Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telltale Games

HOT!!! Telltale games bundle for charity 20$ 6 games SAM AND MAX NOW UNLOCKED

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2010 12:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1641 posts
788 upvotes

[Telltale Games] HOT!!! Telltale games bundle for charity 20$ 6 games SAM AND MAX NOW UNLOCKED

More offers from Telltale Games
*********SAM AND MAX 2 NOW UNLOCKED*******

Sale Ends September 20th

So you get The Whispered World, Jack Keane, King's Quest collection (7 games), Penny Arcade Episode 1, Puzzle Agent and Sam and Max season 2 (all episodes) for 20$!!!!

VERY HOT DEAL and It's also for a great cause! :)

King's Quest Collection(all the king's quest series, I think seven games?) , Puzzle Agent, Jack Keane, Penny Arcade episode 1 = all fun games

The Whispered World is a new release and it's GREAT so you get all these other games for the price of one!!!

http://www.telltalegames.com/adventurebundle

[IMG]http://www.telltalegames.com/images/adv ... /logo2.png[/IMG]
80 replies
Deal Addict
May 10, 2010
1899 posts
831 upvotes
Sorry homie but $20 for games I have never heard of is kinda bleh.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1641 posts
788 upvotes
Smooth~ wrote: Sorry homie but $20 for games I have never heard of is kinda bleh.

then you have no video game culture lol :lol:

Never heard of King's Quest or Sam and Max? These games start coming out in the 80s/90s. 20 years later and you've never heard of them? Wow :cry:
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2008
3972 posts
677 upvotes
Grimcurse wrote: then you have no video game culture lol :lol:

Never heard of King's Quest or Sam and Max? These games start coming out in the 80s/90s. 20 years later and you've never heard of them? Wow :cry:

Well, not everyone will recognize old DOS based games. I guess I'm old enough to have been part of that generation that played MS DOS games, Sam & Max was definitely one of the best. I don't see how 20 years later would have improved any sort awareness for the series, its never been THAT popular, but does have a good fan base. 2 games are bonus, and only unlocked after a certain amount donated is met, which is a bit deceiving. I guess the deal is good if (1) you're already getting those games or (2) you are planning on donating to those charities. However, only 25% of your purchase goes towards that charity of your selection.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2010
1899 posts
831 upvotes
Thats like older then NES. Still wouldn't pay $20 for a bunch of 80's/90's games lol
Dec 8, 2005
657 posts
43 upvotes
The Sam and Max games are new. The first game was released in the early 90s, but Telltale has been releasing episodic ones in recent years.
Penny Arcade is also recent.

Sam and Max Season 2 (complete?) is worth $20 alone.
Nov 26, 2009
77 posts
6 upvotes
Son of a *****, I just bought the Kings Quest bundle for $20.00 on steam >_< The sam and max bundle is $20 too and I was planning to pick it up but i'll buy it from there just for the fact it's for charity.

Thanks.
Jul 9, 2005
403 posts
23 upvotes
These games are pretty new (with the exception of King's Quest).
Here are some trailers...

The Whispered World Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9__Da0onSb8

Jack Keane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzeErqDhBI

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWKQ4CyhZxk

Puzzle Agent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbMF5pHOEs

Sam & Max Season 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlX92mbQKiM

Couldn't find a King's Quest Collection Trailer.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
T-CellReceptor wrote: Well, not everyone will recognize old DOS based games.
This only apply to KQ, rest is either reworked or recently released.
That said "Well, not everyone will recognize old school adventure games." so sad :(

Any way, this is certainly a hot deal, does anyone know if KQ series comes with a speech track ?
Oct 16, 2008
84 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks OP. Hot deal IMO.

Specifically since I've been on a retro adventure game kick again. Oh how I wish they made more games like this today.
Apr 9, 2007
141 posts
159 upvotes
metacritic reviews for all the games are kinda bleh. I'll pass unless this goes down in price.
Jul 28, 2006
169 posts
9 upvotes
Kitchener
King's Quest is an absolute classic. I remember, as a kid, playing the first instalment in glorious CGA graphics. Looking back I'm amazed they were able to design such a complex, entertaining and challenging game when (relative to today's systems) they had so little to work with. Thanks!
Dec 24, 2006
346 posts
304 upvotes
Vancouver
GarthD wrote: King's Quest is an absolute classic. I remember, as a kid, playing the first instalment in glorious CGA graphics. Looking back I'm amazed they were able to design such a complex, entertaining and challenging game when (relative to today's systems) they had so little to work with. Thanks!

I wholeheartedly agree, although my all time favourite 'old school' series has got to be Kyrandia...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1555 posts
659 upvotes
Ottawa
Smooth~ wrote: Thats like older then NES. Still wouldn't pay $20 for a bunch of 80's/90's games lol

Theses are great games, so it's your loss. Also, why are you even posting in a thread about something that you know nothing about, and have zero interest in?

Anyway, looks like a hot deal, but I couldn't care less about any of the charities they chose (not to say it's not a bad idea). I'll probably grab this if/when Sam & Max unlocks.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
mabba18 wrote: Anyway, looks like a hot deal, but I couldn't care less about any of the charities they chose (not to say it's not a bad idea). I'll probably grab this if/when Sam & Max unlocks.

ACK! Please: the charitable donation is what makes this a really hot deal. The games alone for $20 is great, but when you consider $5 of your purchase will go towards a worthy cause - everybody wins.

I urge everyone to choose Child's Play as their charity of choice - your $5 will go towards ensuring sick kids in hospitals have toys, games and books to make their stay more pleasant and enjoyable. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
Smooth~ wrote: Sorry homie but $20 for games I have never heard of is kinda bleh.
You've never heard of King's Quest? Sad.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1028 posts
12 upvotes
I'm in..... I've been teetering on trying some of their games, especially Puzzle Agent, whenever I log in to Steam. It's unlocked already, so that, along with the charity donation, makes it a no-brainer for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1641 posts
788 upvotes
Thanks Sporb for the trailers!!
Smooth~ wrote: Thats like older then NES. Still wouldn't pay $20 for a bunch of 80's/90's games lol
I know i shouldn't bother with people like you but you really didn't understand what I meant. The first Sam and Max came out in the 90s but the one in the bundle is a new release from 2008 and it's not a remake, it's all new episodes. It's also available on Wii, Xbox Live and Steam. The Whispered World and Puzzle Agent came out a couple of months ago (april/june 2010) and the rest is from 2008. Nothing is old besides the King's Quest series and these are classics that every one should play at least once.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
Let's not forget that there are high-quality freeware remakes of King's Quest I, II, and III readily available. (Yes, III too - it's not from the same people who did the I and II remakes.)

But indeed, Sam & Max Episode 2 alone is worth $20.
Xarion wrote: Son of a *****, I just bought the Kings Quest bundle for $20.00 on steam >_<
Never, ever buy anything off Steam that's not on sale. There is no point.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
frugal_fanboy wrote: ACK! Please: the charitable donation is what makes this a really hot deal. The games alone for $20 is great, but when you consider $5 of your purchase will go towards a worthy cause - everybody wins.

I urge everyone to choose Child's Play as their charity of choice - your $5 will go towards ensuring sick kids in hospitals have toys, games and books to make their stay more pleasant and enjoyable. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

I'd rather donate to a charity that gives kids in places that don't have public health care that otherwise wouldn't have access to to the hospital in the hospital in the first place, rather than making sure more privileged kids have the latest PSP games while they are already getting the care they need.
Jorpho wrote: Never, ever buy anything off Steam that's not on sale. There is no point.

Same can be said about pretty much EVERYTHING. :P