sell it at deep discount. Consider it is 2016 model year, the car probably has been sitting on the lot for over a year.

Look at the pictures, it has manual seat + auto shift, bluetooth & cruise control. Not too bad for a daily commute car.

Main difference between 2016 Optima LX ~ 2017 Optima LX+
power seat
heated front seat
backup camera
heated side mirrow
push start

I am struggling between getting a higher trim 2017 optima LX+ for 28k or save $6000 to get a 2016 optima LX.

My friend got a new 2016 LX+ Optima from Orangeville Kia came directly from Kia factory (did not sit on lot) for $24.6 on the road. Maybe you should call them to see if they have anymore avaialble. Good Luck!!
Feb 8, 2010
625 posts
572 upvotes
elamalaka wrote: My friend got a new 2016 LX+ Optima from Orangeville Kia came directly from Kia factory (did not sit on lot) for $24.6 on the road. Maybe you should call them to see if they have anymore avaialble. Good Luck!!
Thanks buddy! Your reply is pure gold.
Jul 6, 2016
117 posts
102 upvotes
Check out St. Catherine's Kia. They Have similar sale to Orangeville Kia.

Tried to get Kias around the GTA to price match. Unfortunately none agree to do so saying the price is too low, even with all the Kia incentives. Def a good deal if you can find one in the colour and model you like.
Apr 30, 2015
207 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
According to the statistics on dashboard-light (formerly long term quality index), this car is much worse than the industry average, just keep that in mind, and check out other models to compare.
My VoIP.ms settings with Zoiper:
Disabled Echo cancellation
Sip
Transport= TCP, registry=300
Dialler integration, always on
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1805 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
bipolargraph wrote: According to the statistics on dashboard-light (formerly long term quality index), this car is much worse than the industry average, just keep that in mind, and check out other models to compare.
I bought 2015 model, and it's been very reliable after already driven for 40k km; I got around $34k price range for Honda Accord, and even Mazda 6 was over $30k, so getting this for $22.5k was sweet, sometimes it's just better to stay under budget and get what you need rather then going after brand name.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad deal.
The way the winds are blowing, I would expect to see more discounts from more manufacturers as things get worse for auto sales.
Jul 7, 2011
476 posts
198 upvotes
bipolargraph wrote: According to the statistics on dashboard-light (formerly long term quality index), this car is much worse than the industry average, just keep that in mind, and check out other models to compare.
I got the 2012 ex luxury package. The vehicle has unfortunately been in 4 collisions. 2 minor and 2 major (front bumper ripped off in parking lot, rear ended by teen on cell phone, rear ended while in front of parking gate which pushed the car through the gate breaking it, rear ended while stopped at a light)

At this point I'd love to get another car the the vehicle was repaired to oem stabdards and is still a solid ride. At 136,000kms I've had two issues, one being the stereo (which got replaced twice) and rust on the rear door panels which got replaced three times and again are rusting (out of warranty now) which Kia is refusing to take car of as it's obviously a defect. If it wasn't for those two things I'd recommend the vehicle 100%.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Good deal OP. I wish they had the EX trim, which includes a lot more features like sunroof and leather.
Oct 22, 2015
24 posts
14 upvotes
Kanata, ON
tbernie wrote: I got the 2012 ex luxury package. The vehicle has unfortunately been in 4 collisions. 2 minor and 2 major (front bumper ripped off in parking lot, rear ended by teen on cell phone, rear ended while in front of parking gate which pushed the car through the gate breaking it, rear ended while stopped at a light)

At this point I'd love to get another car the the vehicle was repaired to oem stabdards and is still a solid ride. At 136,000kms I've had two issues, one being the stereo (which got replaced twice) and rust on the rear door panels which got replaced three times and again are rusting (out of warranty now) which Kia is refusing to take car of as it's obviously a defect. If it wasn't for those two things I'd recommend the vehicle 100%.
I haven't put my optima thru quite this much but my 2011 hasn't given me any issues outside of normal break stuff. I find that it costs a lot in gas if thats an issue.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
These are clearly listed as used though it seems with very low kms. Since they were "never registered", according to the ad, they must have been used for some kind of Kia promotional purposes--perhaps off-road (I don't mean on dirt just not on public roads) test-drive events, or for car shows, "mall cars", etc. Seems like a good deal if you don't mind that probably a hundred ppl (kids included) sat in it and fiddled with every knob, button, etc. they could. And the fact that they're MY16 and we're already halfway through 2017. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the cars and you get full warranty, but just saying the cars were obviously used for something. Those trying to "PM" at other stealerships will certainly be a no-go for the most part as they would be selling you a new vehicle and not a used one (regardless of how little use).

Also 2.4L engine is a bit of a drag as the 1.6T offers more usable output and better FE. The odd thing is it seems the 1.6T isn't even available in Canada??? Weird.
Dec 12, 2003
847 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
This new trend of new car threads in the Hot Deals section seems like an easy way for the OPs to get feedback on a purchase they are about to make and discover new deals from fellow members.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20776 posts
6618 upvotes
London
Weird, there must be some other back story to these Optima cars

In fall 2013, I was looking at a new Optima . The 2014 model had just come out and I was looking at 2013s on clearance. I came across more than a few "brand new" 2012 Optimas with very low mileage, never registered at multiple dealers being sold at big discounts. The explanation I was given at the time was that these were corporate "display" vehicles.
From the OPs ad:
SPECIAL PURCHASE OF OVER 100 2016 OPTIMA LX'S FROM KIA CANADA, WITH ALMOST NO KM! THESE VEHICLES HAVE NEVER HAD AN OWNER, AND ARE NOT PREVIOUS RENTALS! FOR FULL DETAILS AND BIG SAVINGS, CAL.....

There must a some corporate income tax loophole for Kia to be doing this repeatedly (holding 100s brand new cars for a year, the selling them as used)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
.EE. wrote: This new trend of new car threads in the Hot Deals section seems like an easy way for the OPs to get feedback on a purchase they are about to make and discover new deals from fellow members.
That's fine.
There is always something that everyone fails to consider when making a large purchase like a car.
Very helpful threads.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
tbernie wrote: I got the 2012 ex luxury package. The vehicle has unfortunately been in 4 collisions. 2 minor and 2 major (front bumper ripped off in parking lot, rear ended by teen on cell phone, rear ended while in front of parking gate which pushed the car through the gate breaking it, rear ended while stopped at a light)
Jesus. Where do you drive?
May 3, 2016
125 posts
28 upvotes
cowbunpants wrote: That's fine.
There is always something that everyone fails to consider when making a large purchase like a car.
Very helpful threads.
Absolutely agree. I find it very informative.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Not sure about the 2016 but there is a huge problem with the engine recalls. Also, a 2016, that's pretty much 2 years old. But I guess as long as it's brand new with <50km it's ok.

Having said that I am very pleased with my Kia Forte 2015 that I got for 17600 OTR with 0% financing for 60 months. Paying bellow 300$ monthly. And it's loaded with options
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4725 posts
2778 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Not sure about the 2016 but there is a huge problem with the engine recalls. Also, a 2016, that's pretty much 2 years old. But I guess as long as it's brand new with <50km it's ok.

Having said that I am very pleased with my Kia Forte 2015 that I got for 17600 OTR with 0% financing for 60 months. Paying bellow 300$ monthly. And it's loaded with options
What trim was your Forte?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16511 posts
3315 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Brampton.
LOL. That was my first guess.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)